BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swine Flu

ABBEY

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that Peterbrough seem happy for the game to go ahead. If I was Darren Ferguson I'd be pretty worried about their squad picking up the infection and damaging their fight to stay up in the Championship.

Maybe he will visit his dad after the game - who will then go to see the players before the rovers game.

silly question but how far does it travel so to speak? thinking about dunny taking corners etc against dingles and also people in the crowd....potential infection rate could be huge ,not just the teams?

Worse would be if Di Santo had it. He practically Frenched the first few rows.

Allardyce really should decide to focus on his game strategy and spend less time spouting off to the press . It makes him look stupid and demeans the value of the Club.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5654685,00.html

Truth is he may not have Swine flu but he made a "pigs ear" of the Chelsea game and now he is trying to cover his tracks.

...and I had my arm round him having my photo taken with him on the Thursday at the Dunny and Higgy night. No wonder I've been feeling ropey this last few days :blink:

I had my picture with him after the Burnley game the only person to do this(unless people had photos inside the stadium) before getting into his Bentley as he approched me I noticed he did not look well and appeared to be limping and I said what is up is it your hamstring and he said no it it Flu !

I felt a bit rough the day after the dingle game, but put it down to over exhuberance of celebration ;)

By Tuesday dinnertime, i retreated to my bed with sore throat, high temperature & having hot & cold flushes. I felt proper awful!! :(

Since then, every day i have had different symptoms, nausea, chest pains, burning eyes, blocked ears,nose & throat.

It`s been a week & i still don`t feel right. I`ve been left with a chest infection that`s rattling away like an 80-a-day smoker, plus a barking cough that`s drained all my energy. My chest & ribs feel like they`re bruised. The doc reckons i`ve probably had swine-flu.....although i`ve not seen him, just phoned.

Granted i`m not as fit as a pro footballer, but it`s flattened me BIG time. The last thing i want to do is run around playing sport feeling the way i do.

I wouldn`t wish it on anybody......unless you`re a dingle, then you can have it ;) lol

Jason Brown interview on Rovers Player, at the end he admits he has a little something that's going around the place.

OMG JASON BROWN HAS SWINE FLU!!!!!!!! (it's highly advised that the posh stay out of his box to avoid further spreading of this harsh, hard disease :!: )

ABBEY swine flu is not an airborne disease. The methods of transmission are body fluids, e.g someone sneezing or coughing over you, handshakes etc BUT also from surfaces contaminated by infected people. The toilet handle, door knobs etc. The virus can live for two hours or more on such surfaces. Personal hygiene, especially washing your hands thoroughly (30 seconds of soaping) is very important. Wash the taps before you wash your hands as it's daft to wash your hands and then touch a surface that may be contaminated. Cold and flu virus tend to live longer on non-porous surfaces (plastic, laminates etc) than on porous surfaces (clothing, skin etc).

Nonsense, I'd expect to read this sort of thing in The Sun or Star!. Any player with swine flu would have to turn towards the crowd and cough, sneeze or spit with great force to have a chance of infecting them. If there was any likelihood of a player infecting supporters in the manner suggested there would be stringent controls in place already. People in the crowd are a different matter and a very good way of contracting swine flu. Personal hygiene is really important in preventing the spread of swine flu and in football stadiums you can be guaranteed there will be people with low standards in this area.

If you suspect you have swine flu you should be staying at home

more of a bug

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but did anyone hear Matt Taylor's comments on the radio the other day? The same day Gary Megson said a number of players at Bolton had suffered from Swine Flu - Taylor was asked on the radio if he was worried about it. He said no because no-one at Bolton had contracted it. Maybe Megson is just jumping on the bandwagon?

Link was not working Phil.

It seems the add link adds another Http: at the front of the link. Rather annoying.

Reporting isn't very good when you get it to work..... anyone spot the mistake?

Midfielder David Dunn and defender Chris Samba were two of the Blackburn players reported to have a virus and both of them were missing from the squad for the 5-0 defeat at Chelsea on Saturday, although Dunn was an unused substitute against Posh

Samba in the press today. He lost 10 kilo in 2 days because of the flu... that cant be good for any pro! :unsure:

Be better if Dunny had lost that much! Come to think about it could we not have got Benny to be bedside nurse to big Chris when his fever was at it's highest?

Wow!! That`s over 4 stone!!

Time moves on, the world changes and old gits like me get left behind.........but I hope 4 stone is still 56 pounds and 10 kilos is around 22 pounds.............or it was when I left school?

Time moves on, the world changes and old gits like me get left behind.........but I hope 4 stone is still 56 pounds and 10 kilos is around 22 pounds.............or it was when I left school?

Sure is...just over 1 1/2 stone in 2 days....Had it been Benni he could have been re-invented for the next 3 years for us!! :lol:

Archived