BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Vs Rovers

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could utd get the game cancelled with fears off there players getting infected?

Its a possibilty that fergie will want game to go ahead so he has a excuse for if they loss the next games after.

I hope dunny and samba get well asap and are ready for this game. If they are i am hoping for a 2-2 draw but most likely fergie time will help make it 3-2

With the Swine Flu - I fear we'll get a pasting. However, if we were fully fit I'm not scared by a trip to Old Trafford. I feel we're far more likely to get something at Old Trafford than at Arsenal or Chelsea. Vidic is suspended isn't he? If Rooney's wife has her baby on Saturday afternoon - I don't think they have any one individual who scares me anymore.

Unfortunately circumstances being as they are - I still think we'll lose 4-0.

Personally I think we are better set up to deal with United than Chelsea. Chelsea are monsters who work the midfield whereas Utd are actually quite light in the centre. It will be more difficult for them to hurt us I think if we play deep.#

If Dunn, Di Santo, Chimbonda and Samba play that is a massively better team than last week. We will still lose but by a couple of goals would be more acceptable....

Plenty of press comment that the Mancs are up there without playing at all well. It is not unusual for clubs to bounce back after a thrashing and we know Dunn will be fit and Di santo will be mighty motivated after an enforced contractual two game lay-off having broken his duck against the dingles.

It is cynical but I believe we have to show Chelsea that Di santo is more value to them at Rovers than at Stamford Bridge which means we have to deny the Mancs all three points this week-end with Franco playing a blinder.

Assuming all are fit and well:

Robinson

Jacobsen - Samba - Givet - Chimbonda

Emerton - Dunn - Nzonzi - Diouf

McCarthy - Di Santo

It would be harsh to drop Pedersen after he scored imo. But having said that, if you are going to put someone in his place, I'd put Olsson there over Diouf. I like Diouf, but he does very little imo.

Robinson

Jacobsen Nelsen Samba Givet

Diouf Nzonzi Dunn Pedersen

--McCarthy

-------Di Santo

If we can scrape a draw id say we've had a decent enough month. Yes the hammerings against Arsenal/Chelsea hurt, but overall, to come out of October with 4 points a progression in the Carling Cup would be decent enough. But obviously that requires a draw at OT

Although, im more confident about this match then the chelsea one. I feel that Man Utd have more weak links, esp defensively. Its still a hard task but with Di Santo and Dunn back id hope that we can cause them far more problems than we did at Stamford Bridge.

1-1. Gamst and Owen.

I think a SLIGHT shuffle is in order:

Robbo

Jacobsen--Samba--Nelsen--Chimbonda

-Emerton----Salgado------Pedersen

--------Dunn------McCarthy

------------DiSanto

4321 - like a spearhead? I just think Dunn and McCarthy will create endless chances for DiSanto to run onto, while Pedersen and Emerton can both attack and defend on the wings. Both also perfomed well tonight according to most. Salgado, apparently played well, but I still think he'll be suited to a CDM role. He will use his experience to detect danger in the middle of the park against the not-so-quick Scholes/Carrick/Anderson and get a foot in! The defence sort of picks itself. And Robbo....need I say more?

Very surprised people are wanting to mess with the Dunn/Di Santo partnership. My line-up would be...

................ Robinson

Salgado Samba Givet Chimbonda

......... Emerton . N'Zonzi

... Diouf ...... Dunn ..... Pedersen

................ Di Santo

Interesting game ahead. Following last night - id say Emerton, Salgado & Benni have all stepped forward and put themselves more into the mixer than they were previously.

I wouldnt drop Dunn or Di Santo - but its whether or not we should go 4-4-2 and play Dunn in Midfield, maybe from the right wing?! and then allow Benni & Di Santo to cause trouble up top....?

Interesting game ahead. Following last night - id say Emerton, Salgado & Benni have all stepped forward and put themselves more into the mixer than they were previously.

I wouldnt drop Dunn or Di Santo - but its whether or not we should go 4-4-2 and play Dunn in Midfield, maybe from the right wing?! and then allow Benni & Di Santo to cause trouble up top....?

I can't see how anyone would move Dunn. He has been truely outstanding in his position. Benni on the bench.

Re: Jacobsen. He has been in decline since Everton, but I am worried about how Salgado will cope in his stead. Didn't see yesterday so not really qualified to comment, but against pace or strength he seemed very vulnerable when I have watched him.

I would go with Le Chuck's team, but maybe retain Jacobsen

after watching last night's match, i would like the team to be this on saturday. Whatever team we choose, i think we will loose, i just hope we make more of a game of it unlike our previous games against the big teams this season.

Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelson Givet

Diouf Emerton N'Zonzi Dunn

Benni Di Santo

I can't see how anyone would move Dunn. He has been truely outstanding in his position. Benni on the bench.

I agree he has been outstanding, however we need to get Benni involved more - we are letting a talent go to waste on the bench. He scores goals too which is key!!

Against United I can understand sticking with 4-4-1-1 and Benni on the bench, but not against lesser teams coming up!

Archived