Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Vs Rovers

I'd probably go with:

Robinson

Jacobsen - Samba - Nelsen - Givet

Diouf - Emerton - Nzonzi - Pedersen

Dunn

Di Santo

The only ones guaranteed to start will be Dunny, Robbo, Di Santo, N'Zonzi and Samba imo. Have a feeling Sam may start Salgado, he may have been impressive against a side struggling in the Championship but i think he will struggle against United.

In Midfield Emerton must be pushing for a place after a strong performance, he has the energy and tenacity to trouble United. I'd have N'Zonzi slightly deeper and allow Emerton the chance every so often to run with the ball. Can't see Sam, dropping Pedersen as i don't think Hoilett did enough to make a strong enough case for a place.

Dunny and Di Santo up front is a no brainer. I'd like to see Kalinic get some time on the pitch though during this game.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we did do the double over them not that long ago...erm...Not really hopeful tbh and like the Chelsea game I just want this to stay within 2 goals if possible and for the players out there to show some pride in the shirt.

Id keep Di Santo up top and play Dunny in behind and after seeing him last night move Salgado in at RB as he looked up to speed (albeit against a Championship side I know).

I agree he has been outstanding, however we need to get Benni involved more - we are letting a talent go to waste on the bench. He scores goals too which is key!!

Against United I can understand sticking with 4-4-1-1 and Benni on the bench, but not against lesser teams coming up!

I have a real feeling if we drop Dunn into a 442 he will become average. He is not that quick, will be exposed on the counter, and not have the freedom to float which is what he has been doing brilliantly. In a 442 he will need to be disciplined and athletic and I think that takes a massive amount away from his game.

Have I missed something? Is Chimbonda injured or something?

My team :-

Robinson

Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Diouf (for now), Emerton, Nzonzi, Pederson

Dunn

Di Santo

That's got to be our best back line and includes our best four defenders. Diouf is not great but is the best we have for now. Junior showed last night that he is not quite ready yet. In an ideal world we could do with a fast left winger too but until then Pederson is the best we have and there is no way you move Dunn in his present form to accomodate the enigmatic McCarthy.

The Nelsen doubters should have watched him last night. Once he came on the Peterborough attack ceased to exist.

Get the feeling Sam has been wanting to drop Jacobsen - he was laying into him from the touchline during the Chelsea match. Therefore, Salgado might start this one.

Salgado vs United is disaster in waiting - anyone with pace will murder him.

Very surprised people are wanting to mess with the Dunn/Di Santo partnership. My line-up would be...

................ Robinson

Salgado Samba Givet Chimbonda

......... Emerton . N'Zonzi

... Diouf ...... Dunn ..... Pedersen

................ Di Santo

Not bad Le Chuck.

Think if Owen IS playing then Nelsen SHOULD NOT history shows Owen alaways gets the better of the admiral.

Dropping Andrews make the side look that little bit stronger definitely agree with Emmerton over Andrews.

Will the expert view it like you Le Chuck think he should.

if olsonn plays then i know sam has completely given up on this fixture before ko and i'll play safe and say a mere 5-6 nil. IF the backline is jacobsen-samba-givet-chimbonda then i'll say 2 or 3 nil.

Hopefully when we get corners and freekicks everyone in the box starts coughing and sneezing to get themselves a bit of room.

That's a very good reason to like him. He still an out of control maniac who speaks before he thinks, but he's doing some good in the world.

I can't remember where I read this, but an article (Mirror?) once stated stated that 30% of his wage goes straight through his accounts and are spread amongst over 50 charities. He may be a pillock, but there's a heart in there somewhere. He's a blast to talk to as well! Quite the joker! but his dress-sense....THATS a reason to hate him. Mein Gotte!!

:rover: i would personally not risk dunny in this match,we are all waiting with baited breath for his next injury and if he gets it against a top 4 team i will be gutted,keep him fit for the 30 games a season we have a chance in.saldalgo may have played well on tuesday but gold trafford is a different place,he is a mile off premiership pace :brfcsmilie:

:rover: i would personally not risk dunny in this match,we are all waiting with baited breath for his next injury and if he gets it against a top 4 team i will be gutted,keep him fit for the 30 games a season we have a chance in.

You sound like Sam, given up before the KO.

Yes but with that attitude, do we then rest dunny for every top 4 encounter home and away? what about games against poorer opposition? Wouldnt it be equally a waste for him to get injured playing against Wigan away? Also, the less game time Dunn gets the more injury prone he would become. He's in a good rhythem at the moment, playing each week, i dont think itd be wise for that to be interrupted. He's playing well and thats the most important thing.

The Nelsen doubters should have watched him last night. Once he came on the Peterborough attack ceased to exist.

I don't doubt that happened...but I saw him three days earlier against a top Premier League team and he was the worst player on the pitch, responsible for three of the five goals.

It's what he does with the ball that infuriates me most. I don't mind defenders clearing their lines, but he does when there is absolutely no pressure on him, and it immediately puts us on the back foot. He did it time after time against Chelsea. He needs to regain his composure if he's to play at places like Old Trafford, because I think his panic spreads to the rest of the team.

Even he can sort his head out then I would agree that is our best defence...but until that happens I'd much prefer Samba and Givet in the middle.

I don't doubt that happened...but I saw him three days earlier against a top Premier League team and he was the worst player on the pitch, responsible for three of the five goals.

It's what he does with the ball that infuriates me most. I don't mind defenders clearing their lines, but he does when there is absolutely no pressure on him, and it immediately puts us on the back foot. He did it time after time against Chelsea. He needs to regain his composure if he's to play at places like Old Trafford, because I think his panic spreads to the rest of the team.

Even he can sort his head out then I would agree that is our best defence...but until that happens I'd much prefer Samba and Givet in the middle.

Spot on Le Chuck.

United on saturday is very different to a relgation fodder championship team.....Let just hope he is on form!!

The same infuriates me too - why doesnt he just give it to a full back, at least they know how to pass the ball into the right areas.

Archived