BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Vs Rovers

Nothing is going to change from the Arse/Chelsea matches. The team will be the same, the instructions will be the same and the scoreline will be the same. Andrews and Peds will be crucified in the post match reviews as usual. The score will be ManU a lot, us none.

I'm cheerful though, it's only 3 points that we were never going to get anyway, who cares about the score line. We'll finish mid table so the goal diff doesn't matter so let's whistle and look on the bright side of life. These are matches you just have to get out of the way.

*breaks into tune:*

"Always look on the bright side of life"...

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is going to change from the Arse/Chelsea matches. The team will be the same, the instructions will be the same

They were two totally different matches in those respects. Which match will the selection and instructions be like?

14/1 to win the game...that's worth at least a fiver of my money.

18/1 with a lot of the bookies and trading at 25 (24/1) on Betfair if your interested. The odds are not suprising if you consider our recent away form really.

18/1 with a lot of the bookies and trading at 25 (24/1) on Betfair if your interested. The odds are not suprising if you consider our recent away form really.

I've never used Betfair. Is it pretty easy to just go and stick a tenner on Rovers to win at 24/1? I see there is an introductory offer of a free £25 bet too.

They were two totally different matches in those respects. Which match will the selection and instructions be like?

Well to the best of my recollection we played Robbo, Jacobsen, Olsson, Givet, Dioufy, N'Zonzi, Andrews, Emo and Peds in both matches and the only changes were forced ones i.e. Dunny had flu and Di Santo was ineligible. Roberts came in as the one up front.

I think Dunny is back from flu so he'll play. Di Santo is eligible so he'll play (and Jasons got the flu). Nothings changed then. Barring illness the team to face Chelsea would have been the one that faced Arsenal.

If we're being picky Nelson might be the odd one out, can't remember which game he played in and which one he didn't.

Both games ended with a big goals against total.

Both were 'big 4' teams that we played away.

On balance I'd say both cases were about the same, so my view is it will be the same tomorrow, illnesses allowing. Team will be pretty much the same, and as before we're playing a 'big four' team away so I think we'll end up with a big goals against total.

As for instructions I think it will be same as both the other games - sit off and mark space in midfield, don't tackle until they try to go past and hope to catch them on the long ball and set pieces. Stay disciplined and do exactly as you are told in the team meeting, no rush of blood even if/when they score, keep your shape (que Julie waving his arms about). Midfield to sit right in front of the back four and don't move.

The result will be exactly the same then, they'll pass straight through us, kill us in the channels and end up with about 66% possession. Robbo will need another blinder as the long shots will rain in, everyone knows we're weak at preventing them.

All in all then exactly the same as the other two games. OLDEST FORM OF MADNESS IN THE WORLD IS TO DO THE SAME THINGS AND EXPECT A DIFFERENT RESULT. We will do the same things and the result will be the same. Well that's my view anyway.

We're the Rovers so let's just enjoy the ride and not be too shocked with the result - always look on the bright side of life eh!? :rover:

Lawro predicts a 4-0 United win:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8332412.stm

:lol: "United create so many chances"

The same amount of chances which has seen them score so many goals at home yet the games they have won at home this season they've only won by one single goal, 4-0 it is then.

• Backroom

3-0 United, the big four on their day are unstoppable for the likes of us, lets just hope they play like they did against burnley and if we turn up we might have a chance.

You also feel to get anything an induvidual will have to have an inspired performance to spur us on, something we have lacked since Bentley lefy but Dunny is showing he may be the man to do that

Just hoping they don't turn up and have a bad game, if then play to our best you never know, I'd be happy with a win but in all honesty I just hope we put up a good performance and avoid a hammering. Anything can happen in football though, still with the referees at OT it'll probably take a miracle to get anything out of the game!

Just hoping they don't turn up and have a bad game, if then play to our best you never know, I'd be happy with a win but in all honesty I just hope we put up a good performance and avoid a hammering. Anything can happen in football though, still with the referees at OT it'll probably take a miracle to get anything out of the game!

Took this off the BBC website:

Referee Phil Dowd has given more red cards against United than any other side in the Premier League (five). United have lost five of the 12 matches that Phil Dowd has officiated in the Premier League.

The hope we can get something is growing!

Took this off the BBC website:

Referee Phil Dowd has given more red cards against United than any other side in the Premier League (five). United have lost five of the 12 matches that Phil Dowd has officiated in the Premier League.

The hope we can get something is growing!

Interesting, can't hurt to have him in charge then, let's hope he doesn't feel like after his track record that he owes them a favour!

Lawro predicts a 4-0 United win:

What a poof he is. A very close friend of mine is public events/hospitality coordinator at the Cottage.

He told me they've had to set up for 'Football Focus', broadcast from there tomorrow, and I've asked him if at all possible he can spill hot coffee over the pr1ck.

I'm actually predicting 5 -0 to them.

Maybe we'll get a square deal with the referring. If so, we might win if the squad shows up and play like we did at Arsenal.

I'm assuming we'll play the usual 4-5-1-1 formation. With Dunn and Di Santo back that makes us immeasurably stronger than last week on its own.

If the middle 3 is out of Grella, N'Zonzi, Emerton and Reid (ie no Andrews)I wouldn't expect anything other than a decent battle.A key man is Samba---we are much better if he is fit enough to play.We probably won't get anything but a restoration of self -respect ought to be on the cards.

Thats a good find Presty, gives us a bit more hope.

I have to echo Deadly's thoughts, I'd be happy with a much improved less powerpuff performance. I assume it will be 451/433 so I'm hoping Dunny is on form again and can find the space to punish them. Agression must be present in our play today, United are a bit soft in that area.

Anyway I've got it down as a draw on my slip this weekend.

1-1 Kali from the bench.

Got to say I'm optimistic about this one. All team news from both camps is positive in our favour. And hearing RFW's outburst in his press conference yesterday seemed to indicate that he feels under a certain amount of pressure, especially regarding Rio's form. We need to get at him today, Di Santo to knock him around up front, and Dunn to occupy the space that he likes to step into.

When we 1st got into the Premiership, and for a number of years after, this was a game that I and many others looked forward to with relish. Tickets were sold out weeks in advance and they were like gold dust.

I am going today out of (blind?) loyalty and am not really looking forward to it. I doubt if we will sell 500 tickets and even tickets in the home areas are easy to come by, indeed I have 2 North Stand ManUre ST's in my pocket now and I was offered another 4 (2 stretford end, and 2 south stand) by Utd fans who cannot be bothered to go.

for me the divide between the top (Chelsea, arsenal, utd etc) and us is too great and will never be breeched. This is killing football. If kids were to choose a team they will go for winners, not us or the Pompey's, Stoke and Bolton's of the world unless it is because we are their local team.

the writing is on the wall and we are moving to a Euro super League where the likes of utd can play teams of their own standard rather than us.

I hope and pray for a miracle today!!!!!

When we 1st got into the Premiership, and for a number of years after, this was a game that I and many others looked forward to with relish. Tickets were sold out weeks in advance and they were like gold dust.

I am going today out of (blind?) loyalty and am not really looking forward to it. I doubt if we will sell 500 tickets and even tickets in the home areas are easy to come by, indeed I have 2 North Stand ManUre ST's in my pocket now and I was offered another 4 (2 stretford end, and 2 south stand) by Utd fans who cannot be bothered to go.

for me the divide between the top (Chelsea, arsenal, utd etc) and us is too great and will never be breeched. This is killing football. If kids were to choose a team they will go for winners, not us or the Pompey's, Stoke and Bolton's of the world unless it is because we are their local team.

the writing is on the wall and we are moving to a Euro super League where the likes of utd can play teams of their own standard rather than us.

I hope and pray for a miracle today!!!!!

My feelings are similar. I live within walking distance of Old Trafford, and this has always been a fixture to look forward to. Tonight I'll be watching on the sofa with friends praying we don't get a beating.

It's only tribal, but the drama is amusing.

Ferguson tells Rio Ferdinand to focus on football, not movies.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/worried-man-utd-boss-ferguson-tells-rio-ditch-own-film-premiere-414221

Redknapp expresses his admiration of Rio Ferdinand, admits they are in regular contact but would only bring him to Tottenham "if something went wrong."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/tottenham-boss-redknapp-wont-rule-out-move-man-utds-ferdinand-414211

Not to be out done, but focused on today's game, Fergie waxes eloquent about our Dunn.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-utd-boss-ferguson-impressed-blackburns-dunn-413981

In the meantime, Sam expresses his belief that ManU are not what they once were, with Ronaldo and Tevez gone, and that Chelsea are the title favorites.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/blackburn-boss-allardyce-man-utd-yet-cover-ronaldo-tevez-departures-413961

http://www.tribalfootball.com/blackburn-boss-allardyce-chelsea-title-favourites-413951

Sam also notes that we're the underdogs, so all the pressure is on ManU.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1842126,00.html

It looks like we've drawn the pre-game mind game, with Sam getting an assist from Redknapp.

That coupled with Di Santo has admitted he is doubly motivated to score against ManU, Sam and Ancelottim gives me hope we'll win.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1842122,00.html

I'm changing my estimate of the game 2-3 Rovers. Dunn for one and 2 from Di Santo.

Archived