BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Camel Meriem - free agent - is due back in a couple of weeks after picking up a knee injury in training.

He will have a month or so to impress after that and could eb the answer for nothing.

If not, Sam will have to find someone else.

Nicko, I seem to remember that you hinted of one, possibly two, loan signings to replace McCarthy in the January window. Do you have any names to mention or is it just nameless transfers that Allardyce wants to happen (hoping that last sentence makes sense)?

I hope sam looks at Emana again hopefully his price has dropped.

Also Kris Boyd from Rangers will be going for cheap in jan as his contract expires next year.

Your taking the mickey there fraserkirky with that big dummy Kris Boyd. We need much better than him.

If Sam can pull off the signings of Ibricic and Elm, and ship off MGP,Diouf and Andrews then il be happy. If Benni stays, then we looking good.

Home lineup

Robbo

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton Elm Dunn Ibricic

Benni Di Santo

Away lineup

Robbo

Chimbonda Nelsen Samba Givet

Emerton Nzonzi Elm Ibricic

Dunn

Di Santo

Despite a couple of questionable signings I do think Sam knows good players and if we were to sign Elm and Ibric we would be looking very good. If Kalinic improves and we sign those two then I think we could be quite good to watch. Good to see Sam is tending to target younger players as well.

I hope the board are able to dig deep in January, I wonder if there is a bit of the Warnock money left?

Elm and Ibric......... thats fantastic news to us if we have enff money to pull it off.

diouf and andrew please go out!!!! always tot it was a stupid decision not to sent andrews out of the door when someone bid for him last season. ARGH..........

need to do some work on the backup wingers and blood a upcoming striker. if only we get elm and Ibric......

ELM - I got a good and surprising tip on that and it checked out. Rovers have an interest. They thought the player could be available on the cheap. However it may be a more expensive than expected. However he is the right age and on the list for January.

IBRICIC - price not too silly, so it's down to the manager and scouts deciding he is worth it.

MONEY - I think some will be found and some will be raised. It's going to be a bust few weeks.

There is no doubt that all concerned know that the quality has to be improved and one or two changed.

Keep you posted when and if...

ELM - I got a good and surprising tip on that and it checked out. Rovers have an interest. They thought the player could be available on the cheap. However it may be a more expensive than expected. However he is the right age and on the list for January.

IBRICIC - price not too silly, so it's down to the manager and scouts deciding he is worth it.

MONEY - I think some will be found and some will be raised. It's going to be a bust few weeks.

Were we interested in Elm over the summer Nicko? Do his club want what they paid for him or are they after a profit?

Those two would be great, hopefully we can shift some of the rubbish out as well...

Honestly I think we can get rid of:

Diouf, MGP, Andrews, Roberts, Zurab with out hurting us very much.

We have decent replacements in Jones, Olsson, Judge, Treacy, Doran, Hoilett, N'Zonzi, Kalinic alomst ready.

Therefore by signing Elm and Ibricic we will have better a better first XI, but we will still have some decent depth in our squad.

Honestly I think we can get rid of:

Diouf, MGP, Andrews, Roberts, Zurab with out hurting us very much.

We have decent replacements in Jones, Olsson, Judge, Treacy, Doran, Hoilett, N'Zonzi, Kalinic alomst ready.

Therefore by signing Elm and Ibricic we will have better a better first XI, but we will still have some decent depth in our squad.

I agree with you there. We wouldn't miss any of those, perhaps Roberts could be retained as a sub but he thinks he is better than that...

There is no doubt that all concerned know that the quality has to be improved and one or two changed.

Keep you posted when and if...

Cheers as always.

Ibricic looks quite good if I remember he gave Rovers something to think about. I think I'll be watching the Portugal game this weekend.

I love the way you say some will be found?? Has JW been secretly stashing money down the sofa? Where we in one of those lotto winning syndicates? Or has Sam managed to milk our Jersey cow? The mind boggles.

Bust or Busy?! :lol:

New players or some of the below??? Either is welcome at Ewood IMO.

busty_police.jpg

Were we interested in Elm over the summer Nicko? Do his club want what they paid for him or are they after a profit?

Those two would be great, hopefully we can shift some of the rubbish out as well...

Rovers were not after Elm in the summer. AZ paid £4 million for him. Rovers hoped they could sneak him out for less, but it may even take more.

If the player pushed for the move it could be cheaper. But he is a bit slow and laid-back when it comes to these things.

Cheers as always.

Ibricic looks quite good if I remember he gave Rovers something to think about. I think I'll be watching the Portugal game this weekend.

I love the way you say some will be found?? Has JW been secretly stashing money down the sofa? Where we in one of those lotto winning syndicates? Or has Sam managed to milk our Jersey cow? The mind boggles.

busty_police.jpg

Those are big boobs. If we could be bring Ibricic and Elm in, in January that would really add to the quality of the squad. They are young, exciting players who would add some much needed creativity and pace to the team. AZ are in huge financial trouble after the bank that owns them collapsed, so they could well be looking to let players go. If that's the case, Stijn Schaars would be a good player of theirs to have as well. The likes of Pedersen, Zurab, Andrews and Diouf could all be dispensed with in my opinion and I'm sure we could get close to £8 million for them. I remember Diouf talking on the Sky Sports website a few weeks ago and saying that he may move on in January. Fine by me! The size of the squad has been a problem and we know that the club were looking to reduce the size of the wage bill in the summer. Pedersen and Diouf would be on big money I'm sure and Zurab and Andrews would be earning close to £20,000 each I'd say. If Grella and Reid stay fit, then Andrews won't be missed. Even though I like Zurab and think that he's never let us down, he is fourth choice and deserves to be playing regularly. In Phil Jones, we have a promising youngster who can come in and do a job if needs be.

Rovers were not after Elm in the summer. AZ paid £4 million for him. Rovers hoped they could sneak him out for less, but it may even take more.

If the player pushed for the move it could be cheaper. But he is a bit slow and laid-back when it comes to these things.

How much would Ibricevic cost? Don't want to get carried away as I don't think Elm will be coming, even if he was available for £4 million - where are we going to find that kind of money?

How much would Ibricevic cost? Don't want to get carried away as I don't think Elm will be coming, even if he was available for £4 million - where are we going to find that kind of money?

Ibricic would cost £4 million according to Nicko's article, which sounds about right for a promising player in a smaller European league. The £8 million to buy both of them would have to come from the sale of players, like Pedersen, Andrews, Zurab, Diouf, Judge and Treacy.

Julie to sign for Woy Fulham would be nice (if a little unbelievable) if it happened now.

I'd imagine that the usual rules will apply.... 1 out for every 1 in.

I'm not entirely sure that the one out one in policy will be sufficient. After all the player's of the quality we are after are not going to be available for peanuts, and I'm not sure we'd even get peanuts for the likes of Andrews & Peds (in current form). The only player who we could get a decent amount for is Benni, and I really think that loosing him would be a significant loss to the team.

Cheers as always.

busty_police.jpg

It'll never happen. We all know Sam doesn't like 2 upfront :D

Was there a clause in Bentleys contract around the amount of games played? Im sure I remember we were due a further £2m, if he played 1 more league game - which he finally managed the other week.......could be wrong but I seem to recall it!?!? :unsure:

Ibricic would cost £3.3m and the other lad £4m.

So we have to find £7.3m - or maybe not all of that if we can reduce the allocated wage bill!? :wacko:

Pedersen...Andrews....Zurab....Brown - if we shifted them 4 then id expect our wage bill to be £100k lighter - surely the above 2 players would only command around half of that between them....therefore saving us about £50k a week/ £2.6m a year.....we have already been saving bits of cash by sending youngsters on month loans (Haworth, Fielding, Flynn etc) and also by sending Zurab out for 3 months.

At best I reckon we would get:

Pedersen 1 million - contract nearly expired but he has a great reputation outside of the club.

Andrews - 2 million - on paper he's worth a fair bit - international, played regularly for us - let's hope they don't send scouts.

Zurab - 2 million - hard to guage this one. On one hand he's playing championship football and hasn't really featured for us recently, on the other hand he's an international, looked comfortable when playing for us, and brum brought a couple of championship centre halves for stupid money.

Brown - 500k if we are lucky. guess he's done ok with us when he has played. not done much to warrent a fee, but not done anything to damage a fee either.

That gives us 5.5 million, which as Hughsey says plus savings on wages could make it possible. (Although factor in signing on fees, agent fees and the like and we could need to loose another player.) My only concern is that we could be a bit light on numbers. And if Andrews AND Pedersen goes - who will be our hate figure in the team?

I'm not entirely sure that the one out one in policy will be sufficient. After all the player's of the quality we are after are not going to be available for peanuts, and I'm not sure we'd even get peanuts for the likes of Andrews & Peds (in current form). The only player who we could get a decent amount for is Benni, and I really think that loosing him would be a significant loss to the team.

Samba is probably our most saleable asset at the moment. A young, proven premier league defender with time on his side to become even better. Also he seems to be back to his best on evidence of the last couple of games. I hope we don't sell him, but if Sam wants to raise some serious cash then he may be looking at offloading Samba.

Happy to see us linked with players like Elm and Ibricic, young decent players with a resale value. The resale value factor should be a huge part of any player targeting when you consider our current spending power.

However deep down I just can’t see us finding the money to get either of those players.

Archived