BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ibricic, Elm and Meriem to replace Andrews, Mgp and Diouf. To prospur and move forward, the club and JW need to make money available to Sam. However, this is unlikely to happen and we will just be trying to get a bargain here and there. No problem with that, but the squad needs a fresh overhaul

People need to realise that we'd probably have to raise at least double the quoted £8 million that it would cost for these two guys for us to stand a chance of affording them. We sold Santa Cruz for around 17 million and his replacement cost 6 million, so you can see the budget's that we're working with. Maybe one of these guys could be signed at a push - if the likes of MGP move on, but the thought of signing both is pie in the sky talk.

On the whole, I agree with people on here about the likely low prices for some of our players.

But it still bugs me when you see the prices that very average players are transferred these days.

When we talk about buying we say £5M will buy us an average or 'gamble' type of player. (£6M for Kalinic for example). Yet when we talk about selling we are always saying £1M - £3M max.

We always argue that player prices are highly inflated these days. Let's inflate our prices for a change. Maybe it's time to start talking our players up when the office or bar banter goes on and reset expectation levels for other clubs.

You can't inflate the prices of players you're trying to push out of the door.

Unless I am mistaken the main problem is the wage bill not spending cash on players.

If we can get rid of MGP (£40K), Reid (£30K), Andrews (£15K), EHD (£40K) that is surely enough cash saved on wages to purchase a number of new players?

People need to realise that we'd probably have to raise at least double the quoted £8 million that it would cost for these two guys for us to stand a chance of affording them. We sold Santa Cruz for around 17 million and his replacement cost 6 million, so you can see the budget's that we're working with. Maybe one of these guys could be signed at a push - if the likes of MGP move on, but the thought of signing both is pie in the sky talk.

I'm hopeful that its only last summer that our transfer fees will be raided. We had some serious expenses last season and hopefully won't have those again so I would assume its business as normal at Rovers?? We may still need to reduce the wage bill, but RSC and the rest should surely have paid off our unexpected debts and so we can go back to spending what we make?

I'm hopeful that its only last summer that our transfer fees will be raided.

Remember we sold bentley the season before and never replaced him either

We had some serious expenses last season

If you are talking about management changes then we were probably just on the + postive in terms of cash. Hughes and his team going the city was worth around 4-5 million in compo. Rovers paid £500k to get Ince then around 1.5 million to get rid. sam was unattched

and hopefully won't have those again so I would assume its business as normal at Rovers?? We may still need to reduce the wage bill, but RSC and the rest should surely have paid off our unexpected debts and so we can go back to spending what we make?

I rather think the above is wishful thinking. Rovers over the past 5 seasons have a postive balance of around 20 million, but we are told that this has been used elsewhere

I see we have been linked to Reo Coker:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/108321/-5m-race-is-on-to-end-Reo-agony-/

Not a great fan of his, but he would probably strengthen our poor midfield.

£5 million price tag and again i'm struggling to see where the money would come from to buy him or any of the other players we have been linked to.

People need to realise that we'd probably have to raise at least double the quoted £8 million that it would cost for these two guys for us to stand a chance of affording them. We sold Santa Cruz for around 17 million and his replacement cost 6 million

That's because we were plugging holes in the budget from last season. We did all that in the summer, I'm pretty sure Sam can spend whatever he makes in January.

I'm hopeful that its only last summer that our transfer fees will be raided.

Remember we sold bentley the season before and never replaced him either

We had some serious expenses last season

If you are talking about management changes then we were probably just on the + postive in terms of cash. Hughes and his team going the city was worth around 4-5 million in compo. Rovers paid £500k to get Ince then around 1.5 million to get rid. sam was unattched

and hopefully won't have those again so I would assume its business as normal at Rovers?? We may still need to reduce the wage bill, but RSC and the rest should surely have paid off our unexpected debts and so we can go back to spending what we make?

I rather think the above is wishful thinking. Rovers over the past 5 seasons have a postive balance of around 20 million, but we are told that this has been used elsewhere

I thought all the ins and outs of players and managers sunk us an extra £7 million in the red last season. Givet and Diouf were extra's (not budgeted for) so the money had to be paid back and this summer it was.

The Compo we got for Hughes will have been spent in that summer as well, we also gave RSC a new contract seriously boosting his salary. Basically that money was spent before the season started and sacking Ince was not part of the plan.

Can somebody explain something to me, as im very unclear about this. If Hughes left the club on his own, and not sacked then why do we need to pay him compensation. I was under the impression that only if you dismissed, are you entitled to any sort of compensation. Ince was sacked, so fair enough his contract needs to be paid out, but why Hughes and his backroom team?

Just cant see how this Camel Meriem could possibly work out if he heasnt been playing for six months. Obviously nobody in France rated him to take him on and with only 4 French caps obviously France didnt rate him either. Seems like desperate Sam for this one.

Can somebody explain something to me, as im very unclear about this. If Hughes left the club on his own, and not sacked then why do we need to pay him compensation. I was under the impression that only if you dismissed, are you entitled to any sort of compensation. Ince was sacked, so fair enough his contract needs to be paid out, but why Hughes and his backroom team?

We didn't pay them anything as far as I'm aware, Man City paid us for them. I can't find anywhere that says we had to pay them compo?

We didn't pay them anything as far as I'm aware, Man City paid us for them. I can't find anywhere that says we had to pay them compo?

I read that we had paid them, i think somebody on here mentioned it.

Just cant see how this Camel Meriem could possibly work out if he heasnt been playing for six months. Obviously nobody in France rated him to take him on and with only 4 French caps obviously France didnt rate him either. Seems like desperate Sam for this one.

When you are shopping in the bargain basement, you have to look at all options, and sometimes take a risk. Sam says he likes to resurrect careers, so it could be a case of that.

Have to admit, don't know much about Meriem, can anyone provide further info? Seems like this transfer could happen.

I thought all the ins and outs of players and managers sunk us an extra £7 million in the red last season. Givet and Diouf were extra's (not budgeted for) so the money had to be paid back and this summer it was.

The Compo we got for Hughes will have been spent in that summer as well, we also gave RSC a new contract seriously boosting his salary. Basically that money was spent before the season started and sacking Ince was not part of the plan.

No-one can disput that Rovers have spent what they have recieved on players-it has "apparanly" been used on the overdraft.

To my knowledge we raised over 15 million in sales of Players

4 million raised from Hughes & his team leaving for city

10-12 million outlaid on players- inc loans

2-3 million on getting Ince and then his compo.

Givet was purchased this summer- To my reckoning Rovers would of made a small profit in terms of player/manager trading last summer.

If thats the case then Salgado has definitely GOT TO GO along with Diouf.

That was last season- they tried to clip it by £3m this season but I think might still be a bit high despite Zura going out on loan. The Warnock fee in part went to offset the over-run on wages.

Re the first sentence, Nicko said he was in some sort of dispute with Monaco which meant he hadn't been picked up.

The second sentence is just ridiculous. Perhaps Matt Le Tissier was ######, he only got one cap for England didn't he? Chris Sutton too.

Meriem might not pass the trial but trust you to be starting on him before you know anything about him. You are up there with Waggy for that kind of thing, I think you are actually worse...

Archived