BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Does Capello Not Like Rovers For One Reason Or Another?

Mr. E

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't really odds who Capello picks, we're going like a house on fire at the moment.

David "Duck" Dunn - playing very well, but not one for the future any more and doesn't have a consistent track record. perhaps an outside bet.

Paul Robinson - just not bloody good enough. Inferior 'keepers may be picked before him, but they might develop further. Robinson has been around for ages and makes too many errors still. I don't rate his chances.

warnock - hardly going to force his way in aheead of Cole and Bridge, he might play the odd friendly, but I don't see that as evidence of bias. He wasn't playing regularly until he came to us.

You can't really odds who Capello picks, we're going like a house on fire at the moment.

David "Duck" Dunn - playing very well, but not one for the future any more and doesn't have a consistent track record. perhaps an outside bet.

Paul Robinson - just not bloody good enough. Inferior 'keepers may be picked before him, but they might develop further. Robinson has been around for ages and makes too many errors still. I don't rate his chances.

warnock - hardly going to force his way in aheead of Cole and Bridge, he might play the odd friendly, but I don't see that as evidence of bias. He wasn't playing regularly until he came to us.

I've said for some time now that Warnock's a good way in front of Bridge in my estimation.

We've been blessed for many a year in the goalkeeping department, but Robinson is the worst I can recall of the Jack Walker era.

Leave orf. John Filan was average at best, Alan Fettis worse than average.

Robinson is very good and is young enough to improve. Goalkeepers peak in their mid-30s.

Seconded. I remember him having some blinders, although a lot of them were in a relegation year. First PL goalie to save a Frank Leboeuf penalty too, if I'm not mistaken.

And I remember him making a series of awful gaffes. He was also a very nervous goalkeeper who never seemed to believe his luck at being given the chance to play at the top level.

Quality player alright, but only compared to a Sunday league keeper.

And I remember him making a series of awful gaffes. He was also a very nervous goalkeeper who never seemed to believe his luck at being given the chance to play at the top level.

Quality player alright, but only compared to a Sunday league keeper.

Is this you being provocative yet again, or have you really lost your marbles this time?

Is this you being provocative yet again, or have you really lost your marbles this time?

Neither. Just happen to know my football having watched many Rovers matches over the past 60 plus years.

[Removed - No need to insult]

Very strange.

No, very simple. None of our players are good enough. Bentley and Warnock both had chances while at Rovers. Capello is doing a great job at present plus we don't have to listen to all the usual managerial rubbish from English coaches so it's difficult to argue with his selections.

[removed - keep on topic and play nicely]

Returning to the Capello debate, players from clubs like Rovers won't ever be treated equally with those at the other clubs and, to be honest, we don't really want our players picked by England because to judge from past experience they leave us soon afterwards for a so-called bigger club.

It's not a fair world when ManU reserves and ageing has-beens are selected ahead of the Robinson but it's something Rovers as a club has to live with.

Interesting team developing with all the injuries. I would probably go for:

-------------Defoe-----Rooney

---Young---Barry-----Carrick----Wright Phillips

Warnock--Upson-----Terry------Brown

-------------------Green

Brazil are going to hump us! Strikers and midfield are okay, but the defence looks like an utter shambles.

Brazil are going to hump us! Strikers and midfield are okay, but the defence looks like an utter shambles.

Even more so now that Terry is out! It'll either be Lescott or Cahill alongside Upson.

I think Crouch, Bridge and Milner will probably start instead of Defoe, Warnock and Young as well.

Archived