• Left For Dead 2
    • Dragon Age: Origins
    • Infamous
    • Socom: Confrontation
    • Scribblenauts
    • Fallout 3 (Game Of The Year Edition)
    • New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Guest Kamy100

That time of the year again when we pick the game of the year. This year has been a good year for gamers with so many great games being released and finally developers getting to grips with the "next gen consoles".

For me this was a three way fight, and for once all three of my contenders did not include a sports title, they are Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2 and Batman Arkhum Asylum. In the end I have voted for Uncharted 2 which just pips Arkhum Asylum as my game of the year, Uncharted got my vote because of it's sheer brilliance, I can't ever remember playing a game which got nigh on everything (Gameplay, Presentation, Storyline and Music) right.

If I have missed out any game please let me know and I will add it to the poll.

Three way battle for me as well. I haven't sampled the apparent delights of Uncharted 2 so I can't comment, but for me it's come down to Fifa 10, MW2 and Forza 3.

Part of me wanted to choose Forza 3 as it's totally evident how much effort has gone in to making this the ultimate driving sim - a labour of love if ever I saw one. Unfortunately it comes up a little short for a couple of very minor reasons (load times, online accessibility (am I the only one who struggles to find a full race?).

That leaves MW2 and Fifa. MW2 is a great, great game - however, when it comes down to brass tacks is it really massively different to the previous titles? However, I've not really played it much and already the game has given me more than one "wow" moment so it's a realy tough one to call.

I have gone for Fifa. The reason being I look back just a couple of years and see how far it has come. EA have listened to what people want and delivered what for me is the ultimate football game and has left my previous favourite series, Evo, flapping around in a cloud of dust.

Yes, FIFA, just....

This thread may have come a month to early for me as I have yet to play Assassins Creed 2 (which sounds excellent) and Modern Warefare 2 and don't get me started about Karaoke Revolution (joke) however, I have still jumped in and voted for Unchartered 2 because I absolutely loved the thing and do not think it can be bettered. The story and gameplay just blew me away and from start to finish I wasn't disappointed (well, maybe a little with the last boss battle) - so that is the big winner for me. It just shows if the makers concentrate on one platform they can make a great game.

I would also like to take this chance to comment on a couple more that nearly got my tick:-

Infamous -

A much overlooked game but another which kept me entertained from start to finish. Graphically it sometimes came across like a PS2 game but I didn't care because the gameplay was great - its what games should be about - enjoyment.

Killzone 2 -

Sod Cod 4 (sorry I didn't mean that don't tell it please) this is my FPS of choice. With its intelligent AI and cover system it makes it my all time favourite FPS - Yep sorry Doom

Batman -

Boom, this thing came out of no where to deliver the best Superhero game since Spiderman. They managed to capture everything a Batman fan would want and stick it in a game. I thought the one button hit system would be rubbish but as it turned out they worked it very well. I loved spooking the goons.

Guest Kamy100

Remember you don't have to vote just yet, the poll will be open until the end of the year (so people playing games like Assassins Creed 2 which aren't out yet can vote later on).

I have voted because I won't be buying anymore games this year and so am able to choose my GOTY.

Sorry but this poll needs to be started again once we've had a chance to play all the ones we expect to - I'm only a 1/3 way through MW2 and haven't played Assassin's Creed 2 as it's not even out. So far I'd have to say Uncharted 2 edges it over Killzone 2, but also really enjoyed Infamous too. Funny that these should all be PS3 exclusives.

Sorry but this poll needs to be started again once we've had a chance to play all the ones we expect to - I'm only a 1/3 way through MW2 and haven't played Assassin's Creed 2 as it's not even out.

Two points:-

1. Kamy has said that you don't have to vote yet

2. You have the option to delete your vote and pick something else

So given this I cant see the problem?

Looking at that list makes me think it's actually been quite a poor year for games. I liked Halo ODST and Battlefield 1943 but I don't think either would even be in my thoughts most other years.

The Ballad of Gay Tony is brilliant, but I suppose that doesn't count as it's just an expansion pack.

Street Fighter, I suppose. I spent ages modding a joystick to play that, so the anticipation was fun. Got a few hours of enjoyment out of it before I realised I was never going to be very good at it!

Socom:confrontation gets my vote..

okay so it wasnt the best made game, nor do alot of people like it but i love it. its different to all other shooters out there due to it being 3rd person, the community is great and this year it has kept my busy for 16 days (game time that is)

Socom:confrontation gets my vote..

okay so it wasnt the best made game, nor do alot of people like it but i love it. its different to all other shooters out there due to it being 3rd person, the community is great and this year it has kept my busy for 16 days (game time that is)

Was going to get it, but the reviews for it were shocking and i wasnt going to pay full whack for a game, might be worth buying now though.

Its uncharted 2 hands down for me

borderlands on 360. excellent all round and exceptional styling. i think this one is a slow burner and will grow over the months - think fallout 3 crossed with crackdown. value also as the game has plenty of replay value with splitcreen, 4-player co-op, different character type, vehicles and loads of different kick-ass weapons. bought this and mw2 on same day and am thinking that borderlands is probably the better buy. top intro scene / music as well.

Who on here has played through Assassin's Creed 2, as it's got 2 votes? Have they got access to a time machine? Ok nearly completed MW2 and it's a blast but, as polished as it looks, it's nowhere near the challenge as the excellent Killzone 2 - a real test of shooting skills. Yet despite my moans about it not being great in the hand to hand combat stakes, unless AC2 sways me I'm going for Uncharted 2.

Was going to get it, but the reviews for it were shocking and i wasnt going to pay full whack for a game, might be worth buying now though.

Its uncharted 2 hands down for me

full whack? it was only RRP £20, £35 if you got the headset with it

I changed my vote to Assassin's Creed 2, having been completely addicted to it for almost a week.

What a great game! Much as I enjoyed the original, this is in a completely different league.

GTA Renaissance - exploration, acrobatics, stealth, brutal combat, spectacular scenery, puzzles, as many side missions as you want...

If you haven't tried it and you like any of the above, I recommend you give it a go. It's extremely impressive.

Archived