• Street Fighter IV
    • Left For Dead 2
    • Dragon Age: Origins
    • Infamous
    • Socom: Confrontation
    • Scribblenauts
    • Fallout 3 (Game Of The Year Edition)
    • New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Isn't Fallout 3 last year? I know the Game of the Year Edition was this year so shouldn't the GTA compilation be included as well? As it is more and more common maybe next years poll should include an "Expansion Pack" category as well, The Ballad of Gay Tony was easily one of the highlights of the year with some of the best GTA missions ever, great story and characters and...PARACHUTES! Shame to overlook it.

I'll wait till I play Assassins Creed 2 but for now it's a hard choice between Forza, FIFA and Fallout (since we seem to consider it this year).

Forza - is technically the most polished game ever, I can't think of anything wrong with it, someone mentioned long load times - meh...brilliance is worth the wait. Can see my self playing this in a years time when other games in my pile have been traded in. This is from someone who knows nowt about cars and has a smidgeon of interest in motor racing.

FIFA - getting better every year and easily trounced PES this year, still bug ridden, some terrible likenesses (esp Rovers players) but Live Season is awesome and the Game Face idea works pretty well (when they finally got it working). Can't help but think EA won't pull out all the stops so they can shift more units every year by adding just enough tweaks and changes for people to 'upgrade'.

Fallout - immense game, best RPG since Oblivion, although a bit too similar at times.

Forza for now unless AC2 changes my mind.

Can't wait for next year - Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Splinter Cell, Dead Rising 2, Aliens, Naughty Bear (little known but might well be the surprise hit of the year) and for us Xbox'ers Project Natal.

Guest Kamy100

It just still in Uncharted 2 for me. AC2 had changed my mind, however the last 2 sequences just let it down, still a superb game but for me Uncharted 2 just pips it for GOY for me.

It just still in Uncharted 2 for me. AC2 had changed my mind, however the last 2 sequences just let it down, still a superb game but for me Uncharted 2 just pips it for GOY for me.

Same here. I am loving Assassins Creed but sometimes it can feel a little stop start when you finish a mission but the story in unchartered just flows nicely and draws you in.

It would be a crime if Unchartered came away without a prize this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

So here it is Uncharted 2 is officially the BRFCS.COM Game Of The Year, quite right to, a game that has won critical acclaim and voted GOTY by gaming websites such as Eurogamer, Gametrailers and 1UP. The gameplay is superb, the cut scenes are movie quality, great voice acting and a stellar storyline, this combined makes for a superb experience and the reason why it has won so many awards/acclaim.

Well done to Naughty Dog and thanks to everyone who voted.

Archived