BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Digs In /Around Croydon

any hidden gems? im going on a course in two weeks for all but 3 weeks and need digs.Im looking at about 40 pounds a night and googled/hotel.com/lastminute etc but the reasonable priced ones have awful reviews .so if anybody knows of somewhere ,even 5 miles away is no problem .id love ya foreva lol.

Yea central croydon

I come from the Guildford area originally.......Croydon was a dump 40 years ago and it ain't improved much. ABBEY let me know where you are going to be and I might be able to make a few suggestions

Im from the outskirts of South London myself Abbey, although not specifically from Croydon, I went to school around the corner in Wallington.

Generally amongst Londerners, there is a pretty negative feeling about Croydon. But to be honest, its really not that bad. During the day, you'll have no problem, decent shopping, enteratinment, plenty of pubs and bars etc. At night however, you should watch yourself. Again, Ive been out in croydon over a 100 times with friends growing up-but im always in a group-and thats always the best way to be in Croydon on a night out! There is a pub called 'the goose' which serves drinks at Northern prices-but has pretty average clientale lol as Im sure you can imagine.

East Croydon is great for getting into London, non stop to Clapham Junction in 7-8mins.

• 2 weeks later...

Croydon is nasty mate, I'm living in Reigate at the moment which is about ten fifteen minutes away on the train. What part of Croydon are you in, central?

Its actually not bad , not bad shopping centre,cheap ale £1.90 for carling,£2.70 for carsburg export in digs,just had big chinese buffet,wetherspoons last night BUT F ME THE LOCALS ARE MISERABLE.LOL.

• Backroom

How come you're in Croydon didn't think there were any training facilities down that way.

Least you'll get better food than on offer at Yarnfield.

• Backroom

Had a lovely Balti house last night, the cheeky buggers have put their prices up again though.

I used to eat far too much of it when I was single, I knew this because as soon as I spoke when I rang up they'd say 'The usual Tom?', that was time to cut back.

Can't beat the chicken tikka rolls though.

Its actually not bad , not bad shopping centre,cheap ale £1.90 for carling,£2.70 for carsburg export in digs,just had big chinese buffet,wetherspoons last night BUT F ME THE LOCALS ARE MISERABLE.LOL.

Glad your not finding it too bad. The locals are miserable thieving batards! Being dragged there myself tomorrow as the missus wants to go to Ikea :blink:

Archived