BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Deal For Samba

You called me out when I questioned it.

You mean chopping down Agbonlahor and leaving us with ten men, and getting himself needlessly sent off again against Stoke was Nelsen's fault? Please, you can't blame him for everything.

Ok

Yes both of those were his fault. I can also remember 2 from last weekends game alone where Nelsen was at fault!

My point anyway is that Samba is by far our best player & by far more important than some seem to realise. With Samba, Jones, Salgado & Givet we looked solid even against the big boys!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samba is our best player. He hasn´t been linked any clubs yet and nothing seems like he would like to go. He just signed a new deal but that means nothing, so did RSC and left. I think he will be the captain and the leader of defence next season. Jones by his side and Givet&Salgado on wings.

No pressure on young Jones then?

I think its asking a lot of the lad to be a first 11 player next season, I'd also wager that Nelsen would understandably be rather miffed. Samba and Givet for me in the middle with a new player coming in to take the left back slot, as by playing Salgado and givet there we are very susceptible to pace out wide and most teams in our league have that in their wingers, these days.

Why? He is by far our best defender & still young - last week we conceded 3 goals at home for the 1st time under Sam - guess who wasnt playing!! He would be a massive loss.

Samba in defence with say Shay Given behind him & alongside a defender who is good against the Torres Type would be almost impossible to get past - people SERIOUSLY under-estimate his worth to our team & I dont know why it is........

OUT INJURED tomorrow too!

He's be a massive loss to anyone!

Why? He is by far our best defender & still young - last week we conceded 3 goals at home for the 1st time under Sam - guess who wasnt playing!! He would be a massive loss.

We conceded 3 in the cup against Chelsea when Samba played ;)

We conceded 3 in the cup against Chelsea when Samba played ;)

We also conceded 3 against the same Everton side at the start of the year with Samba in it, although that was away you could argue they weren't on the run of form that they are now.

I think far too much was made of Nelsen's last performance, the first goal he made a poor tackle but was covering for Givet who was nowhere and the last goal (Could have been 2nd??) Jones got turned like a kipper and he had to try and close him down, unfortunately leaving his man free.

Most of his errors were covering other peoples.

Oh for the record I love Samba, but just trying to point out that it's easy to make too much of a couple of games.

Nelsen may not be quite as good as he was but he's still a pretty reliable defender and deserves a bit of a 'break', no pun intended, after coming off a bad knee injury which we thought may even keep him out of the WC at first.

Samba's fighting it out with Givet to be regarded as our best defender, but Nelsen and the emerging Jones are not too far behind. It's the one area we are looking very strong in, long may it continue.

Just make sure Jones is decent on the next FM.

I'll try my best but it'll be tough! He'll certainly be a lot better but perhaps not quite as good as I like, nobody predicted his massive rise (Not one prediction in the 'Player Most Likely To Step Up' question.) so FM wise he would need a huge raise which we usually have to make a strong case for and I'm not sue if after 10 games the head researchers will agree, after all were only little old Rovers. Work actually started on it today so funny you mentioned it. (A few mundane things have been added to do with manager and player achievements, hence my bad mood and stat quest earlier!!!)

Archived