BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers

Ben-2000

Question for Zulu. What's the signifigance of the quartered BWFC flag in red, yellow, green and blue with a blue cross? It was hanging from the left hand side of the upper tier of the opposite end to ours.

Not a clue. I'll see if I can find out though.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lad who ordered it wanted something different, he said the colours were something to do with the Bolton away kits over the years.

Well, that's plausible I suppose. He's captured most of the recent change kit colours. Like many clubs we've used most of the spectrum over the last few years. Still a few behind the Stretford Redsox though.

Our change kit was always red and white when I was a kid. Bloody long time ago.

Who cares? I'd only have bothered about that if we had lost!

Anyway EHD lives at Lostock so it's highly likely that he'd have got tickets for some mates / neighbours / relatives etc and if so he'd not be allowed or wise to get him in the Blackburn area.

You apparently live in Adlington so are all your mates over there BRFC fans? If you got them tickets where would they be located?

Stop stirring trs.

Me stirring? That's rich :lol:

Who cares? Obviously I do, fair enough if some think I'm being petty about this but the man is Bolton through and through and he will never be one of us in my mind. Petty rant over!

The bloke who started the Coyle chants was hardly a little chavvy kid by the way, he looked at least 40 and got it going in the beehive pre-match. Pretty much everyone was singing it too, apart from the youg asian lad in there.

There was a group near me singing it in the lower tier with 4 Asian lads not 6 feet away. It beggars belief!

Me stirring? That's rich :lol:

Who cares? Obviously I do, fair enough if some think I'm being petty about this but the man is Bolton through and through and he will never be one of us in my mind. Petty rant over!

Dunno if he is and I dunno if he isn't but I do know that but for a superb headed clearence off the line by McCann he'd have scored and we'd have done em 0-3.

But why should EHD have any special allegiance to us or Bolton (through and through ffs :rolleyes: ) anyway other than a professional relationship? He's from Senegal and speaks French as his first language and the first time he saw Brockhall was 10 months ago!

Paul, this page may hold the answer : click

The lad who ordered it wanted something different, he said the colours were something to do with the Bolton away kits over the years.

Well, that's plausible I suppose. He's captured most of the recent change kit colours. Like many clubs we've used most of the spectrum over the last few years. Still a few behind the Stretford Redsox though.

Our change kit was always red and white when I was a kid. Bloody long time ago.

Thanks. Sounds plausible. Great flag whatever the story

Don't get all this negative stuff about Doeuf. I thought he had a good game today. held the ball up well when he had to, very hard to get the ball off and got some good crosses over and nearly scored. All played well today and he was one of them. Not like he couldn't care less, tried his heart out in fact. Vast improvement on Pedersen which isn't difficult I admit. I guess, like Sam, some just don't like him.

How anyone can be "disappointed" with EHD I don't know! He is a thoroughbred tit and you should expect him to act like one. He was alright in the 2 half yesterday but I hope he pisses off when January comes...

Diouf was great in the second half yesterday. I rather him in my team at the moment then that blonde tart MGP!!

Hey, people. Back from hiatus!

Great to see we beat the Notlob! But considering the census' low opinion of Diouf, I don't know why people are surprised he was flirting with the Bolton fans. So long as it doesn't affect his performance, I couldn't give a monkeys!

:rover: after watching the 1st 30 minutes my mate started rolling a fag,and said i'm going for a smoke this is dreadful,by the time he had rolled it we were 1 up,why we go down the route of hoofball is beyond me because when we play football we look a good side,from dunnys goal bolton were never in the game.it's about time we got rid of the long ball relaying on robbo to boot the ball into the ares is so anti - football,we even had aplayer fouled in boltons half,and he took the free kick from our own half.against teams like lotnob and pompey,we need to play football :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Well pleased with the result. I thought we dominated which is great, and largely the performance was as good as anything we have produced in the last few years.

Dunn, Emerton, Di Santo were all tremendous. Chimbonda, Nzonzi, Diouf, Samba, Nelsen, Robinson were all very good. A little disappointed with Roberts.

Great for confidence going forward. I am at Fulham on Weds so really looking forward to us playing an attacking game.

Some concerns:-

1) We could have conceded three easily. Although we dominated possession and deserved to win Bolton still created a lot of decent chances. We were lucky they did not get at least one.

2) Di Santo is not only a good player in his own right but the way he plays brings the best out of his forward partner and also the attacking midfielders. He drags the defence all over the place and holds up the ball superbly. How are we going to replace him? There is an argument that we just ask Chelsea what the price is and consider throwing the money at it. Barring a long term injury he will be worth more than whatever we pay in two years. Still an element of a gamble though. And Chelsea may realistically expect to use him next season (I doubt this personally. He is fantastic for us, but hardly the next Drogba).

3) Bolton's midifield was utterly dire so they rarely exploited how thin we looked across the middle. A better midfield side (such as Fulham) may be able to exploit our weaknesses there.

Well done Sam. He looks to have crafted together a very good team.

So you're endorsing "hoofball" against most other teams in the Premier League then? :rolleyes:

:rover: sorry :wacko: no i hate hoofball,we went to arsenal and gave them a game,some of the football was direct,but dunny was on great form and with a better ref we might have seen a better result.playing one up front leaves you little option to play direct/percentage football and the sooner lardarse realises that the better.yesterday after we scored we played some good football,but what would have happened if lotnob had scored 1st.we would have had our playmaker,robbo bombarding the bolton area :brfc:

Some concerns:-

1) We could have conceded three easily. Although we dominated possession and deserved to win Bolton still created a lot of decent chances. We were lucky they did not get at least one.

That's because out of a midfield of four, only one of them can be relied on to defend. None of Dunn, Diouff or Emerton find defending natural.

Well I'm here. Thanks for your concern.I would have visited the board win lose or draw. Frankly I am concerned about us now. Two atrocious performances, away to Villa and home to you and it's looking like a long hard winter. Megson has always had a tenuous grip on his position as manager and I can see him struggling to sort out the problems in the heads of, what is on paper, an adequate squad of players. Not sure who we would replace him with though.

We got what we deserved out of yesterday's game - and so did you. Good to see that most of you are not getting too carried away about your performance. You'll not get many easier rides this season. You will be on the fringes of the relegation battle without really being sucked into it. We've got a big battle on our hands. It starts today, if the Ginger Mourinho is up to it.

Still my team though - and I'm proud to be a Bolton fan.

I think we will be more than comfortable this season Zulu, but you guys?? Lose Megson now - he is doing nothing to help you avoid the bottom of the table scrap.

If Shearer is considering the Blades job, then I would be tempting him with a bash at yours if I were Gartside.

Poor poor atmosphere from your fans too - is that symptematic of the Megson effect?

I think we will be more than comfortable this season Zulu, but you guys?? Lose Megson now - he is doing nothing to help you avoid the bottom of the table scrap.

If Shearer is considering the Blades job, then I would be tempting him with a bash at yours if I were Gartside.

Poor poor atmosphere from your fans too - is that symptematic of the Megson effect?

You mean the same Shearer whose managerial CV reads RELEGATION.

That's because out of a midfield of four, only one of them can be relied on to defend. None of Dunn, Diouff or Emerton find defending natural.

Personally I woud say Emerton is very competant defensively for a wide player. Agree about Diouf and Dunn though. I am genuinely interested to see if Allardyce (or should that be MacDonald?) changes it on Weds. I am unsure realistically against a side like Fulham we can play the same way. Maybe Grella in the middle and shift Dunn out wide? Could relegate David to a bit part though...

You mean the same Shearer whose managerial CV reads RELEGATION.

I asked a Bolton fan if Megson was to walk who would he like in charge? He replied saying "Southgate" wait for it....... "or McClaren maybe" he also went on to say he doesn't think it's the manager it's the players and the fans.

Another fan I spoke to at work had a different opinion, a feeling of being shat on by the club, he said they have one of the lowest wage bills in the league and they lie about where the money is going, the faith was probably lost when Big Sam left, the real reason? Again the fans were left in the dark.

How rich are the Warburton family? They should take some responsibility, no ambition, unwilling to pump any money into the club, they must be one of the richest families in this country, knowing some of the fans I do have a slight bit of pity for them, I know they probably wouldn't feel the same if it was the other way around but oh well.

Bert mk II - the right back - was definitely better than Bert mk I - the "winger".

He knows how to defend, is by far the best athlete in the team, and probably the only player we have with any significant pace.

Bert mk III Rules!

Lets take a look at what some of our minority morons were up to yesterday that really annoyed me.

I sat on row x, toward the back of the lower tier central. A poor old guy sat in front had to suffer the ridicule of a young moron who thought it funny by whistling down his ear whilst standing in the aisle, he didnt have a seat so thought he was above being asked to move. When confronted by the old man he did it again until confronted by supporters and dragged down the aisle. He was then joined by moron 2, no older than 17 with ginger hair who thought he was the hardman supporter who took umbrage at his oppo being confronted, he didnt last in his questions as he ran off back to his seat. The four or five other morons with them clearly didnt fancy it as all moved off down to the front shouting off their £2 an hour song.

Underneath the stand we had the morons singing the owen Coyle shags P song. when asked how stupid they sounded none could give me a decent answer and looked to each other for comfort. I pointed out that they were just idiots before they mumbled their aplogies and wandered off to find the missing morons.

back in the stand, we had a young lad, clearly associated with ginger moron number 2 who thought it appropriate to continually shout F OFF directly in front of an 8yr old girl despite being asked to stop.

On the train station at Horwich after the game, one of the morons clearly failed to realise that as he had gotten onto the train on the Bolton side that the opposite platform was full of Rovers going back to Preston. The abuse he was shouting at us was comical before someone made him realise that we were the same supporters.

These are the minority MORONS we have somehow attracted to our club. Rovers have a reputation of being great football supporters, we have the least arrests throughout the Premier League and are welcomed wherever we go.

The Morons are dragging us down and I would urge any Rovers fans to have the bottle to confront them, as I did, when they create nuisances. It happened in Europe and now it follows us around the away games. it wont be long before these scum bags lower our name at Ewood.

Back to the game, seriously bad hangover this morning but well worth it. Even the wife and daughter realise just how bad Bolton are, not that I rubbed it in. The large English today went down well and steadied the day for me.

very nice to meet Aggy Blue in person.

Bring on Fulham

Archived