BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers

Ben-2000

Well pleased with the result. I thought we dominated which is great, and largely the performance was as good as anything we have produced in the last few years.

Dunn, Emerton, Di Santo were all tremendous. Chimbonda, Nzonzi, Diouf, Samba, Nelsen, Robinson were all very good. A little disappointed with Roberts.

Great for confidence going forward. I am at Fulham on Weds so really looking forward to us playing an attacking game.

Some concerns:-

1) We could have conceded three easily. Although we dominated possession and deserved to win Bolton still created a lot of decent chances. We were lucky they did not get at least one.

2) Di Santo is not only a good player in his own right but the way he plays brings the best out of his forward partner and also the attacking midfielders. He drags the defence all over the place and holds up the ball superbly. How are we going to replace him? There is an argument that we just ask Chelsea what the price is and consider throwing the money at it. Barring a long term injury he will be worth more than whatever we pay in two years. Still an element of a gamble though. And Chelsea may realistically expect to use him next season (I doubt this personally. He is fantastic for us, but hardly the next Drogba).

3) Bolton's midifield was utterly dire so they rarely exploited how thin we looked across the middle. A better midfield side (such as Fulham) may be able to exploit our weaknesses there.

Well done Sam. He looks to have crafted together a very good team.

We have to be grateful to Bolton for their weak midfield.

Watching the highlights again when Jacobsen cleared off the line, both Nelsen and Samba missed the ball completely allowing the Bolton striker a free shot on goal - worrying as it seemed a routine direct punt up into the box.

Fulham will be a different proposition on wednesday.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets take a look at what some of our minority morons were up to yesterday that really annoyed me.

I sat on row x, toward the back of the lower tier central. A poor old guy sat in front had to suffer the ridicule of a young moron who thought it funny by whistling down his ear whilst standing in the aisle, he didnt have a seat so thought he was above being asked to move. When confronted by the old man he did it again until confronted by supporters and dragged down the aisle. He was then joined by moron 2, no older than 17 with ginger hair who thought he was the hardman supporter who took umbrage at his oppo being confronted, he didnt last in his questions as he ran off back to his seat. The four or five other morons with them clearly didnt fancy it as all moved off down to the front shouting off their £2 an hour song.

Underneath the stand we had the morons singing the owen Coyle shags P song. when asked how stupid they sounded none could give me a decent answer and looked to each other for comfort. I pointed out that they were just idiots before they mumbled their aplogies and wandered off to find the missing morons.

back in the stand, we had a young lad, clearly associated with ginger moron number 2 who thought it appropriate to continually shout F OFF directly in front of an 8yr old girl despite being asked to stop.

On the train station at Horwich after the game, one of the morons clearly failed to realise that as he had gotten onto the train on the Bolton side that the opposite platform was full of Rovers going back to Preston. The abuse he was shouting at us was comical before someone made him realise that we were the same supporters.

These are the minority MORONS we have somehow attracted to our club. Rovers have a reputation of being great football supporters, we have the least arrests throughout the Premier League and are welcomed wherever we go.

The Morons are dragging us down and I would urge any Rovers fans to have the bottle to confront them, as I did, when they create nuisances. It happened in Europe and now it follows us around the away games. it wont be long before these scum bags lower our name at Ewood.

Back to the game, seriously bad hangover this morning but well worth it. Even the wife and daughter realise just how bad Bolton are, not that I rubbed it in. The large English today went down well and steadied the day for me.

very nice to meet Aggy Blue in person.

Bring on Fulham

Scumbag and morons for trying to engage in football banter? I think you are watching the wrong sport. Maybe you should take up knitting, or something as boring. If someone confronted me for singing; they would get told where to go.

Watching the highlights again when Jacobsen cleared off the line, both Nelsen and Samba missed the ball completely allowing the Bolton striker a free shot on goal - worrying as it seemed a routine direct punt up into the box.

Excellent work by Jacobsen but imo it was going wide.... not that that should detract from the original mistakes.

If someone confronted me for singing; they would get told where to go.

Join a choir then.

Fulham will be a different proposition on wednesday.

I am not surprised - they must have been kn***ered after the battering that Davies gave them. Like him or loathe him - I thought he led the line really well for a poor Bolton side. Maybe Roberts needs to have a word with him - as I can't understand how Roberts gets so many free kicks against him, and yet Davies not only gets away with murder, but also seems to get the benefit of the doubt for most free kicks. After watching Davies closely - I can understand why Sam rates him so highly - a very different player to the one we had at Rovers.

After watching Davies closely - I can understand why Sam rates him so highly - a very different player to the one we had at Rovers.

You'll get criticised for that DMTP! Two years ago I suggested he was good enough for England (and last season that Man Utd should have bought him instead of Berbatov) and I got scoffed at. Truth is he is better and more of a handfull than Crouch and would be really dangerous if he spent 90 mins knocking centre halves around and laying balls off for the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Cole and Lampard rather than his teammates at Bolton.

Maybe if Allardyce had got the England job instead of Wally I imagine he'd have got his chance.

Jim

Heading N on the M61, exit at Horwich and take 1st exit (away from the Reebok).

At the next roundabout take 1st exit (south).

Next left takes you down a lane and over the M61 towards the Reebok.

Approaching the Reebok the lane becomes an industrial area with plenty of on street parking.

5 mins walk to the ground.

After the match retrace your route.

Parking on the Reebok car parks is a nightmare - coaches are given priority - took me 30 mins to get off the only time I tried it.

Excellent parking tip - worked perfectly thank you.

Great day had by all but where were the missing thousands? A Lancashire derby ought to be a full house.

Excellent parking tip - worked perfectly thank you.

Agred this worked very well especially as we got stuck in traffic coming through Blackrod (I'd been to Southport first!) and used the route to get to the ground very quickly from the top of Chorley Road near junction 6 . Thanks

Great day had by all but where were the missing thousands? A Lancashire derby ought to be a full house.

It's not a Lancashire Derby

Bolton - Metropolitan County - Greater Manchester

Blackburn - Ceremonial County - Lancashire ;)

It's not a Lancashire Derby

Bolton - Metropolitan County - Greater Manchester

Blackburn - Ceremonial County - Lancashire ;)

That's fair enough, but it is a historical Lancashire derby and is only 19 miles between the grounds. Bolton fans including the one I try to work with do see themselves as Lancastrians.

I thought our home tie last season was a good gate at 25,777 for a midweek game.

Guest andrewpickup

he was blowing kisses and bowing to them at corners too.

only to wind them up

re the morons, they are just thick children who will learn in time, away support is supposed to be unity , not the drunken hardman contest that is sometimes on display. your best bet is to travel to chelsea and west ham etc, which wont be affordable with their step dads giro. Ive done my fair share of standing up to them as its crept in over the years but we shouldnt have to, we are supposed to be together.

re the flags, how come the korean lad gets his own big poster?

re the parking, near the bromilow arms was good, , quick escape, good pub too

Bolton fans including the one I try to work with do see themselves as Lancastrians.

Of course they do. Everton v Man City and Man Utd v Liverpool are also Lancashire derbies.

And Warrington, Widnes and Barrow are also in Lancashire, no matter what the boundary commission says.

Of course they do. Everton v Man City and Man Utd v Liverpool are also Lancashire derbies.

And Warrington, Widnes and Barrow are also in Lancashire, no matter what the boundary commission says.

Next you'll be telling us that the sun still doesn't set on the British Empire! :rolleyes:

Next you'll be telling us that the sun still doesn't set on the British Empire! rolleyes.gif

Greater Manchester County Cricket Club doesn't quite work though?

Modern Lancashire is surely just an administrative area? Just extending this a bit, and we may as well go off topic as Fulham are next, would Liverpudlians and Mancunians have thought of themselves as being from Lancashire first and foremost and their respective cities second (prior to 1974 that is)? I doubt it but I haven't lived here long enough to know the answer.

Greater Manchester County Cricket Club doesn't quite work though?

Modern Lancashire is surely just an administrative area? Just extending this a bit, and we may as well go off topic as Fulham are next, would Liverpudlians and Mancunians have thought of themselves as being from Lancashire first and foremost and their respective cities second (prior to 1974 that is)? I doubt it but I haven't lived here long enough to know the answer.

Most of my older friends from manchester count themselves as Lancastrians. But when asked were there from would always say Manchester rather than Lancashire but that is probably because most people know where Manchester is were as southerners dont know where Blackburn is. I usually tell the southerners I'm from just north of Manchester lol.

Don't know any old scousers

Back to topic great win Sunday lets hope we can beat Fulham now and get above the Dingles.

Most of my older friends from manchester count themselves as Lancastrians. But when asked were there from would always say Manchester rather than Lancashire but that is probably because most people know where Manchester is were as southerners dont know where Blackburn is. I usually tell the southerners I'm from just north of Manchester lol.

Don't know any old scousers

Back to topic great win Sunday lets hope we can beat Fulham now and get above the Dingles.

Went to Egypt last spring and had the most success / response from the locals by saying that we were lived near Wigan!

Went to Egypt last spring and had the most success / response from the locals by saying that we were lived near Wigan!

I went egypt and none of em had heard of blackburn.

And to every englishman they just ask do you support man utd :mellow:

Thats all they know.

I was in Egypt in the summer and lots of the locals knew of the Rovers through Benni and the links in the press with the couple of Egyptian internationals. Their knowledge of the Premier League was impressive, although they all love Chelsea and Man Utd.

Most of my older friends from manchester count themselves as Lancastrians. But when asked were there from would always say Manchester rather than Lancashire but that is probably because most people know where Manchester is were as southerners dont know where Blackburn is. I usually tell the southerners I'm from just north of Manchester lol.Don't know any old scousers

This happened to me on a cruise round the med a couple of summers ago. I met a lad from BIRMINGHAM who thought Blackburn was near NEWCASTLE!!!! ut with most southerners it tends to be this:

Srs: Where you from?

Me: Darwen.

Srs: Australia?

Me: No, just below Blackburn, above Bolton.

Srs: Where's that?

Me: Do you know Manchester?

Srs: Yeh.

Me: Just above there.

Postal addresses on letters when I were a lad always read:

"Manchester, Lancashire" and "Liverpool, Lancashire".

Lancashire is a proud county of which the wonderful cities of Manchester and Liverpool will always be a part.

Postal addresses on letters when I were a lad always read:

"Manchester, Lancashire" and "Liverpool, Lancashire".

Lancashire is a proud county of which the wonderful cities of Manchester and Liverpool will always be a part.

and when you were a lad there was no street lights ,coloured tellies and you walked in front of a car with a red flag... :wacko:

Archived