SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers

Ben-2000

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish!

Very little rain today over here and nothing major in last few days either! If they cant handle the water they will of had then there is serious issues here!

Yep, big headlines on the Bolton News this morning - FLOOD ALERT yet it hasn't rained all day.

I checked the Met Office website this morning and the severe weather is in Cumbria, looks fine for weekend.

Park your caravans on the official car park, you tight fisted @#/?s! :rolleyes:

Hello peeps - only joking. Enjoy your day out in God's Town . Not too much though.

I reckon this has got 0-0 written all over it and no Sky cameras again at either the Reebok or Ewood until at least 2015! (Which might not be a bad thing.)

I might be pleasantly surprised though. Bloody important game - for both clubs.

Thanks, let's hope for a good game.

Not sure why Horwich is God's town though :tu:

Hard to pick a team for this one.... I am unsure. Our away from with 451 has been abysmal which suggests a change is required. However the main issue I have with that is I think we will lose Dunn's quality as the game will pass him by. Tempeted to go for a diamond to retain Dunn's influence but with two up top.

---------Di Santo------Roberts

---------------------Dunn

-----Pedersen-----------Emerton

-------------------Nzonzi

Givet----Nelsen------Samba---Chimbonda

------------------Robinson

Subs:- Brown, Salgado, Olsson, Grella, McCarthy, Diouf, Kalinic

Bring on McCarthy for Dunn as he tires second half. Kalinic for one of Roberts/Di Santo

It would be nice if we had a proper left back....

What no Jacobsen? Not even on the bench? What has he done to deserve such rejection?

Lawro says we'll lose, fantastic! :D

Couple of great quotes from Lawro.

ON LIVERPOOL V CITY

"this could be an open game and Liverpool will like that. 1-0"

ON BOLTON V ROVERS

"I do expect it to be dour and a game of few chances. 2-1"

So Liverpool and City will be an open game with 1 goal and ours will be a dour game with 3 goals. :rock:

What no Jacobsen? Not even on the bench? What has he done to deserve such rejection?

True, he was outstanding at the start of the season. However he has suffered a real dip in form and Sam has changed things round again now. Jacobsen isn't getting a look in. Chimbonda starts RB, Givet LB and Salgado is on the bench.

There is an arugment for playing Chimbonda LB and Jacobsen RB but Chimbonda was so good against Pompey it is hard to see how we will move him.

You should always factor into any comment about Lawro the fact that he is a (Please don't use that word again)wit. Sad thing is - he gets paid for it, handsomely.

You should always factor into any comment about Lawro the fact that he is a (Please don't use that word again)wit. Sad thing is - he gets paid for it, handsomely.

I never listen to the pr1ck Lawro. The guy talks like a mincer ;)

• Backroom

I find it odd when people get irate at Lawro predicting us to lose games where maybe 75% of neutrals would expect us to lose (this one may be a bad example I admit)

We certainly wouldn't be most people favourites this sunday though

Apologies if this has been posted before but some help on the best parking places would be appreciated.

Will be approaching from the Manchester direction and heading for the Bury area after the match.

Apology accepted. (It has!)

You can all park your caravans on the Official Away Car Park. We'll be laying on free hay and buckets of water for the horses. ;)

Enjoy your day - a bit.

Apologies if this has been posted before but some help on the best parking places would be appreciated.

Will be approaching from the Manchester direction and heading for the Bury area after the match.

Jim

Heading N on the M61, exit at Horwich and take 1st exit (away from the Reebok).

At the next roundabout take 1st exit (south).

Next left takes you down a lane and over the M61 towards the Reebok.

Approaching the Reebok the lane becomes an industrial area with plenty of on street parking.

5 mins walk to the ground.

After the match retrace your route.

Parking on the Reebok car parks is a nightmare - coaches are given priority - took me 30 mins to get off the only time I tried it.

Going to the Bury area after the game could be tricky if you don't know the area.

Motorways M61/M60/M66 is a long way round.

One way is from beehive at Horwich towards Bolton then take a left onto the ring road.

Or if you exit down Lostock Lane, turn left onto Wingates Lane, Left at traffic lights (A6 south).through another set of lights. First exit at Chequerbent roundabout(A58 Bolton), under M61, over Hunger Hill, left at lights onto Beaumont Rd. At the end of Beaumont Rd, turn right at lights and immediate left onto ring road. A bit complicated, that.

Apology accepted. (It has!)

You can all park your caravans on the Official Away Car Park. We'll be laying on free hay and buckets of water for the horses. ;)

Enjoy your day - a bit.

Ever so kind, as they won't be needed by ourselves; I suggest you save it all for B*rnley. You know, that team you've stolen our insults for and use them against us.

Ever so kind, as they won't be needed by ourselves; I suggest you save it all for B*rnley. You know, that team you've stolen our insults for and use them against us.

Get a grip. They are the same insults that West Brom fans direct at Wolves fans, Norwich fans direct at Ipswich fans etc etc etc West Brom fans call Wolves fans dingles by the way. Have a minute whilst the shock subsides.

Don't flatter yourself that there's a Blackburn Institute of Dingle Insults somewhere in the town. :rolleyes:

We'll try and create a bit of atmosphere. Shame you'll never know what a REAL derby is about :P!

If it's about watching Blackburn troglodytes beating the snot out of Burnley troglodytes and vice versa followed by two town centres being demolished then you can keep your REAL derby, Mum. ;)

Archived