BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers

Ben-2000

Note to Big Sam:

2 up front + no Andrews or Pedersen = 3 points away from home

Took our stand-in manager all of one game to work out what Sam has failed to see for 8 months!

There's no way Maccy D was acting of his own accord. Allardyce will have given him strict instructions to follow.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

As a side note, it's nothing new but Davies is a horrible player. Everytime a ball was played to him he looked behind him then backep into the defender and fell over, the problem is the ref fell for it time after time.

I was only ever worried from set pieces and when a player was looking like striking from distance.

Oh and what a difference 135 minutes makes, at half time v Pompey we were looking like going bottom and now we are even thinking of looking upwards

What a day!

The team were excellent and the away support was second to none.

How was the noise on tele? Especially the Dunny for England chants...

Dunny man of the match, but also special mentions for Chimbonda, Samba and Di Santo. Oh, and Emerton, he was superb. And how could I forget, Sam Ricketts. Brilliant goal!

On cloud nine :brfc:

As a side note, it's nothing new but Davies is a horrible player. Everytime a ball was played to him he looked behind him then backep into the defender and fell over, the problem is the ref fell for it time after time.

I was only ever worried from set pieces and when a player was looking like striking from distance.

Oh and what a difference 135 minutes makes, at half time v Pompey we were looking like going bottom and now we are even thinking of looking upwards

We were watching the comparative performances of Roberts and Davies. Roberts got elbowed, thrown to the floor and generally bashed around without getting much of anything out of the ref whereas Davies was very physical but won free kick after free kick for falling over or making it look like he had been fouled. Generally, Roberts did pretty well today. 2 up front works for him.

Doesn't the table look good.. still concerned about the amount of room in midfield when an attack breaks down... could get exposed by a better team .. looked a bit better when Gruella came on I thought.. but hey wern't Bolton bad....can't see them getting out of trouble... get well Sam hope all goes well.... time for another glass of the red stuff!!!

Diouf getting some unfair comments, though he had a really good game. No one performed below a seven for me, great performance.

There's plenty of player haters on here that crawl out of the woodwork on a regular basis Daz. How anyone can crib after 3 points and a clean sheet away at Bolton beggars belief.

but hey wern't Bolton bad....can't see them getting out of trouble... get well Sam hope all goes well.... time for another glass of the red stuff!!!

A long term injury to Kevin Davies and they would likley be relegated imo..... crikey after seeing em today that might even happen with KD fit all season.

two words

EFFING

AWSOME!!!!!!!

there ya go two up front and wheyyyyyyyyyyy heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

everyone comes out with credit ,emerton mom for me.

bolton are going down....and poss down again....quiet as mouses for 90 mins...

couldnt believe piggies fans on way back to my car ,one said we were lucky as they spanked us for 90mins....he got asked if he was a wino or a junkie lol.

A great result that should give the team a lot of confidence when playing Fulham next. I thought that we played very well, especially in the 2nd half and should have won by more. Defensively we look very good when we line out with Chimbonda or Jacobsen, Samba, Nelsen and Givet. We had much more of an attacking threat by playing 4-4-2 and I would like to see this more often. David Dunn looked class again and Brett Emerton also looked very good.

Top performance. Felt like the home side, David Dunn on that form is unplayable.

Looking at the table we have nothing to fear apart from 6/7 sides, two up front WILL reap dividends.

Side note, Bolton fans after the game 'mums your dad...' , 'six fingers' etc, so sad that they have no rivals to speak of and have to steal other clubs songs.

Collapsing crowd figures, zero atmosphere, hated manager, rank team. Almost feel for them... Almost

The game hinged on two incidents, first was when the deflected free kick hit the crossbar and the second was Givets injury, up to that point Gardner was Boltons most dangerous player as he pushed up on Chimbonda, when Chimbonda went to left back, he worked well in tandem with Diouf and got round the back of Boltons defence at will almost!!

Im a bit surprised that people, think Diouf had a bad game. I thought, without any pace he managed to play Chimbo in quite a bit. Looked up for the fight and worked hard. Di Santo was again working hard, and Bert, Nzonzi and Dunn should be in that midfield. Did anybody see the smile on Roberts face after he got caught offside? It was no offside, but i was thinking that had he gone on he would have missed.

Im a bit surprised that people, think Diouf had a bad game. I thought, without any pace he managed to play Chimbo in quite a bit. Looked up for the fight and worked hard. Di Santo was again working hard, and Bert, Nzonzi and Dunn should be in that midfield. Did anybody see the smile on Roberts face after he got caught offside? It was no offside, but i was thinking that had he gone on he would have missed.

I thought he had a 4 performance in the first half and a 7 or 8 in the second. He had a game of two halves all by himself...

))))))I wouldnt have said it was easy, we were the ones doin all the pressing, besides we gave you a bit of help, it wasnt all down to your efforts. Anyway its at the end of the season when it matters most, lets see just who finishes where. I reckon your on the way down with your mates the dingles, especially if Dunn (fat lad) gets injured. Oh yeh and you brought some of the east lancs weather with you

34 minutes ago(((((((((((((

piggies deluded view lol

At £15 my main motivation for going was to boost my away attendances in anticipation of the Burnley game. I am SO glad we went, this was the most entertaining game we've seen this season and a cracking performance by Rovers. While we may have looked a little nervy at times in the first half we really dominated the game in many respects and but for three goal line clearances we would have run riot. Dunn was awesome and Emerton playing far better out wide than he has for many a year. Really, really pleased with the whole team. If this is what we can look forward to as Allardyce establishes himself I shall be a convert..............and in the not too distant future.

Archived