BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Vs Rovers

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in a word.. YES

the mind set was clearly not on football second half.

thanks pth - this is what I am trying to get at - the stupid tactics and set up is confusing the players totaly and IMO is the major part of our problem. Its ludicrous that players we know that have the ability, are being stopped from showing /or using that in a game. Add to that the ethos of trying not to concede being more important than actually trying to win a game is absolutely absurd and will take us in only one direction.

As we all know this is not uncommon and is all so visable in the games we have seen - especially this season.

We have players that can actually play - they may not show it half the time - but given the comment from McDonald this could well be the reason why.

Very very poor and I didn't even see the game, but from what everybody is saying pinpoints the problem exactly.

We had momentum going into the game and people can say what they like, but I am sure this is ahem... ' one' of those games' we should be winning that the SAM philosophers harp on about.

It was quite clear that we needed width and pace so Hoilett should have been the first to come on. Hoilett for Diouf, Benni for Di Santo and N'Zonzi for Grella / Andrews.

They're the changes I would have made.

I cannot for the life of me understand why N'Zonzi did not start. If its to accommodate Grella its a backward step in my view. I suppose the thinking was that Grella was the defensive and Andrews the attacking mid-fielder. God help us!

47er and captn kayos... have you actually seen the game? Judging by your posts, probably not. People are coming on here criticising the selection and players like Grella without actually seeing them play. That's incredibly daft.

I've already said this, the first half was great and after we were beaten against the run of play, the morale in the team completely died down. The management team tried to change the tactics around by going more direct and getting balls into the box as soon as possible to try and nick a goal quickly, but it didn't work and we lost. The result of the change of tactics meant we bypassed the midfield, so the likes of Andrews and Grella who were excellent in the first half were anonymous in the second.

The reason why Grella is playing ahead of N'zonzi is because we spent 4mil on Grella, who is a better and more experienced player. N'zonzi is a good player with potential, but there's no way he's as good as Grella is now. Andrews didn't even play in the middle, he played on the right wing, so no the thinking was not "grella as defensive, andrews as attacking".

It was a game I was expecting something from, even a win, but we didn't get it as it proved a very frustrating night for the team. I've accepted it and am ready to move on and cheer on the team again tonight, I suggest everyone else moves on as well.

47er and captn kayos... have you actually seen the game? Judging by your posts, probably not. People are coming on here criticising the selection and players like Grella without actually seeing them play. That's incredibly daft.

I've already said this, the first half was great and after we were beaten against the run of play, the morale in the team completely died down. The management team tried to change the tactics around by going more direct and getting balls into the box as soon as possible to try and nick a goal quickly, but it didn't work and we lost. The result of the change of tactics meant we bypassed the midfield, so the likes of Andrews and Grella who were excellent in the first half were anonymous in the second.

The reason why Grella is playing ahead of N'zonzi is because we spent 4mil on Grella, who is a better and more experienced player. N'zonzi is a good player with potential, but there's no way he's as good as Grella is now. Andrews didn't even play in the middle, he played on the right wing, so no the thinking was not "grella as defensive, andrews as attacking".

It was a game I was expecting something from, even a win, but we didn't get it as it proved a very frustrating night for the team. I've accepted it and am ready to move on and cheer on the team again tonight, I suggest everyone else moves on as well.

Yes! Saw the whole game live so you got that bit wrong. Just have a different opinion than you.

Yes! Saw the whole game live so you got that bit wrong. Just have a different opinion than you.

So why would you think that Andrews was the "attacking midfielder" if it was clear that he was the right winger. You honestly think that Grella played worse than N'zonzi in any of his games? A player being young and doing ok in the Premier League, isn't reason enough to keep him as an automatic starter for the midfield role.

So why would you think that Andrews was the "attacking midfielder" if it was clear that he was the right winger. You honestly think that Grella played worse than N'zonzi in any of his games? A player being young and doing ok in the Premier League, isn't reason enough to keep him as an automatic starter for the midfield role.

Well he wasn't a right winger was he? We didn't have one..Dunny roamed, Grella defended (tried to).Doeuf stayed pretty much on his line and Andrews did what Andrews does. Yes I think Grella played worse than N'Zonzi does. Can you cope with that?

EH????????????????????????????????????????

TOTAL AND UTTER ROLLOCKS!

Hoilett is raw and wants away, Kalinic hasn't done anything exciting yet (although I haven't written him off yet), who else is very young and exciting then? Erm ... let me see, er ... no-one? di Santo, has he excited you then? He's not even our player. Who else?

The back four isn't too bad, although given our amount of right-backs maybe that shouldn't be a surprise. Other thna that, it's a poor do, and I include the 'keeper there, he just isn't consistent enough.

Still think the same thing Bryan?

Archived