BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Vs Rovers

Check a few posts up (unless that's sarcasm).

Told my Pool supporting co-worker that if we won Weds we'd only be a point behind them. "Really? We really are doing bad."

Thanks- I missed that one when scanning previous posts- tickets are available on the day.

Not sarcasm but checking upwards goes off the top of page 3...

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Thanks- I missed that one when scanning previous posts- tickets are available on the day.

Not sarcasm but checking upwards goes off the top of page 3...

Philip... I'm surprised at YOU being a page 3 man !!! :P:blink:

We are Fulham's evil twin.

It's like playing ourselves, everything about them is an echo of us, we even had the same designer build Ewood and the Cottage all those years ago.

They're a good solid club who I find it hard to dislike for any reason and on a good day, like us, they'll beat anyone.

Tough result to call then as it depends on which team wants it the most on the night but usually the bad twin wins B) .

Givet is a doubt so maybe Salgado in at right back (he's got to start sometime) and Chimbo back to the left slot. 442 for me. Di Santo and Roberts to start then if we get no joy bring on Benny/Kalinic. Grella as the holding mid.

If we win it's going to be 0:1 but on balance I'd actually be happy with the point. Nervous about this one yet hopefull.

I'd stick with the same team that started against Bolton, Givet is out so i'd play Jacobsen on the right and Chimbonda on the left.

Formation wise i'd stick with the 4-4-2 diamond we used against Bolton. N'Zonzi at the bottom of the diamond, Emerton on the right and Diouf on the left, Dunny being the top point of the diamond allowing him to support the two forwards. As shown on Sunday when we need to the diamond can easily become a flat midfield when needed.

At some point i would like to see Kalinic get a run out. I was surprised he didn't come on against Bolton, thought apart from setting up Dunny Roberts didn't do that much.

Going for a 1-0 Rovers win.

Formation wise i'd stick with the 4-4-2 diamond we used against Bolton.

It wasn't a diamond we played against Bolton, Dunn was everywhere. He was definitely alongside N'Zonzi though and not ahead of him, he just had more license to break forward from midfield.

We've got a great record against Fulham, 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat in the last 7 visits. Everyone is on a bit of a high after the Bolton game. Win and we're above Burnley and 3 points off 5th spot. This all of course points to one outcome unfortunately - 2-0 Fulham with Dunn limping off in the first half. It's a game we should get something from though.

Blackburn Rovers - Major Honours 10

Fulham - Major Honours 0 - Nil - Null - Zero - Zilch :lol:

I'd quite happily take a draw in this one. Here's hoping. A win to follow in the Stoke game.

We've nothing at all to lose at Fulham, we should throw everything at them. If we get beat all the doom mongers will say told you so, but I've a feeling we'll come away from the Cottage with points. A win against Stoke would change the whole picture of our season so far.

• Backroom

:rover: i'd like to see junior given a game at foolham,whilst he's here we might as well see if he can cut the mustard.he could replace spit,as he did naff all again yesterday.hoping for a draw,depends weather duffer is on form or not :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

I doubt we'll see Hoilett again if he has turned down a contract.

I think Kalinic will get a run out, Benni had his go from the bench on Sunday so I think Kalinic will get a go this time.

Hope Dunn continues his fine form - such a tricky little player and the centrepiece of my fantasy football team!

Fulham have been hit and miss this year, seem to have struggled with the burden of UEFA Cup football and injuries to key players.

2-1, 1-1 or 1-2.

If Keef plays, 3-0.

Not sure we will go with Dunny in centre MF again. Hope so, but maybe Grella and N'Zonners in centre mid and Dunny on the left. Dunny can go in the middle when Grella gets injured.

We need to give N'Z a week or 2 off or he will burn out after xmas. Not if Andrews is his fill in though. Hope Benni gets plenty of time as a sub or starts up front with the General. I think he wants to make a late bid to get to the World Cup so lets give him a chance, he is top quality in the right mood.

Archived