BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Vs Rovers

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officially 5th spot is cut off point but usually if the winner of the League Cup and the two finalists of the FA Cup all finish in the top 4 then extra spots open up in the league, usually 6th and 7th.

For tonight, I think the only change will be Lars for Givet, with Pascal moving to left back.

I thought it had changed this year and you could only claim the european spot if you won the cup. So runners up wouldn't get in and it would go to the league.

Looking forward to tonights game. We always have good games at Fulham.

Officially 5th spot is cut off point but usually if the winner of the League Cup and the two finalists of the FA Cup all finish in the top 4 then extra spots open up in the league, usually 6th and 7th.

For tonight, I think the only change will be Lars for Givet, with Pascal moving to left back.

I personally would stick with the diamond as you say but get Emerton and Diouf to play much much narrower. We can't leave the kind of space in the centre against Fulham which we did against Bolton.

There is an outside chance Olsson could start with Chimbonda back at RB. Would give us more attacking options down both flanks if make us more vulnerable down the left.

I'm pretty certain our Bolton formation wasn't a diamond, Dunny had far more defensive responsibility than someone at the tip of a diamond would have. It was a pretty basic 4-4-2 with Dunn given license to go forward and N'Zonzi being the holding player. Such was Dunn's fitness levels that he was basically playing as the box-to-box midfielder, not a role many of us imagined he would be able to play again after his injury problems.

Just looked at Fulham's previous starting line-up and they played Chris Baird and Jonathan Greening in central midfield, so if they're forced to do something similar again I'd be confident of Dunn and N'Zonzi being able to come out on top in that battle.

Dunn wasnt the tip of the diamond. He was the left sided player in it.

In the second half Diouf seemed to spend a lot of time on the left, with Chimbonda linking up with him. I think Dunn and Diouf did a lot of position swapping - Dunn just seemed to be everywhere. He looked like he'd lost some weight to me and seemed to have a little bit of extra pace for it.

Highlights on TV Wednesday evening.

Fulham v Rovers

Hull v Everton

Sky Sports 1 10.30 - 11.55

Full match live for me 3am Thursday :( wonder if my local will stay open, five bar staff and me, can't see it so will have to make do with the front room and some chilled Chang.

COYB...... 0-1

Just a thanks from us northerner-dwellers who can't afford to get down to the London games (especially at this time) - good to see we have a fair few darn sarf showing their support when they can.

Coming north for the christmas games - spurs wigan and sunderland. I think people would be surprised how many Rovers supporters live down in the south. There used to be - not sure if there still is - a rovers supporters club in London.

Archived