BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Vs Rovers

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right bout to set off for the game tonight. I been saying a draw all week and really cant it being much better than that, but who knows. Really looking forward to my first chance at seeing rovers this season, and maybe see a few of u in the pub before hand....ill be the one with the blue n white scarf ;) CMON ROVERS!

anyone remember hughes in his second season (i think) saying just as we were about to move into the top half: "if we break into the top half we will stay there all season"? He was right...

Does anyone else share some optimism that it could be the case again? It would be great but I'd be happy to just stay above the @#/?s for the rest of the season. A point would put us above them on goal difference so I'll settle for that but we've gotta be hopeful we're heading down with intentions of taking all 3.

Anybody got an idea on how many we'll have there tonight? 500? 1000? We seem to have a fair bit of support in the capital, and the crowd last season was decent (and loud).

I think that may have had more to do with the free coach travel arragement. I couldn't go due to coursework issues that needed resolving and got ribbed by mates for not going (it was a tenner total, ffs!!). I can't be there tonight either, but will be listening ont' radio and watchin the bbc and rovers min-by-min thingies. UP THE ROVERS. It'll be close fought, but I doubt we'll lose, unless Danny Murphy AND Andy Johnson both get a return, in which case, socks up, chest out, chin up and FIGHT!!

Zamora has never technically been the greatest of players so I expect Zamora to almost nullify his effect.

You mean SAMBA will nullify his effect, surely?? Or is Zamora just THAT shyte? Otherwise, very good preview.

Oops, I'd love to say I meant Zamora because he's that bad and it'll probably curse us but just in case he has a half decent game I fully expect Samba to keep him at bay.

Come on boys, still going for 2-0

Hopefully be there for 6:30 as well. At least it won't be so cold standing outside this time.

*** PROBLEM WITH THE 8 BELLS ***

Just spoken to the pub, the local council have put new restrictions on them and they are no longer allowed to let people drink outside angry.gif ... so once it's up to capacity (and it's only a small place) then nobody else is allowed in.

Suggested alternatives are the Larrik and the Temperance, both on the main road just a bit further from Putney Bridge tube station.

Just spoken to the pub, the local council have put new restrictions on them and they are no longer allowed to let people drink outside angry.gif ... so once it's up to capacity (and it's only a small place) then nobody else is allowed in.

Suggested alternatives are the Larrik and the Temperance, both on the main road just a bit further from Putney Bridge tube station.

Outrageous, but living in the Fulham and Hammersmith borough myself I have noticed all the local pubs implementing similar measures (most havean outside section and have a barrier outside like a nightclub queue separating the drinking section from the walk-through section).

cheers

Far too much optimism on here after the Bolton victory and as older supporters know, Rovers always disappoint when hopes are high.

2-0 defeat.

I think the key is Fulham are playing better than Bolton, so if Rovers get a result tonight then the feel good factor going into the Stoke home game will be amazing as Dunnys says this week is a pivotal point for Rovers season.

Greening and Davies in their midfield isnt that great though.

For me another clean sheet for Robbo is the most important thing.

I think the key is Fulham are playing better than Bolton, so if Rovers get a result tonight then the feel good factor going into the Stoke home game will be amazing as Dunnys says this week is a pivotal point for Rovers season.

Greening and Davies in their midfield isnt that great though.

For me another clean sheet for Robbo is the most important thing.

I agree here, but we must keep it tight. I'm finding it quite hard to see past a draw if Andy Johnson and Danny Murphy DO return tonight tbh.

Not sure on Grella and Andrews in middle.

Well, if Emerton isn't fit and N'Zonzi needs rest, who else do we have? :)

ROVERS: Robinson, Jacobsen, Samba, Nelsen ©, Chimbonda, Diouf, Grella, Andrews, Dunn, Di Santo, Roberts.

Subs: Brown, McCarthy, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Kalinić, Hoilett, Salgado

Dunn could do a good job floating in from the left side with Chimbonda overlapping.

I think this shows just how poor Pedersen has been, and how much the management team have noticed. He's a goner in January if anyone will take him, he's definitely not getting a new contract anyway.

Just thinking about it a bit more (I might edit this out when it turns out to be completely wrong)...any chance of Roberts/Di Santo playing more to the right, Diouf on the left, Dunn in an attacking central midfield role with Grella and Andrews holding?

Archived