BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Behaviour

RIML

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is a joke. Young lads do silly things, particular when drunk with their mates, hence town centres on weekend evenings and away matches get more difficult to negotiate as you get older. I'm sure most of the lads that occasionally go 'over the top' now will become 'acceptable citizens' to all of us in a few years. In fact they'll eventually be the ones moaning about the 'youth of today'.

Who can honestly say that they never went out with the lads in their late teens/early twenties and did things that make them cringe now that they're a bit older? If you can then you missed out.

Get some perspective.

are you ###### serious. we win our first away game in many attempts and we have to close and open a topic in regards to crowd etiquette. very embarrassing. is our online fan base seriously made up of pricks with over sensitive feelings. soooo bad and i hope to never meet many of you in R.L OMG LOL ROFL HEHE

BY DA WAY YA SUCH AN OVERBEARING BRIT LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mellow:

I don't think the awful 'P' word everyone's on about is particularly offensive anyway these days, a LOT of Asian lads call each other by it.

Remember not too many moons ago a lot of the BBurn end chanting about gas bills to the Spurs fans, I see that as a bit more of an issue.

Terrible fuss about nothing IMO regarding Bolton, I enjoyed it anyway.

Me and bucky have settled on an agreement I think. ANYWAY, sorry about my fracas with you all.

Ossydave - I know they call each other that, but black people seem to call each other by the n word too. Still doesn't make it right for people of other skin colours or races to call them so.

are you ###### serious. we win our first away game in many attempts and we have to close and open a topic in regards to crowd etiquette. very embarrassing. is our online fan base seriously made up of pricks with over sensitive feelings. soooo bad and i hope to never meet many of you in R.L OMG LOL ROFL HEHE

BY DA WAY YA SUCH AN OVERBEARING BRIT LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mellow:

Alright, so if you were of asian origin and you supported Rovers. You were at an away match and the people around you started chanting racist sh*t.

Would you get offended? or would you think "ah Eff it, we're winning away from home for once"?

Don't be a bell

:angry: COULD I PLEASE STATE THAT I NO WAY STARTED THIS THREAD IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!!!!!!! :angry: AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW DID AND PUT MY NAME TO IT!!!!!!!!

One of the moderators did, it just so happened that your comment was the first they added.....mountain, mole hill...chill

• Backroom

Got to say I've never heard the word Brit used as an derogatary term, also to say the word Paki isn't offensive is ridiculous and pretty much irrelevent seeing as they were singing about people in a hate filled way no matter what word is used.

:wstu:

Couldn't give a toss what you think of my opinion. I know for a FACT that Asians I KNOW don't bat an eyelid at the word.

Besides, it was an absolute bloody minority using it at Bolton, if thats all people have to moan about then we're doing well.

'Paki' is a derogatory term used by racists to generalize people of Asian descent. It is no way comparable to 'Brit,' which is used in reference to British citizenry. It doesn't have the inherent racial connotations that the word 'Paki' does.

'Paki' is a derogatory term used by racists to generalize people of Asian descent. It is no way comparable to 'Brit,' which is used in reference to British citizenry. It doesn't have the inherent racial connotations that the word 'Paki' does.

You should have ended with 'IMO'

What about the name Paddy for an Irishman ;) Very similar in pronunciation.

As a Brit of Pakistani origin I'd like to give my 2 cents. I have never in my life heard the term Brit used as a derogatory term towards people of English origin in my life...ever!!! Yes Racism does occur from all backgrounds regardless of what skin colour they may be, but Mellison you have truely proved what a little tit you are with some of your comments. Also I happened to travel up to the Bolton game as I have a few mates that support Bolton and unfortunately had tickets to sit with them in the home section. Not that I cared we won 2-0. Now I personally came across 2 youths who were spewing the Owen Coyle Paki chant and when i grabbed hold of one of them I could smell the ###### roll down his leg ever so fast. Of course it turned into the " Nah I wasnt saying Paki Bruv i swear". What a fanny, at least be man enough to admit your racist scum. I just think that some people are so ignorant they need some serious enlightenment. Mellison God knows where you get your crap from. When my mates went to Germany for the World Cup a few years back they had their mini van sprayed with the logo "Brits on Tour" and they are all white!!!! So where does your poxy explanation go there?? And seriously trying to compare the term Paki to Brit??? Im proud to be a Brit and if anyone called me a Paki I'd rip them a new asshole...theres your difference

• Backroom

If anyone was caught at Ewood spouting racist language would they recieve a lifetime ban?

I've heard racist things quite a few times around me in the BBE but it tends to be from induviduals insulting a player rather than widespread songs etc.

I'd suggest the club needs to keep an open ear around the in particular(and I have suggested as much to the club) the last thing we want is another Dwight Yorke saga.

Spot on.

We have a number of Asian supporters that follow the club, and I for one would be disgusted and embarrassed if people started sing we hate Pakis in front of those supporters, be they Indian (which they are in the main) or Pakistani.

The Brit argument is a feeble attempt really to deflect in my opinion. I have a number of Asian friends and have never heard one of them ever refer to anyone white as a Brit, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, but its not offensive even if it does happen, and not used as a racist term.

Anyway thats the reason I didn't take my son to Bolton on Sunday, and by the sounds of it, as I'd have gone by train, I'm glad I didn't go.

As a Brit of Pakistani origin I'd like to give my 2 cents. I have never in my life heard the term Brit used as a derogatory term towards people of English origin in my life...ever!!! Yes Racism does occur from all backgrounds regardless of what skin colour they may be, but Mellison you have truely proved what a little tit you are with some of your comments. Also I happened to travel up to the Bolton game as I have a few mates that support Bolton and unfortunately had tickets to sit with them in the home section. Not that I cared we won 2-0. Now I personally came across 2 youths who were spewing the Owen Coyle Paki chant and when i grabbed hold of one of them I could smell the ###### roll down his leg ever so fast. Of course it turned into the " Nah I wasnt saying Paki Bruv i swear". What a fanny, at least be man enough to admit your racist scum. I just think that some people are so ignorant they need some serious enlightenment. Mellison God knows where you get your crap from. When my mates went to Germany for the World Cup a few years back they had their mini van sprayed with the logo "Brits on Tour" and they are all white!!!! So where does your poxy explanation go there?? And seriously trying to compare the term Paki to Brit??? Im proud to be a Brit and if anyone called me a Paki I'd rip them a new asshole...theres your difference

Spot on.

We have a number of Asian supporters that follow the club, and I for one would be disgusted and embarrassed if people started sing we hate Pakis in front of those supporters, be they Indian (which they are in the main) or Pakistani.

They were singing Owen Coyle is a c@nt, he shags P***'s. I didn't hear anyone sing "we hate Pakis" @ the Bolton game maybe they were singing it but I didn't hear it, a few tried singing "we are the Rovers, we hate ..... at the Nottingham Forest game, to me that is a lot more offensive but let's not forget it's a song about Owen Coyle, it's their way of trying to be funny I guess, people should just laugh it off and don't join in with the idiots who think they are big and clever and above everyone else.

Sorry for going off topic but where's the English/British sense of humour gone. I love listening to offensive comedians, Jimmy Carr said this which is extremely offensive but it doesn't really bother me, it's just words "Say what you like about these servicemen amputees from Iraq and Afghanistan, but we're going to have a ###### good Paralympic team in 2012." it's funny in an offensive way, so what? I wish we'd all lighten up and stop all this OMG I'm offended/discriminated. Just turn the other cheek :)

Just to add, that's probably why these idiots think it's ok to sing these songs because of how society is today and all this offensiveness, if we all laughed and had a sense of humour about it would there be any of this?

Jasper Carrott once said 'There are so many groups of people you can't pick on any more, but there's one group who never get picked on, and that's *covers mouth* the deaf!'

This kind of joke is indeed what Britain is all about. We have always told offensive jokes. Many of my fave comedians have offended me in various ways, but it's funny.

BUT RIML.....I see what point you are trying to make, but racism is still unacceptable (as is any form of insult through ignorance). Comedians make it obvious that what they say is in jest and therefore intended as a joke. Chants that target particular people or racial groups, are intended as funny to those who sing it, but PURELY as ofeensive the those at whom they are aimed. Unnacceptable. And I know Sloughrover doesn't like me too much atmo, but I too would rip anyone who says 'the P word' a new arsehole. I would urge everyone to do the same.

Archived