BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Behaviour

RIML

I HATE offensive language, don't see any need for it whatsoever and maybe had a sense of humour bypass but what on earth is funny about somebody swearing every other word. It's even worse when women do it for me. I just long for people to respect each other and be polite to each other. Still, that's just me, I appreciate I'm not young (funny thing, that happens to us all) and some would be offensive to me for that very reason.

I've heard recently that offensive language is going out of fashion, because many are beginning to realise it's just being used to hide a lack of education and knowledge of English language. Hmmm.

Having said that, it does come in jolly useful in certain situations, such as when you trap a finger in a door or stub your toe. ;)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scally contingent that sing songs about 'Pakis' aren't doing it be funny, they're doing it because they are bigots. You can't compare it to comedians writing 'shock' comedy.

For anyone who thinks it is comparable to 'Brit'; take a walk through the streets and call 10 Asian people 'Paki', then call 10 English people 'Brit'. Measure the difference in reaction.

They were singing Owen Coyle is a c@nt, he shags P***'s. I didn't hear anyone sing "we hate Pakis" @ the Bolton game maybe they were singing it but I didn't hear it, a few tried singing "we are the Rovers, we hate ..... at the Nottingham Forest game, to me that is a lot more offensive but let's not forget it's a song about Owen Coyle, it's their way of trying to be funny I guess, people should just laugh it off and don't join in with the idiots who think they are big and clever and above everyone else.

Sorry for going off topic but where's the English/British sense of humour gone. I love listening to offensive comedians, Jimmy Carr said this which is extremely offensive but it doesn't really bother me, it's just words "Say what you like about these servicemen amputees from Iraq and Afghanistan, but we're going to have a ###### good Paralympic team in 2012." it's funny in an offensive way, so what? I wish we'd all lighten up and stop all this OMG I'm offended/discriminated. Just turn the other cheek :)

Just to add, that's probably why these idiots think it's ok to sing these songs because of how society is today and all this offensiveness, if we all laughed and had a sense of humour about it would there be any of this?

Okayyyy, so did you laugh at the "Paki Chant" at the Reebok?

because if you did, lets face it; you're encouraging the little @#/?s

The scally contingent that sing songs about 'Pakis' aren't doing it be funny, they're doing it because they are bigots. You can't compare it to comedians writing 'shock' comedy.

For anyone who thinks it is comparable to 'Brit'; take a walk through the streets and call 10 Asian people 'Paki', then call 10 English people 'Brit'. Measure the difference in reaction.

I wasn't referring to the 'scallys' being funny, Le Chuck, just the use of bad language in general and in particular by 'comedians' . ('Shock' Comedy - that's a new one to me <_< .) Nothing funny or clever about it at all and usually particularly derogatary to women.

As for the racist chants and songs - despicable. I have never understood racism, we are all human beings, we all have red blood in our veins. Why some choose to believe they are better than others defies me.

I wasn't referring to the 'scallys' being funny, Le Chuck, just the use of bad language in general and in particular

Sorry Mum that wasn't a post aimed at you...I'll be honest and admit I never got as far as your post before hitting the reply button!

They were singing Owen Coyle is a c@nt, he shags P***'s. I didn't hear anyone sing "we hate Pakis" @ the Bolton game maybe they were singing it but I didn't hear it, a few tried singing "we are the Rovers, we hate ..... at the Nottingham Forest game, to me that is a lot more offensive but let's not forget it's a song about Owen Coyle, it's their way of trying to be funny I guess, people should just laugh it off and don't join in with the idiots who think they are big and clever and above everyone else.

The references makes not difference, the word is racist and I don't want my child to be around that cr@p.

Okayyyy, so did you laugh at the "Paki Chant" at the Reebok?

because if you did, lets face it; you're encouraging the little @#/?s

I said "people should just laugh it off" not laugh at the chant and encourage them :huh:

There's a difference between laughing at them and laughing with them.

I said "people should just laugh it off" not laugh at the chant and encourage them :huh:

There's a difference between laughing at them and laughing with them.

Yeh there is if you spoke to them and told them you were laughing at them not with them.

But if you were laughing and they look over and see it, they would just presume that you were laughing at their "whitty" chant and continue.

Would you laugh it off if you were of asian origin?

Try putting yourself in their place.

The references makes not difference, the word is racist and I don't want my child to be around that cr@p.

It makes a difference to me racism is hatred or intolerance of another race or other races and you mentioned about singing "we hate Pakis" that's not what they were singing that's the point I was making, the word hate makes a big difference to me.

Anyways like you said you don't want your child to be around that cr@p, no one wants to listen to it so the best way is to either ignore it, hope they stop and realise they're not getting the attention they so desperately crave, laugh AT them and not with them or simply report them.

One of the idiots who sits behind me who sings the Owen Coyle is a C@nt song, shouted Chimbonda take your clothes off, then went on to say sh*t they're your hands :o they have London accents and I sometimes wonder if they're actually Rovers fans or whether they just come to cause trouble, who knows but I'm sure if they carry on they won't be going to football grounds much longer.

Oh Carole, I was told people swear because they have a lack of vocabulary ;)

It makes a difference to me racism is hatred or intolerance of another race or other races and you mentioned about singing "we hate Pakis" that's not what they were singing that's the point I was making, the word hate makes a big difference to me.

There's no difference whatsoever - "he shags pakis" is clearly meant to be derogatory.

How about replacing the word "hate" with the word "love". How would that chant go down with you?

Yeh there is if you spoke to them and told them you were laughing at them not with them.

But if you were laughing and they look over and see it, they would just presume that you were laughing at their "whitty" chant and continue.

Would you laugh it off if you were of asian origin?

Try putting yourself in their place.

You can just tell if somebody is laughing at you or with you, look them in the eye, give them a sly look and laugh in their face they'll love that, you have to admit it's annoying when you see someone laughing and you don't know what they're laughing at.

Would I laugh it off if I was of Asian origin of course I would, I don't care what anyone thinks, If I did I'd have no life. I would be proud of the way God made me, simple.

There's no difference whatsoever - "he shags pakis" is clearly meant to be derogatory.

How about replacing the word "hate" with the word "love". How would that chant go down with you?

I was just making the point because someone said they were singing something totally different. Owen Coyle shags P***'s and we hate P***'s is a totally different song with similar words.

I'd know they were taking the p*ss, sums them up very well - p*ss takers.

You can just tell if somebody is laughing at you or with you, look them in the eye, give them a sly look and laugh in their face they'll love that, you have to admit it's annoying when you see someone laughing and you don't know what they're laughing at.

Would I laugh it off if I was of Asian origin of course I would, I don't care what anyone thinks, If I did I'd have no life. I would be proud of the way God made me, simple.

So you'd laugh off any prejudice and utter disrepect shown towards yourself and your family for no reason what so ever?

Okay say hyperthetically, you were walking down a road and your weight was on the heavier side of the scales (and I am in no way shape or form calling you fat here) and a group of scallies starter chanting "Meat pie sausage rolls come on FATTY give us a goal!"

Almost everytime you walked past you received pretty much the same treatment. Would it get to you in anyway? Or would it be like water off a ducks back?

I very much doubt at a football watch someone will eye someone up enough to get eye contact followed by a sly look and then to top it off; a laugh in the face. At the very best i'm guessing someone would get a glance, be seen laughing, then the chant would continue.

So you'd laugh off any prejudice and utter disrepect shown towards yourself and your family for no reason what so ever?

Okay say hyperthetically, you were walking down a road and your weight was on the heavier side of the scales (and I am in no way shape or form calling you fat here) and a group of scallies starter chanting "Meat pie sausage rolls come on FATTY give us a goal!"

Almost everytime you walked past you received pretty much the same treatment. Would it get to you in anyway? Or would it be like water off a ducks back?

I very much doubt at a football watch someone will eye someone up enough to get eye contact followed by a sly look and then to top it off; a laugh in the face. At the very best i'm guessing someone would get a glance, been seen laughing, then the chant would continue.

This is getting a bit silly now, I did suggest ignoring them or reporting them.

I'm not fat btw but I have been called nasty names by scallies about the way I dress and being the tomboy that I am, you have to just rise above it and try not to let it get to you, I sometimes take things personally, other times it doesn't bother me at all, getting all upset about name calling is low an you have to rise above it, sticks and stones...... like I said I'm proud of the way God made me, also if they called you about your looks, if you asked these bullies if they could define the word ugly, they wouldn't be able to say it's someone who is unpleasant to look at, just like people who says P**i they probably couldn't tell the difference between Indians Pakistanis etc etc so you have to just think to yourself they know nothing, also people who want to call people names only do so to make them feel big because they have low life's themselves, says it all about these idiots.

I very much doubt at a football watch someone will eye someone up enough to get eye contact followed by a sly look and then to top it off; a laugh in the face. At the very best i'm guessing someone would get a glance, be seen laughing, then the chant would continue.

It was actually come on 'Bangy' give us a goal, one of the lads with us who is a fatty. Talk about paranoid.

As for scallies, feel free to discuss that with me on Saturday :rolleyes:

One of the idiots who sits behind me who sings the Owen Coyle is a C@nt song, shouted Chimbonda take your clothes off, then went on to say sh*t they're your hands :o they have London accents and I sometimes wonder if they're actually Rovers fans or whether they just come to cause trouble, who knows but I'm sure if they carry on they won't be going to football grounds much longer.

Long way to travel every home game just for that if they have a season ticket, I've sat in rows in the BBE and had fans who come in mouthing off mainly it's down to them being drunk which is just stupid cos you can't enjoy the game that way i always think it's a waste. I've herd fans singing songs which I've thought are a bit much like the one some fans sing about Samba but ain't much i can do to stop them apart from reporting them which if anything like trying to stop smoking in the toilets ain't going to change much.

To eradicate racist chants is very simple. REPORT THEM. And when they are led out the ground by coppers and stewards, chant 'who the effing hell are you?!?' at them. Humiliate them. Get them banned from football grounds. Get them out of sport entirely. To chant anything racist, homophobic etc is dsgusting.

On a slightly different note, what were peoples thoughts on the 'faggot in the pink' chants towards James against Portsmouth? I didn't think it 'offensive' as such, but felt uncomfortable about it and was glad when it died down.

To eradicate racist chants is very simple. REPORT THEM. And when they are led out the ground by coppers and stewards, chant 'who the effing hell are you?!?' at them. Humiliate them. Get them banned from football grounds. Get them out of sport entirely. To chant anything racist, homophobic etc is dsgusting.

On a slightly different note, what were peoples thoughts on the 'faggot in the pink' chants towards James against Portsmouth? I didn't think it 'offensive' as such, but felt uncomfortable about it and was glad when it died down.

Honestly, it made me laugh. That kit is a joke.

They sang "we hate pakis" last season, this season they sang "Owen Coyle shags Pakis"

No what does that mean? difference, its racism.

Hard going this...... :(

Archived