SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Stoke

CrazyIvan

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Looks like Kalinic still wont get on. If we're lucky he may get 3 minutes when the game is already lost.

As you can tell I'm sulking now, Diouf has been appalling at times but he gets to stay in the team.

Not happy at all with that, why the hell is Diouf still in there?

hope I'm proved wrong here but surely you line up with 2 up top against teams like these?

Poor

Edit Also no Jacobsen on the bench but 3 strikers? really?

Yes but Salgado is there to cover the right back slot ! If I were Jacobsen I'd be knocking on the managers door on Monday morning, being left out for a guy who's hardly played all season. I'd not be too happy.

Watch us play a blinder now and hammer them 6-0. :lol:

Honestly though I am disappointed with that lineup and formation. Thought the 4-4-2 performances overall would have changed Sam's mind in regards to that 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 system and clearly some players are getting in the team as they are Sam's favourites (Diouf for example shouldn't be near the team going off recent performances).

Cross your fingers Dunny has a great game is all i can say.

• Backroom

Too true RVR I'm hoping I've got one wrong, after all I'm no expert :unsure:

As you say I think it all hinges on Dunny again, problem is other teams now know this.

I think the reason Jacobsen isn't on the bench is because the management is letting him spend time with his wife and newborn if he's not starting a game, as we have Salgado for cover.

Diouf needs to be dropped, but I don't see this happening until January because we don't have anyone else to play on the left wing and I'd guess Sam prefers Diouf over Pedersen. Honestly, not surprised that Andrews is starting.

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Emerton, Nzonzi, Andrews, Diouf, Dunn, Di Santo.

Subs: Brown (GK), Roberts, McCarthy, Grella, Pedersen, Kalinic, Salgado.

OMG ! At home ?!? Against Stoke ?!?

Giving up before kickoff ?

Yes but Salgado is there to cover the right back slot ! If I were Jacobsen I'd be knocking on the managers door on Monday morning, being left out for a guy who's hardly played all season. I'd not be too happy.

Makes me SICK !

I'm so angry, and I don't expect anything from this match now.

Here's hoping i'm wrong !

How about instead of getting on the managers/players backs as soon as the team is announced we get behind them and support them? People seem to forget we played this formation (at home) against Villa, Wolves and Burnley and it worked very well, with many on here praising those performances and the attacking football played. It didn't go well against Pompey but then then isn't that what the strikers are on the bench for? They're there as an alternative option, to change it if it isn't working.

I would personally prefer to see us play 4-4-2 but this system brings out the best in Dunn for sure and I also think Diouf looks better, albeit not brilliant when playing with 2 holding midfielders. I don't think we have two good enough central midfielders to play 4 across midfield, it leaves us exposed and also struggling to create much from open play.

All we can hope is that the first half is similar to the portsmouth game, and we change to 4-4-2 at half time to steal the points, if things are not going well. However, will that happen with Allardyce not in attendance?

Why would you hope that we play terribly and go 1 goal down in the first half?

OMG ! At home ?!? Against Stoke ?!?

Giving up before kickoff ?

Makes me SICK !

I'm so angry, and I don't expect anything from this match now.

Here's hoping i'm wrong !

I cannot believe the negative posts about the line up. Have not rovers got a good record at home this season playing this way? Anyway I suggest that this line up is to keep things tight and at the back and allow Dunn to get forward to support di santo. If rovers win this game comfortable, will people except the line up or would it still be condemned. We do not know what the tactics are or what has been said to the players. On the bench there is enough firepower on the bench to bring on to change things if needed. Sadly supporters write games off before a ball has been kicked.

How about instead of getting on the managers/players backs as soon as the team is announced we get behind them and support them? People seem to forget we played this formation (at home) against Villa, Wolves and Burnley and it worked very well, with many on here praising those performances and the attacking football played. It didn't go well against Pompey but then then isn't that what the strikers are on the bench for? They're there as an alternative option, to change it if it isn't working.

I would personally prefer to see us play 4-4-2 but this system brings out the best in Dunn for sure and I also think Diouf looks better, albeit not brilliant when playing with 2 holding midfielders. I don't think we have two good enough central midfielders to play 4 across midfield, it leaves us exposed and also struggling to create much from open play.

Well said, that man. All the hysteria whenever we start 4-5-1 is ridiculous. As you said, it worked perfectly in those other matches. I'm still confident we're going to take all three points. Let's wait until the game's underway before we cast judgement, eh?

Archived