BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea

Sorry for the late preview it’s my first one so here it goes.

So I said I’d do the preview for the 5th round of the carling cup. Who did we get? Chelsea. Thank God it’s at home. So who will win, more on that later?

After the terrible defeat earlier in the season, hopefully Rovers will want revenge, and they may get it. At home our record is brilliant. 2 losses since Big Sam took over nearly a year ago. It’s unheard of for a “small” team like Blackburn.

The good thing for Blackburn is that we play Chelsea during their games against Arsenal and City. Good time some will say. They also have injuries, Lampard, Ballack, Deco and Drogba. They all missed the last league game, although Drogba was back for the champion’s league. But in saying that, their reserve team features the likes of Joe Cole – arguably the best English player at the last World Cup. On top of that we can’t play one of our best players this season, Franco Di Santo, against his parent club.

I asked a Chelsea fan what he thought of the games and this is what he had to say.

1) How do you see your season going?

Slowly improving, getting good results and been unlucky in the losses. So fairly happen without playing higher then 3rd gear.

2) What do you think of Blackburn so far this season?

After a shaky start - If I remember – you’ve steadied up and look decent going forward.

3) Thanks for loaning us Franco Di Santo; he’s a Rovers legend already. What do you think of him and do you think we have a chance of keeping him on a permanent contract?

Good player, learning a lot. No, hopefully we will take him back.

4) If you could choose any current Blackburn player (not Di Santo) to play for Chelsea who would it be and why?

You have a big midfielder (defensive) who despite us beating you comfortably looked really good on the ball, I can’t remember who. I presume he meant Steven N’Zonzi. Although some other Chelsea fans were saying Keith Andrews as he is confident on the ball and retains it well.

5) Are you coming to the carling cup game at Ewood?

No, saw you earlier in the season.

6) What are your predictions for the game?

Don’t like to predict.

7) Good luck for the rest of the season except against us.

Thanks, you too.

So, what will the result be? I think we’ll sneak it 1-0, Chris Samba.

Come on Rovers let’s win this one and make the semi-finals of a cup once more.

4) If you could choose any current Blackburn player (not Di Santo) to play for Chelsea who would it be and why?

You have a big midfielder (defensive) who despite us beating you comfortably looked really good on the ball, I can’t remember who. I presume he meant Steven N’Zonzi. Although some other Chelsea fans were saying Keith Andrews as he is confident on the ball and retains it well.

About 10 heads just imploded on the messageboard. :lol:

Archived