BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Climbing The Floodlights

Gav

Plenty of Rovers away trips used to start on Friday night by all accounts because of the lack of motorways. I believe penny street in Blackburn was the place to catch the coach after chucking out time, must have been a fun journey with 50 odd drunken blokes, NOT!

I remember going to the infamous Carlisle game where a Carlisle fan died. Beer on the coach, urine running down the aisle from the back seats to the front of the bus. Great.

Climbing the floolights did happen, if you read the thread.

Norwich in the late 60's did happen, if you read the thread

Also if you read the thread, I did mention my father "slightly embellishes the truth"

Please read the thread...... wacko.gif

You are giving this particular advice to the wrong one Gav. I ALWAYS read every thread from beginning to end in order. I read your post which was quite near the beginning of the thread and most certainly was the first to mention any of the incidents to which you refer. I answered your post IMMEDIATELY after reading it, albeit that my reading was around 24 hrs later than the thread launch and your post time. So I had not seen ANY of the replies from others that confirm your Dad's claims. That's all! No need to go off on one and infer that I was disputing what you and others had said, and which I only came across much further on in my reading of the thread. If everyone started at the beginning of a thread and continued in numerical order to the end, there would be FAR less silly disputes and arguing, insult throwing etc on this MB.

Edit: Reading further on still from your reply to mine it would appear that I must have lived a very sheltered life, because there are now confirmations of all of your Dad's stories pouring in from all directions, but I can honestly say hand on heart that I had NEVER heard a word or even a hint of ANY of them. I wonder if that is because I have lived and worked in Scotland for over 30 years, and news about Blackburn in general and Rovers in particular tends to be none existent up here.

Walked into Burnley town centre every time we played them hitting a big drum to let the locals know we’re here…..

Funniest thing I've read on here in ages!

I was in the Riverside for the City cup game and remember people on top of the refreshment stand that overlooked the outdoor bogs on the corner of the Bburn End. I think I remember people up the floodlight just next to it but I might be making that up.

I definitely remember climbing up into the Darwen End pensioners section of the Nuttall St when Sunderland hordes came charging round from the Bburn end and gave us a good kicking. Maybe Gav's dad had retired by then!

The issue with todays youth is this. I took my slap off the old bill and didnt dare mention it to the parents let alone telling them what it was I had got a slap for.

Todays youth would be straight on the phone making a complaint of attempted murder via their solicitors and "friends".

The good old days eh :)

You are giving this particular advice to the wrong one Gav. I ALWAYS read every thread from beginning to end in order. I read your post which was quite near the beginning of the thread and most certainly was the first to mention any of the incidents to which you refer. I answered your post IMMEDIATELY after reading it, albeit that my reading was around 24 hrs later than the thread launch and your post time. So I had not seen ANY of the replies from others that confirm your Dad's claims. That's all! No need to go off on one and infer that I was disputing what you and others had said, and which I only came across much further on in my reading of the thread. If everyone started at the beginning of a thread and continued in numerical order to the end, there would be FAR less silly disputes and arguing, insult throwing etc on this MB.

I'm not on one Fife, just enjoy the thread :tu:

Archived