BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chimbonda

Hughesy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam suggested that Chimbonda may be displeased with not being in the side.

If we were to sell him, would not be too bothered. Has been fairly inconsistent however the fact he can play in a few positions is useful.

Jack of all trades, but a master of none?

He had a bright start here but looks like he's fallen into old habits. If we can recoup a decent price for him, I'd move him on.

He's not been good as of late when he's played but not as bad as some make out in my opinion

TCO he has to earn the right to be in the team, yet he doesnt look as if he should work for that right.

• Backroom

From what nicko and others have said I think pascal may fall into the assou-ekotto mold of player especially considering his background.

However even if football is just a wage to him (which is fine by me) he should still be willing to put it all in to earn that wage. If he isn't then move him

on because we have an older right back who has won it all but has a real passion to win

• 6 months later...

Why we signed a mercenary right back to play left back anyway is criminal in its own right, going forward he is fine, defensively he is shocking, not got a clue why Sam thought he would be any different here to any of his other clubs.

Last 3 games our left back position has been hammered it comes as no suprise to the thousands of fans that recognized it as a problem area the minute Warnock was sold.

Not just based on today, but he's a clown. Who would have guessed that little over a year later, the 3 scorers in our win against the Dingles would be effectively finished?

It must be "The curse of the Dingles". Whatever happened to Jason McAteer? And did Matt Janson score against them?

I still don't get why Sam didn't sub him ASAP. He didn't have a problem doing it to Salgado (vs. Spurs) who was playing WELL!

I think it was because the game was already lost and he wanted Chimbonda to suffer. He'll now have more evidence of why to not offer him a new contract.

• Backroom

That's just daft Sam doesn't need evidence to prove whether to keep him.

He was kept on because olsson was injured and givet was ill and only on the bench to make up numbers.

Personally I dont care how much grief I'll get for this but I won't mind too much if he gets a new contract he had an abomination yesterday but he isn't as bad as made out.

I would rather we focus on other areas of the squad before right back and left back.

We should be looking for better but right now a midfielder is more of a concern.

Have said this for a while now, I am really fed up with Chimbonda - very occasionally he can look decent with ball at his feet but his defending is just not good enough.

He does not get stuck in and always shirks a challenge - too casual, hopefully he goes in January or the summer.

That's just daft Sam doesn't need evidence to prove whether to keep him.

He was kept on because olsson was injured and givet was ill and only on the bench to make up numbers.

Personally I dont care how much grief I'll get for this but I won't mind too much if he gets a new contract he had an abomination yesterday but he isn't as bad as made out.

I would rather we focus on other areas of the squad before right back and left back.

We should be looking for better but right now a midfielder is more of a concern.

I hope Sam doesn't think your way. IMO due to his transfer history Pascal is on over 40k a week and probably among the top five earners at the club. No chance is he getting a new contract.

Have said this for a while now, I am really fed up with Chimbonda - very occasionally he can look decent with ball at his feet but his defending is just not good enough.

He does not get stuck in and always shirks a challenge - too casual, hopefully he goes in January or the summer.

If a player lacks this much in effort and doesnt seem to care I hope he never puts on the blue and white halves again! I couldnt be arsed how good he is when he obviously doesnt care at all about doing his best, getting stuck in and fighting.

Archived