BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chimbonda

Hughesy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I dont care how much grief I'll get for this but I won't mind too much if he gets a new contract he had an abomination yesterday but he isn't as bad as made out.

I'm glad you're not the manager. Too many overpaid, average players on big money at Rovers. Shift him ASAP and find a REAL left-back, preferably one who can tackle and close down.

Have said this for a while now, I am really fed up with Chimbonda - very occasionally he can look decent with ball at his feet but his defending is just not good enough.

He does not get stuck in and always shirks a challenge - too casual, hopefully he goes in January or the summer.

Spot on. His other biggest problem for me is he never stops crosses coming in. Just backs off and throws a half arsed foot in the air in the hope that it doesn't hit him.

Infuriates me that a guy with so little passion gets paid in a week more than I do in a year!

Last game at Ewood, he was too busy having hissy fits and strops to get on with the game. Very disappointed, get over it Pascal, you are honoured to be wearing the blue and white shirt, do it justice please or don't let the door etc ...

I can't believe Nelsen is mentioned in the same sentence as 'Chimbonda's horrible back-pass' :lol: Nelsen pointed to pass back to Robinson not Berbatov, the weight on the pass was all wrong but blame Nelsen for obstructing Chimbonda's view, Chimbonda obviously couldn't see Berbatov ;)

Just a point, Jones' back-pass against Spurs, if Pavlyuchenko had scored, alexanders and all the others who said something similar, would you be saying this about Jones.......... 'I hope he never puts on the blue and white halves again'?

I can't believe Nelsen is mentioned in the same sentence as 'Chimbonda's horrible back-pass' :lol: Nelsen pointed to pass back to Robinson not Berbatov, the weight on the pass was all wrong but blame Nelsen for obstructing Chimbonda's view, Chimbonda obviously couldn't see Berbatov ;)

Just a point, Jones' back-pass against Spurs, if Pavlyuchenko had scored, alexanders and all the others who said something similar, would you be saying this about Jones.......... 'I hope he never puts on the blue and white halves again'?

Give it a rest will you.

It's the Chimbonda thread, yet you turn it in to the "Don't pick on my Nelly" thread yet again.

Just start a Nelsen thread and stick up for him on that.

My opinion on Chimbonda is that he's rubbish and looks like he's just in it for the money more than the Footie.

Of course they wouldn't! Jones is a young lad giving his all who made an error, Chimbonda is a half arsed mercenary who is a waste of a talent, has a poor attitude and is a total liability.

Of course they wouldn't! Jones is a young lad giving his all who made an error, Chimbonda is a half arsed mercenary who is a waste of a talent, has a poor attitude and is a total liability.

That's all I wanted to know, it just seemed a bit of a harsh comment after a bad game, also he was playing out of position ;)

• Backroom

You're fighting a losing battle RIML it's best to just back out quietly. The backlash against him is too harsh and he'll have my full backing as long as he's a rover.

For the record his backpass was potentially far less costly than Sambas show of stupidness against Sunderland.

Give it a rest will you.

It's the Chimbonda thread, yet you turn it in to the "Don't pick on my Nelly" thread yet again.

Just start a Nelsen thread and stick up for him on that.

My opinion on Chimbonda is that he's rubbish and looks like he's just in it for the money more than the Footie.

It's comments like this, 'pretty awful the way he guided Chimbondas horrible back-pass by pointing him in that direction' that make me go on about Nelsen so much. Nelsen tried to help Chimbonda out by pointing to pass back to Robinson, it's not his fault Chimbonda's back-pass was too short. I thought you'd agree.

You're fighting a losing battle RIML it's best to just back out quietly. The backlash against him is too harsh and he'll have my full backing as long as he's a rover.

For the record his backpass was potentially far less costly than Sambas show of stupidness against Sunderland.

I suppose the analogy between Jones' back pass and Chimbonda's wasn't a great comparison, as Chimbonda has made a couple of costly mistakes in games when he's failed to block crosses and Jones hasn't made any costly mistakes that I can remember.

Chimbonda will get my full backing too as long as he's a Rover.

Oh TCO, it's the Chimbonda thread, don't turn it into a Samba one ;)

That's all I wanted to know, it just seemed a bit of a harsh comment after a bad game, also he was playing out of position ;)

He's meant to be able to play all across the back line.

I'll wager he's played 40 games at least at left back for us and Spuds, that's hardly out of position.

He's pants, he was before we signed him and he still is.

Nelsen should have know what what was going on around him he should shoulder blamd as much as "banana's on his feet". Fact is not one player can take any credit from Saturday, worst result in our premier league history. Here's hoping they are chomping at the bit to turn "the Wolves" into lame dogs.

• Backroom

You are right and I am taking my own advice and bowing out of the thread.

I will say I would only keep chimbonda on as backup and replace if we can but fact is we need numbers, 2 weeks ago people wanted rid of Givet, after Chelsea people screamed about Ollson at LB so we are a bit stuck.

He's meant to be able to play all across the back line.

I'll wager he's played 40 games at least at left back for us and Spuds, that's hardly out of position.

He's pants, he was before we signed him and he still is.

Nelsen should have know what what was going on around him he should shoulder blamd as much as "banana's on his feet". Fact is not one player can take any credit from Saturday, worst result in our premier league history. Here's hoping they are chomping at the bit to turn "the Wolves" into lame dogs.

It's not his preferred position ;) Jones has played a lot of games in midfield but it doesn't make him a decent midfielder, just like Chimbonda has played 40 games at left back it doesn't make him a decent left back. He does a good job going forward, he played well against Newcastle in a more advanced role.

It's not his preferred position ;) Jones has played a lot of games in midfield but it doesn't make him a decent midfielder, just like Chimbonda has played 40 games at left back it doesn't make him a decent left back. He does a good job going forward, he played well against Newcastle in a more advanced role.

Its a mirror of his role on the right, He's a full back, left back is a full back position he should be able to more than do all the basics. Instead he lets players spin him around like a toy top. He was signed by us to play left back and since he must also play there in training I could reword what I've said and say he's probably been playing that role for at least 18 months and thats just here.

As for Jones, its not the same as moving into central midfield which is completely different to CB.

RIML, please don't tell me you're trying to defend Chimbonda!!!!

It wasn't his backpass, as stupid as it was, which was so bad - these things happen. It's the rest of the goals that were his fault - I'm sure for one of them someone sailed past him twice. He didn't put in, or even attempt to put in a single tackle the entire game. Whether he's one footed or not, he's still supposed to be a defender.

Its a mirror of his role on the right, He's a full back, left back is a full back position he should be able to more than do all the basics. Instead he lets players spin him around like a toy top. He was signed by us to play left back and since he must also play there in training I could reword what I've said and say he's probably been playing that role for at least 18 months and thats just here.

As for Jones, its not the same as moving into central midfield which is completely different to CB.

Salgado is a full back but he'd probably be just as bad as Chimbonda playing at left back.

It's not the first time she's done this tactic.

Enter a topic and blindly defend Nelsen. People start calling her a fangirl. So to prove otherwise, she blindly defends someone else who's had a stinker - i.e. Chimbonda, you know, to show she's not biased. ;)

It wasn't his backpass, as stupid as it was, which was so bad - these things happen. It's the rest of the goals that were his fault - I'm sure for one of them someone sailed past him twice. He didn't put in, or even attempt to put in a single tackle the entire game. Whether he's one footed or not, he's still supposed to be a defender.

No, I was referring to a comment by alexanders, I just wanted to know if they would make a similar comment about the mistakes the other defenders have made and I used the Jones' back pass as a comparison. And Chimbonda attempted one tackle and won it ;)

Salgado is a full back but he'd probably be just as bad as Chimbonda playing at left back.

But Salgado hasn't spent the best part of two years training as one.

Oh and I reckon even playing at left back with 2 right feet and a blindfold he'd have put in a better shift than Chiimbonda did.

It's not the first time she's done this tactic.

Enter a topic and blindly defend Nelsen. People start calling her a fangirl. So to prove otherwise, she blindly defends someone else who's had a stinker - i.e. Chimbonda, you know, to show she's not biased. ;)

fangirl????

I reckon she's a :

bunnyboiler-thumb-420x315.jpg

Archived