BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chimbonda

Hughesy

His goal against Burnley was worth £1.5m alone. (Sorry, you beat me to it).

Problem with Chimbonda is that, since his days at Wigan, he just dissipates into a non-entity. It's a shame because if he just concentrated on his football and working hard to get into the first team, he'd have been a good asset to the team.

Purple patch by an average player.

1.5M, sorry not worth it for me especially when you consider he's on about 25K a week as well = 2 million.

So 3.5 million for one goal, mental. If only you could factor in all the goals he's cost us as well.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 3.5 million for one goal, mental. If only you could factor in all the goals he's cost us as well.

Well, we can start with seven last week...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was on more than £25k p/week. All that talk about wanting a new contract when he wasn't even playing speaks volumes about the player.

Chimbonda is one of the most frustrating players we have at Rovers - when he first arrived he put in the effort, throwing himself into last ditch tackles - with a never say die attitude to defending - allied with a fair degree of footballing skill and pace. Since those early days - for me - he has just grown lazy - half hearted attempts to stop crosses or goal attempts - struggles to run back - and a total lack of concentration. IMO he was a strange signing anyway - but he won me over in his first few matches - he has since lost any support I had for him. I wouldn't say waste of space - but definitely a waste of talent - he could have been an absolutely first class defender but he obviously has motivational issues.

Spot on. Was going to post on the subject but this sums it up perfectly. Will be a lot of wages freed up, although once again we're going to be short on full backs. Salgado can't go on forever. Shame we got rid of Lars.

ANY!!!! footballer who wears tights,gloves ,snoozes (or whatever the soft arses wear ) or hats should be banned from footy.!!!!! MAN UP FFS!!!!!!! when I played many moons ago even in winter it was short sleeved shirt hahaha.

On a seriuos note he has been told hes being released in jan,so if if he isnt good enough to play for us then why is good enough now? or at mould trafford?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally he left. One of the worst players Ive seen in 20 years of supporting rovers

Taken from his Twitter account -

elijwonj pascal chimbonda

Another day stress about my future what the (Please don't use that word again) life its not easy lol

Must be hard getting paid thousands and thousands every week. These footballers need to get in the real world.

Taken from his Twitter account -

elijwonj pascal chimbonda

Another day stress about my future what the (Please don't use that word again) life its not easy lol

Must be hard getting paid thousands and thousands every week. These footballers need to get in the real world.

Chimbonda is the very problem with modern day footballers.

Glad he's gone. I won't miss his sheepish attempts to block a cross.

Archived