BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brett Emerton

Can't find the Emerton thread (mods/admins feel free to merge if you can find it).

How good has Bert been since he has come back from injury? He was arguably our best performing and consistent player before he suffered that injury, played really well under Ince and Sam. He has come back fully fit and looks like he is continuing his decent form.

The guy is immense, is there a more hard-working player in this side? or someone who has the energy that this guy has? His commitment, determination and heart are second to none.

6 years at the club, a fantastic servant that has given his all. I hope he stays for many more years to come.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you his Dad? Brett Emerton, immense? Really?

He needs to play centre mid all the time. Alongside N'Zonzi. That would work really well in my opinion.

He's a crap winger and an average right back.

Harsh on the crap winger comment, and incorrect on the average right back. I thought he wasn't that bad at right back and linked up really well with Bentley on the overlap.

I agree with your comments on him being a central midfielder though, that would probably be his best position.

On creating the thread, the old one seems to have disappeared so i thought it would be a good idea to create another one considering how well he is playing at the moment (looking at the comments from recent games most agree he is playing really well at the moment and is a vital part of our team.)

He is average at right back, if he was any better than that we would be playing him there. He's infitely better in that position than he is at right wing. He's an awful winger, always has been. All his atributes point towards him being an excellent box-to-box midfielder - and I think he'd score a few goals in that position too.

Are you his Dad? Brett Emerton, immense? Really?

He needs to play centre mid all the time. Alongside N'Zonzi. That would work really well in my opinion.

You must be thinking of a different play to me. Emo is a good right back, a good right midfielder, a good central midfielder, decent right winger.

I do think that the right of a 3 man midfield suits him well.

You must be thinking of a different play to me. Emo is a good right back, a good right midfielder, a good central midfielder, decent right winger.

I do think that the right of a 3 man midfield suits him well.

Yep, we're definitely thinking of a different player.

Can't find the Emerton thread (mods/admins feel free to merge if you can find it).

How good has Bert been since he has come back from injury? He was arguably our best performing and consistent player before he suffered that injury, played really well under Ince and Sam. He has come back fully fit and looks like he is continuing his decent form.

The guy is immense, is there a more hard-working player in this side? or someone who has the energy that this guy has? His commitment, determination and heart are second to none.

6 years at the club, a fantastic servant that has given his all. I hope he stays for many more years to come.

Absolute spot on RibbleValleyRover. For a guy to have a serious injury such as cruciate knee damage & not even have to ease himself back into the team over a period of time like most players would have to who suffer this injury is a credit to the player himself with all the hours of work he must have put in, in the gym during his rehabilitation.

I thought on saturday against Stoke he put a very good shift in, but last night i do think you're right when you say he was immense, which he was - 120 minutes of non-stop running, drive, commitment and determination, all which you mentioned, one of the first name's on the team sheet now.

He is average at right back, if he was any better than that we would be playing him there. He's infitely better in that position than he is at right wing. He's an awful winger, always has been. All his atributes point towards him being an excellent box-to-box midfielder - and I think he'd score a few goals in that position too.

Hasn't always been an awful winger. He played one incredible game on the wing against wolves on his debut. 5-1 if i remember correctly.

Emerton is an average Right back, those claiming he's brilliant or very good obviously haven't seen him enough. When he was playing there majority of the teams attacked us on his side as they knew he was the weak link in our defence. Couldn't head the ball and was average at tackling.

Not taking anything away from the lad but I have to agree with T4E, in the sense he would make a good box-to-box midfielder.

Emerton is a big player for us now. Strong, powerful and fast.

....... Somehow during the surgery he had on his cruciate the surgeon has managed to alter the angle of his foot cos he now seems to have gained the ability to regularly whip in good dangeropus crosses.

Emerton is a big player for us now. Strong, powerful and fast.

....... Somehow during the surgery he had on his cruciate the surgeon has managed to alter the angle of his foot cos he now seems to have gained the ability to regularly whip in good dangeropus crosses.

....... Maybe Pedersen should consider a visit to the same surgeon then? ;)

Emerton is an average Right back, those claiming he's brilliant or very good obviously haven't seen him enough. When he was playing there majority of the teams attacked us on his side as they knew he was the weak link in our defence. Couldn't head the ball and was average at tackling.

Not taking anything away from the lad but I have to agree with T4E, in the sense he would make a good box-to-box midfielder.

When Hughes finally started to play him at right-back, he was terrific. That was for a whole season or more. He is a far better than average right-back. What makes him so versatile is that he is a tremendous athlete. He's had his critics over the years but not anymore!

Youre missing the biggest plus, he's an Aussie!!

an Aussies mentality is right for sports, they are confident and are winners!!

Heres a few, Neil, Cahill, Schwarzer, Emerton, Grella, similar mentalities!!

Emerton is a great club player and will go down as a Rovers legend!!

The problem is with Bert is that he can belt up the pitch with the ball then often has to wait for everyone else to get up there for him to pass to as he has more pace than them. It used to infuriate me how he stopped dead when he got to a certain spot, but I'm beginning to enjoy it, because whoever is tracking him usually keeps going on a hiding to nothing! One of Bert's problems is that he takes a few seconds to get going, a bit like Stevie Reid (although Stevie is much worse for that!)

Bert is a legend and the team is much better with him in it, in my humble opinion.

The problem is with Bert is that he can belt up the pitch with the ball then often has to wait for everyone else to get up there for him to pass to as he has more pace than them. It used to infuriate me how he stopped dead when he got to a certain spot, but I'm beginning to enjoy it, because whoever is tracking him usually keeps going on a hiding to nothing! One of Bert's problems is that he takes a few seconds to get going, a bit like Stevie Reid (although Stevie is much worse for that!)

Bert is a legend and the team is much better with him in it, in my humble opinion.

I wonder if all the current rave reviews of supporters toward Emo are anything to do with the direct comparison with the bloke he is keeping out? :tu:

Brets definitely a first teamer for Rovers though his weaknesess are hes pretty poor at heading a ball and second give him enough time to think about a situation he'll just go dead.

First half when he had the ball in the Darwen end box with just a Chelsea defender in front of him, Bret didnt know what to do next as he stood still confronted by this defender eventually Bret not knowing what to do next simply fell down.

• Backroom

Emerton definately has the attributes to be a box-to-box mid. An excellent engine, good passer of the ball, gets stuck in. He's less impressive on RW (Although still leagues ahead of EHD) and when we've got Salgado, Jacobsen and Chimbonda at the club there needs to be no talk of him playing right-back (although I think for Feyenoord he played as a right wing back?).

Archived