BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brett Emerton

And he was jolly good at right back. And centre mid as well.

Shame the injury seems to have finished him.

Emerton was one of those players you could always rely on to do a solid job, the type who'd never cost you a game. Sure he wasn't the best right mid, but I really felt he was an asset at right back and centre mid.

Personally I think there's a few players in the team I'd get rid of before Bert, and pre-injury Bert, there'd be a lot who'd be a higher priority to shift.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett Emerton summed up in one sentence. Which shows just how one dimensional he is.

It's quite depressing that someone so average has spent so long at our football club.

We only won today because I said that.

You're welcome.

Brett was pretty poor last night, but a brilliant finiish to save us in the end. Brett still has the ability, but he's clearly lacking in confidence. Hopefully, last night's goal will give him a much needed boost.

Pretty poor? What do you expect?

None of our other players can appear to keep or pass the ball - Brett worked so hard and it was decent finish, which won us the game.

We are Blackburn Rovers FFS, cannot just afford to get rid of anyone we don't rate - the manager can't do that for a start.

I agree with the comment that very few (if any) of our players know how to keep the ball. The big problem is that they are so used to seeing the ball 50 feet in the air that when it does land at their feet they appear to have forgotten how to use it or what to do with it. Almost every game we see our percentage of possession at an embarrassing low. I don't dislike Sam but the football we are playing is awful even if it may be effective. Keep this up long enough and the few players we do have who are capable of keeping the ball for longer than 3 seconds will be off.

You should watch yesterday's match again. We played good football on the ground yesterday but some refuse to notice it and only see high balls. There were a couple of clowns behind me yesterday who were mouthing off all match and hardly watching the actual game. They seemed to think every mistake and poor touch was Big Sam's fault literally. It got annoying and then comedy gold at the end...

• 3 months later...

Have you seen Emerton play recently?

Yeah..hit and miss like lots of others.

Scored a great goal recently..puts a shift in if nothing else.

I'd be looking to dump Dunn long before Emerton.

Also,you miss the main point I made;our squad is now threadbare after the recent injuries

That's the problem with our squad, too many run-of-the-mill players in midfield. Plenty who can put a shift in, but no one special. No Tugay types, who can keep possession and dictate the tempo or even a Savage type, who makes a nuisance of himself and rallies his team-mates. There was a time when Dunn was our stand-out player and now he's off to the knacker's yard.

Youre missing the biggest plus, he's an Aussie!!

an Aussies mentality is right for sports, they are confident and are winners!!

Heres a few, Neil, Cahill, Schwarzer, Emerton, Grella, similar mentalities!!

Emerton is a great club player and will go down as a Rovers legend!!

You were doing well until you mentioned Grella.

Well the Jack of all trades and master of none turned up again at right back today. I'm not sure Sam ever played him there?

Will we see a return of Emerton playing in the full back position?

Its is a nice cheap way of covering for Chimbonda to be replaced.

Think he played there once or twice, and it would be good to see him return there (personally thought that's where he's been best for us) but when does that Asian Cup thing start? Can't be too long before he's away for a month or so. If he's missing for New Year's Day, who's going to play RB at Sunderland I wonder?

Archived