BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am happy that we got England first, as it seems upsets usually happen in the first of the group matches (especially thinking of when we beat Columbia, when we beat Portugal, when Cameroon beat Argentina(?), etc.)

I feel for South Africa they've got a stinker of a group really and will need to play at the top of the game to progress from the group stage.

As for England's group, can't really complain. It should be easy enough but the word 'easy' isn't in the dictionary when it comes to the English national football team. Spain are the team to beat for me though they've got quality throughout their squad whereas England have got a quality first team you worry if we get injuries and have to use some of the back-up players.

I have to agree with American. I feel we have a very good chance to progress the game vs England will be huge for us and I feel that we can pull

off the upset and win our other two games IF we show up to play. Kinda bummed that big brad has retired but Tim Howard and brad guzan arnt bad replacements by any means. Just really hoping that we start our overseas experanced players vs our mls players which I'm sure well do seeing as the level of play the get week in and week out will help tramedsly seeing as most of englanfs players play in the EPL. Over all excited and can't wait for it to start!

Wow, what a draw! Not only do we have the easiest group, but we have the better side of the draw as well.

I can see us getting Ghana in the second round, Germany in the quarters and then we just have to get past one of two hugely under-performing / un-inspiring teams in France or Argentina.

If we're ever going to get to a World Cup final, this is our year. Under Capello, I can see it happening.

I can honestly see an England - Brazil final (providing we avoid injuries to kep players).

Wow, what a draw! Not only do we have the easiest group, but we have the better side of the draw as well.

I can see us getting Ghana in the second round, Germany in the quarters and then we just have to get past one of two hugely under-performing / un-inspiring teams in France or Argentina.

If we're ever going to get to a World Cup final, this is our year. Under Capello, I can see it happening.

I can honestly see an England - Brazil final (providing we avoid injuries to kep players).

Will Germany not be in the other side of the draw to us if we assume that we both win the group.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/kostage.html We would be 1c and they would be 1d.

Haha, good old fashioned patriotism - I like it! I'm really looking forward to that game.

I'm not under-estimating the Americans but, you must admit, our group draw is rather favourable. Unfortunately, our half of the draw after the group stages is awful. Another World Cup disappointment, I feel.

Good luck Icers.

This is Spain's World Cup to lose. They also have an easy qualifying group.

Early predictions- Group A is anybody's four evenly matched mediocrities and I fancy France to go home early if Dominech is still in charge.

Argentina not to qualify from their Group B unless they get lucky or sack Maradonna before May.

England to win all three Group matches- there will be no nasty surprises under Capello and it is a toss up for who comes second between the other three. If Slovenia can beat Russia over two legs they can see off the USA whilst Algeria are nobody's mugs.

Germany will win their Group but will be so scarred by the experience they cannot win the World Cup. Serbia to qualify, Ghana null points. The Australians are screwed by playing Germany in their first game.

Cameroon v Denmark decides second place behind the Netherlands in their Group.

Italy like Germany will have a huge struggle to qualify but will do so. The Kiwis could give the Italians some grief before losing. Paraguay's fixtures are in the wrong order otherwise I'd have fancied them to pip Slovakia.

Spain and Switzerland in the easiest to forecast Group.

If any of my Rover buddies have a spare ticket, for any game please let me know. Still cant get hold of one for afternoon kickoff at Greenpoint stadium. Tough group for SA, but its vital we dont lose our opening game against Mexico.

Guest Kamy100

Great draw for England. I would not underestimate the Americans, they are a very organised side that have proven in the last 12 months that they are able to get results against the very best.

I would love us to win it but think that when we come up against a technically superior side (Brazil, Spain et al) we will struggle.

Really looking forward to this World Cup.

England couldn`t have wished for a better draw.........on paper.

Republic of Ireland France :glare::lol: will be happy with their opponents too (sorry Irish Rovers fans, couldn`t resist that one. :unsure: )

I`m predicting Spain to win the cup.

Can a mod do a 'predict the winners' poll?? :huh:

What a great opening match as well. South Africa v Mexico, a match that will probably have the most viewers from the whole group stage. 2 culturally magnificent countries battling it out for 3 points. Brililant for the neutral.

I'd rather have Beckham representing English football than Charlize Theron. What was she on :mellow:

It was the most embarrasing thing ever. They couldnt have got a worse host than Charlize. Ive got nothing against her, she is beautiful and has done well for herself. But those giggles and weired comments were irritating as hell.

Am happy that we got England first, as it seems upsets usually happen in the first of the group matches (especially thinking of when we beat Columbia, when we beat Portugal, when Cameroon beat Argentina(?), etc.)

You beat Colombia in the second game...but generally it is true that upsets seem to happen in the first game.

Archived