Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Ronaldinho for Brazil in the initial 23 man squad

Torres, Xavi & Fabreglass included in Spain squad

Viera & Nasri left out of the France squad.

Also the French squad has been hit with news that 2 players (Ribery & Benzema) could face jail because of the youngster below:

Zahia-Dehar-hot.jpg

Once again Rovers English players overlooked. Granted we only had one with a decent shout of getting in and Dunn might have been considered if he had played a full season but to not take Robbo is unbelieveable, especially when your taking an aging keeper from a team was relegated and a keeper from a team JUST escaped relegation, utter bull$hit.

Once again I will be supporting my adopted homeland and cheering on the other Antipodean team, England can go to hell, hope we get knocked out in the group stages.

Maradona surprices again.

None of Cambiasso or Zanetti in the 30-man squad. Both om them are going to the Champions League finals against Bayern Munich and are looking to get a treble by winning the Serie A and the cup as well. Cambiasso was brilliant against Barcelona and was the one who stepped up and stopped messi, xavi, pedro, zlatan and the others.

Maradona hasn't a clue what he's doing. Zanetti is one of the finest players Argentina has ever produced and is still a mainstay in a very good Inter side. Cambiasso has been fantastic in the Champions League campaign. He's also left out Gago and Barcelona's Milito (I mean, who really wants to draw on players from Real and Barca?).

I think it's a disgrace that Paul Robinson isn't in the England team. He's had a very good season, helping us to finish 10th and get 13th clean sheets. He's a far better option than Robert Green is anyway. Elsewhere I'm shocked that Maradona has left out Zanetti, Cambiasso, Milito and Gago. Actually I'm not shocked as the guy hasn't a clue what he is doing. You would have said that all four players would have been shoe in's for the starting 11, let alone the 23 man squad. Zanetti is one of the greatest players of his generation, is the captain of Inter Milan and has had another fine season. Maradona has said that he will be playing with four centre backs in defence. So I imagine someone like Coloccini will be at right back instead of Zanetti! On top of that, Maradona picks Nicolas Burdisso, the very player that Zanetti is keeping out of the Inter team. Beggars belief. Cambiasso is another reason that Inter have gotten to the Champions League with his hard tackling style in the centre of midfield. Fernando Gago has displaced Lassana Diarra, who was probably Real's best player last season, and is exactly the type of player that you need at international level; win the ball and give it to Messi and Di Maria to go and destroy teams. Milito has battled back from a serious injury and has been playing regularly for Barcelona. I would rather have him than a guy who plays for Newcastle or Colon.

Elsewhere, I like the look of the Serbia team. They are my dark horses for the World Cup. They've been hit with the usual pre-World Cup injuries to their big players. At the last World Cup it was Nemanja Vidic, this year it is Sevilla's Ivica Dragutinovic and Geno's brilliant Bosko Jankovic. Despite that, I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Vidic, Ivanovic, Subotic, Krasic, Kuzmanovic, Kacar, Stankovic and Pantellic playing on the world stage. I was also looking at the Spain squad and the forwards that they have to pick from is just frightening. How do you pick five from Santiago Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Juan Manuel Mata, Pedro Rodriguez, Daniel Guiza, Fernando Llorente, Alvaro Negredo, Fernando Torres and David Villa? And those guys are going to be getting the ball from Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Silva!

Sam Allardyce on SSN saying how shocked he is that Robinson hasn't been picked for the England squad, he said there isn't a more consistant english keeper, also said that Capello must have something against Robinson as a person.

Maradonna is a joke. If he wasnt in charge Argentina would be my favourites to win the competition with the players they could choose from. Gago and Cambiaso have been two of the most importiant players in their sides this year. Whats he thinking. Also how does Guitierrez get in?

Spain the team to beat again this year i think, their midfield and forward line is immense.

if you were maradona, what formation would you play? his attacking options are amazing

Higuain or Millito

De Maria - Messi - Teves - Aguero

Shame they've got players like Veron, Coloccini and Gutierrez to complement these.

Milito and Tevez for me. Higuain is an excellent player but Milito is a proper centre forward and Tevez has been fantastic this season. Obviously Messi plays too but not necessarily up front.

I'd go with a forward three of Tevez, Higuain and Messi. But it would have been based on having two holding midfielders like Gago and Cambiasso playing too. I could see just a straight 4-4-2, with Di Maria and Messi on the wings and Tevez and Higuain up front. Veron is going to be at the heart of the midfield which is worrying, as I doubt he has the legs to get around the pitch. This again highlights the madness of not bring two world class central midfielders.

Maradona hasn't a clue what he's doing. Zanetti is one of the finest players Argentina has ever produced and is still a mainstay in a very good Inter side. Cambiasso has been fantastic in the Champions League campaign. He's also left out Gago and Barcelona's Milito (I mean, who really wants to draw on players from Real and Barca?).

To me the Argentina squad still looks pretty good. Suprised at the omission of Zanetti inparticularly think he's one of the best fullbacks in the world. Can understand Cambiasso missing out a little because he's a very similiar player to Mascherano who's been included.

You do wonder about Maradona's managing ability at times though. Be interesting to see who they start upfront with Tevez, Messi, Aguero, Milito and Higuian in the squad. Can't think of many teams that can boast a strikerforce as good as that.

Aguero is a brilliant player though I can see him being sacrificed for the bulk and aggression that Milito/Higuian and Tevez bring to a team.

To me the Argentina squad still looks pretty good. Suprised at the omission of Zanetti inparticularly think he's one of the best fullbacks in the world. Can understand Cambiasso missing out a little because he's a very similiar player to Mascherano who's been included.

It looks ok. The absence of four of the leading Argentine players in European football (2 of whom are in the Champions League final) is bizarre though. How Coloccini has won a place over a guy who plays in central defence for Barcelona is beyond me.

Mascherano and Cambiasso were both at the last World Cup. But then the Argies had a proper coach then too.

Breaking News on Sky - John Terry done his metatarsal!

If only - he's a disaster waiting to happen for England.

Can't believe Jagielka wasn't in the the 30 - but Upson was?! Very surprised that Zamora was omitted but Heskey included too.

Still can't see past Spain for the winners.

Archived