BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We'Ve Got A Semi (Thread) On

Ste B

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's called bigging one self up I believe Trent. Popular with the young folk, particularly those who have not followed Rovers that long, and are unaware of our innate ability to cock things up on a regular basis.

Are you referring to me Ozzie? Im hardly young, and been a supporter for 23 years now. Granted ive never been to Ewood, i wouldnt call being confident as being a problem.

I like this sort of logic, as it never really makes any sense. Team A beats team B, so it must mean we'll beat team C.

Your logic falls down when you consider that Villa’s first XI beat Chelsea’s first XI. That’s not to say we’re better than Chelsea, that would be ridiculous, but your line of thought is muddled, to put it nicely.

I think you guys are to easy to wind up. I maintain that the Chelsea team that played us, is a better team than Villa. I also said if we play as we did against Chelsea, then we will beat Villa. That is what confidence is all about. You guys are to quick to jump on little things.

I think you guys are to easy to wind up. I maintain that the Chelsea team that played us, is a better team than Villa. I also said if we play as we did against Chelsea, then we will beat Villa. That is what confidence is all about. You guys are to quick to jump on little things.

Chelsea (vs. us)

Hilario

Ivanovic

Ferreira

Belletti

Zhirkov

Joe Cole

Mikel

Ballack

Malouda

Deco

Kalou

Villa (vs. Hull)

Friedel

Young

Dunne

Cuellar

Warnock

Young

Milner

Petrov

Downing

Agbonlahor

Heskey

-------------------------------------

The Chelsea side is clearly superior, yet we shouldn't be fooled because this was a "very weakened" Chelsea side. It makes no odds when they have more talent on offer than Villa have. That's not say it won't be a difficult game, but I think TrentVilla gives his side a little too much credit, and Chelsea's squad not enough.

For the semi's with Sheff Weds a few years back, both clubs slashed prices and layed on free travel... it worked a treat attendance wise.

We didn't even sell out for the Sheff Weds game, not a cat in hells chance we will sell out for Villa.

I'm affraid I don't think its very likely we will slash the ticket prices to enable you to bring more away fans.

Well both clubs struggle to sell out at home and you never sell out at Ewood just as we don't at Villa, so sounds a good plan to me. Empty seats are no good for anyone!

The Chelsea side is clearly superior, yet we shouldn't be fooled because this was a "very weakened" Chelsea side. It makes no odds when they have more talent on offer than Villa have. That's not say it won't be a difficult game, but I think TrentVilla gives his side a little too much credit, and Chelsea's squad not enough.

I said the Chelsea side was "very weakened" I believe what I actually said was "very clearly weakened" there is a very clear and distinct difference between the two things but feel free to miss quote me all you wish.

Well both clubs struggle to sell out at home and you never sell out at Ewood just as we don't at Villa, so sounds a good plan to me. Empty seats are no good for anyone!

We had over 39'000 at Villa Park on Saturday for a game against Hull so I don't think we are struggling too much to be honest and that was with the poor away support of Hull our ground only holds 42'000.

As for us not selling out Ewood I don't think we will struggle for the Semi final even at full price for the tickets.

As for the game at Villa Park I doubt there will be any empty seats in the home sections as for the away, as I said I don't think we are likely to reduce prices to help you bring more with you to do so wouldn't really make much sense.

We had over 39'000 at Villa Park on Saturday for a game against Hull so I don't think we are struggling too much to be honest and that was with the poor away support of Hull our ground only holds 42'000.

As for us not selling out Ewood I don't think we will struggle for the Semi final even at full price for the tickets.

As for the game at Villa Park I doubt there will be any empty seats in the home sections as for the away, as I said I don't think we are likely to reduce prices to help you bring more with you to do so wouldn't really make much sense.

I doubt Villa will struggle selling out for either leg.

What do you think the allocation for away fans will be for the Villa Park leg?

I doubt Villa will struggle selling out for either leg.

What do you think the allocation for away fans will be for the Villa Park leg?

Around the 6'700 mate you will have the upper and lower of the Witton Lane Stand (some people call it the Doug Ellis Stand) in the corner with the North Stand.

Behave yourself the sold out signs rarely go up at Villa Park.

Surely the prices have to be agreed with both clubs? You won't get too many Rovers on if you inflate the prices.

Who said anything about inflating prices?

Behave yourself the sold out signs rarely go up at Villa Park.

I didn't say they did.

We've averaged 40k for the last two seasons in a 42k stadium which given the fact the away end rarely sells out isn't bad really.

Who said anything about inflating prices?

I didn't say they did.

We've averaged 40k for the last two seasons in a 42k stadium which given the fact the away end rarely sells out isn't bad really.

Dont get drawn in to the attendance debate trent, its a favourite arguement of some lol. Im sure villa will sell whatever they get and we prob wont but thats just the way it is.

Archived