BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We'Ve Got A Semi (Thread) On

Ste B

Dont get drawn in to the attendance debate trent, its a favourite arguement of some lol. Im sure villa will sell whatever they get and we prob wont but thats just the way it is.

You are right mate the old attendance debate is always one to avoid and I'm not here to bicker, just here to talk football.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa regularly put offers on to get the crowds in, just like Rovers do... and i think something similar will be needed to get 2 full houses.

It's not just so our fans can get cheap tickets at your place, it's so that both sets of fans do at both legs in order to sell out as i doubt neither will at full price.

You are right mate the old attendance debate is always one to avoid and I'm not here to bicker, just here to talk football.

Yes we should be looking forward to the fact its a semi between 2 proper historical football clubs, all the media circus will be going into overdrive with the city/utd game but i think our tie will produce two cracking games.

Yes we should be looking forward to the fact its a semi between 2 proper historical football clubs, all the media circus will be going into overdrive with the city/utd game but i think our tie will produce two cracking games.

Exactly, while the media over hype the Manchester game we will be viewed as our game will be viewed as the toss up for who ends up being the cannon fodder for one of those two.

I agree I think our games will be entertaining and combative affairs our respective managers will ensure that although I suspect the football itself won't be to the liking of people like Wenger. Both sides will be very much up for it though so which ever side comes out on top wioll have to earn it.

If its not us in the final I like most Villa fans will be rooting for Blackburn over the two Manchester teams.

, as I said I don't think we are likely to reduce prices to help you bring more with you to do so wouldn't really make much sense.

That hasnt been suggested.

It was suggested, and I suspect will happen, that both clubs will agree to sensible pricing to enable both clubs to have a decent following. Id imagine that the prices at Ewood will be lower than at Villa Park, however I would be surprised (and disappointed) if top dollar was charged in either leg of the semi final. It is not about benefit of the away team (which is what you seem to keep referring to). It is for the benefit of both home AND away fans. Villa are now run by a decent crowd which is why I fully expect them to support a sensible pricing approach.

I don’t think there will be any problems with selling out at Villa Park, regardless of whether it is marked as a category AA game or not. However, I don’t expect the club to price it in such a manner, so you’ll be looking at something a little less that A prices, which are around £38.

Expect prices ranging between £25-35 for the semi-final at Villa Park.

I doubt Villa will struggle selling out for either leg.

What do you think the allocation for away fans will be for the Villa Park leg?

Trent has already given you a response, but I thought I might offer you mine. His figure is the maximum you would be allowed via both League Cup rules and the issues of segregation, so if you want it, that's what you'll get.

However, most clubs, ranging from little ‘uns on a day trip in the cup, to the bigger ones, have always taken an allocation of just over 5000, consisting of 4000 in the Upper North and 1100 in the Upper Witton corner- the section you normally get. The only exception to this has been Man United who took the extra 1750 tickets on offer. These tickets come from the normal second allocation section that away fans are offered at league games if they want them and its located in the Lower Witton corner.

If you’re planning to go to the game and if Blackburn decide to take the cup allocation (as they may just take the two league allocations instead) then I’d try and get in the Upper North. Apparently its a much better view.

I said the Chelsea side was "very weakened" I believe what I actually said was "very clearly weakened" there is a very clear and distinct difference between the two things but feel free to miss quote me all you wish.

Dress it up how you want. We both know what you were implying.

Dress it up how you want. We both know what you were implying.

What point is trying to be made here?

Blackburn beat a weakened Chelsea side and are through to the semi-finals. By all accounts it was an exciting game (no Alladyce- coincidence? ;) ). It is Chelsea’s prerogative to leave out their top players, particularly in the middle of the park and at centre half. By the same token they have to accept that the opposition’s chances of turning them over will increase, especially if they play well as you did.

If you have Kalou on the end of crosses instead of Drogba, then the chances are you’re not going to score as many as normal.

Their loss, your gain. You still had to play well yourself and you did.

What point is trying to be made here?

Blackburn beat a weakened Chelsea side and are through to the semi-finals. By all accounts it was an exciting game (no Alladyce- coincidence? ;) ). It is Chelsea’s prerogative to leave out their top players, particularly in the middle of the park and at centre half. By the same token they have to accept that the opposition’s chances of turning them over will increase, especially if they play well as you did.

If you have Kalou on the end of crosses instead of Drogba, then the chances are you’re not going to score as many as normal.

Their loss, your gain. You still had to play well yourself and you did.

It's an irrelevancy, because the Chelsea team was still superior to ourselves (and Villa's, I may add) on paper, and so I don't know why TrentVilla even bothered to make the point.

It's an irrelevancy, because the Chelsea team was still superior to ourselves (and Villa's, I may add) on paper, and so I don't know why TrentVilla even bothered to make the point.

I'd fancy the Villa to beat that Chelsea side more often than not at Villa Park. We beat their first XI more often than not at Villa Park.

It was a weakened side playing your first XI- players who have a lot of football under their belt and had clearly taken a look at the team sheet and realised that you could win it that night- and you did.

Villa been given 5000 tickets for Ewood with them being sold for £15 a ticket.

A quick look on the Villa website shows tickets for the second leg to be between £25 and £35 so it looks like they wont be reciprocating the cheap ticket offer for us (unless they change it).

Rovers have offered free travel to the game for Rovers fans.

BTW

Burnley havent been issued any ticket allocation BECAUSE YOUR NO LONGER IN IT :rolleyes:

Nah, you won't win it.

Beat you though, now ferk off idiot :tu:

Great gesture by the club once again, even though its torture going by official travel :wacko:

Villa been given 5000 tickets for Ewood with them being sold for £15 a ticket.

A quick look on the Villa website shows tickets for the second leg to be between £25 and £35 so it looks like they wont be reciprocating the cheap ticket offer for us (unless they change it).

BTW

Burnley havent been issued any ticket allocation BECAUSE YOUR NO LONGER IN IT :rolleyes:

Its more or less as I said. The top end tickets cost £35 and the cheapest cost £19. I assume that our 5000 is the lower Darwin, so more than likely an initial allocation. Very nice gesture from Blackburn to charge such an important game at £15- very reasonable indeed.

Very nice gesture from Blackburn to charge such an important game at £15- very reasonable indeed.

Worst Villa following in years for the league game, we had to try something :D

Its more or less as I said. The top end tickets cost £35 and the cheapest cost £19. I assume that our 5000 is the lower Darwin, so more than likely an initial allocation. Very nice gesture from Blackburn to charge such an important game at £15- very reasonable indeed.

Full upper and half the lower. Final allocation me thinks - same as Chelsea.

Worst Villa following in years for the league game, we had to try something :D

Yes, a hundred or so tickets left over from the allocation. Very odd when you consider that we'd brought 6500 the year before. Our attendances have been a few thousand down at home too.

I have a question for you. It’s not very exciting and it’s not very pressing, but I’ve always wondered...

Why is it that prior to your ‘taking back Ewood’ initiative, that you’d offer the lower Darwin as a first allocation of 4500 and then offer upstairs for however many were required, always leaving five rows empty at the front of the lower tier. I understand that United, the Dippers and the Bitters always bring 8000 down the road and get all the lower and that now we have an allocation of 5000 which works out as all the lower. But for the clubs that would bring a lot, if not the full whack, why were these seats always left empty?

Archived