BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We'Ve Got A Semi (Thread) On

Ste B

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes: I dont think there is any real reason behind it mate, it just seemed to happen.

Lets hope we see 5000 villa fans up here and take the game in good humour. There have been some cracking cup games between us over the years as well as some really good league matches.

I dont think Rovers will take more than 5000 fans south, even if we have a two goal lead, unles of course along with the free travel we see a reduced ticket price.

Am really looking forward to these games as I cant wait for Xmas to come and go

Yes, a hundred or so tickets left over from the allocation. Very odd when you consider that we'd brought 6500 the year before. Our attendances have been a few thousand down at home too.

I have a question for you. It’s not very exciting and it’s not very pressing, but I’ve always wondered...

Why is it that prior to your ‘taking back Ewood’ initiative, that you’d offer the lower Darwin as a first allocation of 4500 and then offer upstairs for however many were required, always leaving five rows empty at the front of the lower tier. I understand that United, the Dippers and the Bitters always bring 8000 down the road and get all the lower and that now we have an allocation of 5000 which works out as all the lower. But for the clubs that would bring a lot, if not the full whack, why were these seats always left empty?

They haven't been left empty for a while now (except Bumley)... Liverpool and Man City filled the whole Darwen end this season with no rows left empty. I would imagine that the first few rows are the last to be sold though, so it was probably against teams who didnt sell out.

Lets hope we see 5000 villa fans up here and take the game in good humour.

Fingers crossed it will be in good humour. The structuring of tickets has been set out in quite a stringent fashion, but unfortunately big allocations tend to see a lot our @#/? support coming out and casuing mischief. £15 tickets will probably not dissuade them a great deal.

Worst Villa following in years for the league game, we had to try something :D

That might have had something to so with the reduced allocation we were given by Blackburn (on police advice) after the Fernhurst pub incident last season.

That might have had something to so with the reduced allocation we were given by Blackburn (on police advice) after the Fernhurst pub incident last season.

A reduced allocation which you werent able to fill..?

But we cant really talk when it comes to away followings. Shame its two legs for the semi. Fancy our chances in a one off game but over two, Villa start as favourites. Quite like Villa to be honest, decent English talent throughout, plus obviously Brad. Can see us getting a result at Ewood but not sure about the reverse tie. We will have to take decent a lead to Villa Park in order to get through as we've been dreadfull there over the years.

I like Villa as a team. Plus their corporate 'heart' seems to be in the right place, with the Acorns logo. Almost a shame that we'll have to stomp them in the cup. I predict Rovers 3-1 AV at Ewood, and a 2-2 tie away. Man City to face us in the finals.

Dress it up how you want. We both know what you were implying.

You can keep trying to put words in my mouth as much as you want, I chose my words carefully and said exactly what I meant there is no hidden meaning. To be honest you are boring me and I suspect others in the thread so I'm not going to keep responding to your nonesense.

The only one dressing anything up is you dressing up as Mystic Meg and looking into your little crystal ball as you try to find some hidden meaning in what I write in the vain hope of proving your rather pathetic point.

Its helping OUR fans Majiball...Villa would have filled the whole Darwen end even if the tickets were priced at £30 no doubt.Giving them 5,000 means we have 25,000 home tickets to sell.....get buying!

My issue is we are offering cheap prices to the opposition as well. Will we get the same in return from Villa? and with 5,000 available and regular home crowds above 30,000 I don't (as you said) believe selling 5,000 at £30+ would have been an issue for a cup semi. Away fans should be paying the full amount, so we make as much money out of them as possible.

My issue is we are offering cheap prices to the opposition as well. Will we get the same in return from Villa? and with 5,000 available and regular home crowds above 30,000 I don't (as you said) believe selling 5,000 at £30+ would have been an issue for a cup semi. Away fans should be paying the full amount, so we make as much money out of them as possible.

You can't do that. You have to offer the same prices to away fans as to home fans in equivalent areas, as is only fair. For league games we have been getting round this by packaging some games together at a bargain price and then charging higher prices to those just coming to one game. So we could offer 3 games for £30 whilst charging away fans £25 a game.

Villa can probably charge higher prices and still be confident of filling the ground but as we all know we can't. As this season has proved, charging lower prices can have a positive effect on team performance, which in league terms may lead to a higher position and therefore more prize money, so it may well be cost effective as well. To date we have not lost a game when we've had home fans in the Darwen End.

Yeah was going to say the same as O2G - If we charged them £30 then us in the Blackburn End would have to pay the same - and our fans just wont do it for a game that is on TV and midweek.

£15 is fair and hopefully with that we will see at least at 25k crowd.... :unsure:

I know for a fact il be wanting 2 extra tickets for both the home & away games.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 22:55 PM

Just out of curiousity...

If we do win, how do i go about getting tickets for the final?? Is it just standard online booking through the club or is there another proccess ??

It will probably go on sale to season ticket holders that have been to a few of the cup games. Then just season ticket holders, then I think on general sale.

We'll get an allocation just under 30,000 which we may struggle to sell out but you never know. I'd say it'll be similar to the Semi-Final VS Chelsea a few seasons back.

Yeah was going to say the same as O2G - If we charged them £30 then us in the Blackburn End would have to pay the same - and our fans just wont do it for a game that is on TV and midweek.

£15 is fair and hopefully with that we will see at least at 25k crowd.... :unsure:

I know for a fact il be wanting 2 extra tickets for both the home & away games.

Should do what the red scum do and have a much reduced price for memebers ie; those on the database.

Have a standard price of £30 and a price of £15 to members. SIMPLES

Should do what the red scum do and have a much reduced price for memebers ie; those on the database.

Have a standard price of £30 and a price of £15 to members. SIMPLES

True - but we are Blackburn Rovers, not some merchandise team that rips people off. The real peoples club! :brfc:

Archived