BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We'Ve Got A Semi (Thread) On

Ste B

We'll get an allocation just under 30,000 which we may struggle to sell out but you never know. I'd say it'll be similar to the Semi-Final VS Chelsea a few seasons back.

We (just) sold out the 30k allocation when we beat Spurs in the 2002 final. BRFC were paranoid about tickets possibly getting into the hands of Spurs' supporters, hence our allocation only went on sale to season ticket holders and not on general sale.

Should we win against Villa, imagine how paranoid they'll become when they've got to worry about either set of Mancs.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We (just) sold out the 30k allocation when we beat Spurs in the 2002 final. BRFC were paranoid about tickets possibly getting into the hands of Spurs' supporters, hence our allocation only went on sale to season ticket holders and not on general sale.

Should we win against Villa, imagine how paranoid they'll become when they've got to worry about either set of Mancs.

The same cup final where I ended up sat beside Simon Garner and his Spurs supporting mate up in the heavens.

What a great laugh that was :lol:

Posted 06 December 2009 - 22:55 PM

Just out of curiousity...

If we do win, how do i go about getting tickets for the final?? Is it just standard online booking through the club or is there another proccess ??

I's tempting fate to be thinking of this, but I'm sure itb will be season ticket holders first but as there will be more tickets than season ticket holders they should go on open sale after a while.

Its apparantly 15% so you will get around 6700.

As for the North stand behind the goal opposite the Holte End you won't be in there, its been a home end for 3 or 4 years now and is pretty much full of season ticket holders.

You might get the upper tier of that stand and some of the Witton Lane stand but you definately won't be in the Lower North.

Just reading on the Villa website about tickets and it says that Rovers have requested an increased allocation so season ticket holders in the North Stand Upper will be relocated. I presume that must mean Rovers fans will be in that area as well as the corner between north and doug ellis stand. I am disappointed to see Villa not as generous as Rovers with their ticket prices but I suppose that was to be expected. Still hope there is a good turnout to see us reach the final

Prices:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1899350,00.html

£20 adults for VP Fa Cup (2700 allocation)

£29 adults for VP CC Semi (6k allocation)

£23 concession

£15 junior

£20 adult (Jack Walker Stand)/£10 adult elsewhere for EP CC Semi (Villa, 5k allocation)

£5 concession

Cant complain about Ewood prices. We should take 4/5k for VP semi

Just reading on the Villa website about tickets and it says that Rovers have requested an increased allocation so season ticket holders in the North Stand Upper will be relocated. I presume that must mean Rovers fans will be in that area as well as the corner between north and doug ellis stand. I am disappointed to see Villa not as generous as Rovers with their ticket prices but I suppose that was to be expected. Still hope there is a good turnout to see us reach the final

If you have requested the extra allocation then yes you will have the Upper North Stand as well as the corner of the Witton Lane stand mate, I think I posted this previously. I would suggest the view is better in the Upper North out of the two so if people are going and are unsure which to go for that would be my suggestion.

I know this won't prove popular but I don't think you could really expect Villa to make the same decision as Rovers mate, I did say not to expect it when it was first raised in this thread.

Rovers aren't doing this as a kind gesture for the benefit of Villa fans they are doing it because as some Rovers fans have said you may struggle to sell tickets at full price for a game on TV. Due to FA rules you can't reduce home prices and not those of the away fans.

The game at Villa Park will very likely be a sell out or very close to being in terms of the home sections (I have no idea what following you will bring) and as such Villa have no need or logical reason to reduce the price. To do so would simply vastly reduce the match day revenue for the club with little or no benefit to be gained.

Our owner is amongst the most generous and reasonable in the game but he isn't going to cut the ticket price for a game when the tickets are going to sell regardless.

End of the day the crowds we get our superb, but we don't have a large quota of 'big game' fans like clubs from big cities have. So Villa know if some of their fans don't want to pay £29 and will watch on TV plenty of others are waiting in the wings to take their place, we don't have that luxury.

If you have requested the extra allocation then yes you will have the Upper North Stand as well as the corner of the Witton Lane stand mate, I think I posted this previously. I would suggest the view is better in the Upper North out of the two so if people are going and are unsure which to go for that would be my suggestion.

I know this won't prove popular but I don't think you could really expect Villa to make the same decision as Rovers mate, I did say not to expect it when it was first raised in this thread.

Rovers aren't doing this as a kind gesture for the benefit of Villa fans they are doing it because as some Rovers fans have said you may struggle to sell tickets at full price for a game on TV. Due to FA rules you can't reduce home prices and not those of the away fans.

The game at Villa Park will very likely be a sell out or very close to being in terms of the home sections (I have no idea what following you will bring) and as such Villa have no need or logical reason to reduce the price. To do so would simply vastly reduce the match day revenue for the club with little or no benefit to be gained.

Our owner is amongst the most generous and reasonable in the game but he isn't going to cut the ticket price for a game when the tickets are going to sell regardless.

You're a very tolerent and patient person. Not quite sure how you do it but, I tip my hat to you.

Hello Rovers fans, another villa supporter here!

Posted a bit here towards the end of last season when you were all burning effegies of Big Sam and consulting the road maps to Plymouth and I said you'd easily stay up which you did. Seem to have rebuilt your team quite well, especially in defence (warnock has been magnificent for us) and I think you can finish top 10 which would be a very good achievement.

So onto the semi final and I have to say I'm feeling quitely confident about this. I don't think it's inaccurate to say we've been a bit of a bogey team for you in recent years and while that counts for little in cup football, Ewood Park with it's wide pitch is certainly a ground we've had a bit of success on in recent seasons. I think we can get a score draw at Ewood and finish the job at VP, even a 2-1 defeat and I'd be confident of overturning it although I don't think away goals count anymore.

At Villa Park, my regular seat is in the Upper North and it is a far better view than being stuck in the lower.

Posted a bit here towards the end of last season when you were all burning effegies of Big Sam and consulting the road maps to Plymouth and I said you'd easily stay up which you did. Seem to have rebuilt your team quite well, especially in defence (warnock has been magnificent for us) and I think you can finish top 10 which would be a very good achievement.

So onto the semi final and I have to say I'm feeling quitely confident about this. I don't think it's inaccurate to say we've been a bit of a bogey team for you in recent years and while that counts for little in cup football, Ewood Park with it's wide pitch is certainly a ground we've had a bit of success on in recent seasons. I think we can get a score draw at Ewood and finish the job at VP, even a 2-1 defeat and I'd be confident of overturning it although I don't think away goals count anymore.

At Villa Park, my regular seat is in the Upper North and it is a far better view than being stuck in the lower.

The ball is yours football HQ, we have to earn the right to take it off you.

We do have that capability to take it off you over two legs but you will start as the owner of the ball.

Arte et labore... may football be the true winner!

Welcome back - so how do you rate Warnock now then? Is he your best defender?

Im happy with the progress under Sam - think we are going in the right direction.

As for the ticket prices.........Not bad, how come we have to pay more for a Semi Final against the same team though? Clearly Villa rip off their fans then! :rolleyes:

That might have had something to so with the reduced allocation we were given by Blackburn (on police advice) after the Fernhurst pub incident last season.

I saw that rumour at the time on Villa messageboards but that wasn't the case.

Rovers made the decision as part of their Taking Back Ewood campaign to only give the full Darwen End allocation to 4 clubs this season - Man U, Man City, Liverpool and Everton.

All other clubs were only offered the top tier hence the reason for your reduced allocation. The Fernhurst incident had nothing to do with it.

I saw that rumour at the time on Villa messageboards but that wasn't the case.

Rovers made the decision as part of their Taking Back Ewood campaign to only give the full Darwen End allocation to 4 clubs this season - Man U, Man City, Liverpool and Everton.

All other clubs were only offered the top tier hence the reason for your reduced allocation. The Fernhurst incident had nothing to do with it.

Now reduced to 3, not Everton.

Welcome back - so how do you rate Warnock now then? Is he your best defender?

Im happy with the progress under Sam - think we are going in the right direction.

As for the ticket prices.........Not bad, how come we have to pay more for a Semi Final against the same team though? Clearly Villa rip off their fans then! :rolleyes:

Very happy with Warnock so far, infact one of the best signings MON has ever made for the club. Boy can defend, attack and just love his whole hearted commitment. I would be shocked if he dosen't go to the world cup. In fairness he always impressed me playing for you lot aside from that 4 month spell when he was toss under Ince but then again Incey does seem to have that effect on players!

His commitment cant be faulted - however he isnt the best defensive wise. Like others have said, he made plenty of errors, just threw himself into challenges which looked committed and therefore won the crowd over. He's a good lad and we got a good fee for him, so fair enough.

Back to the Semi........Why are Villa ripping us off an extra £9 for the same tickets/ ground/ seats?!

Back to the Semi........Why are Villa ripping us off an extra £9 for the same tickets/ ground/ seats?!

Supply and demand Hughesy - because they can. It's like Rovers fans being able to buy tickets for Portsmouth and Stoke for less than one for Liverpool. More people are willing to buy them. A semi-final is more attractive than a third round tie.

I hardly ever post to this board, just like to sit and read it when I have a spare moment or two, but just thought I'd mention the fact that no one has mentioned, that the gate receipts of the games are split equally between the two clubs (minus a little bit which goes to the football league) so surely villa charging more for their tickets at home is actually a great benefit to us, say they charged only £20 rather than £30 than by very rough calculations that works out as us getting about £150 000 less than we could have, and with money very tight at Ewood, the higher the prices at Villa (assuming they still sell out) the better, because although our away support will suffer a little, higher prices is more of a detriment to the Villa home crowd, while at the same time putting more money in our pockets

;)

I hardly ever post to this board, just like to sit and read it when I have a spare moment or two, but just thought I'd mention the fact that no one has mentioned, that the gate receipts of the games are split equally between the two clubs (minus a little bit which goes to the football league) so surely villa charging more for their tickets at home is actually a great benefit to us, say they charged only £20 rather than £30 than by very rough calculations that works out as us getting about £150 000 less than we could have, and with money very tight at Ewood, the higher the prices at Villa (assuming they still sell out) the better, because although our away support will suffer a little, higher prices is more of a detriment to the Villa home crowd, while at the same time putting more money in our pockets

After a quick look at the League cup rules it turns out the gates are split 45% to each club so those having a pop at Villa for charging more should actually be saying thankyou . Well pointed out brennanboy, never knew that before.

I haven't got a problem with the Villa park prices. It's not as if they are charging us £29.00 but letting home fans in for £15.00!

Ewood Park - Both sets of fans pay £15.00 for similar seat - Att 20,000+ split 2 ways

Villa Park - Both sets of fans pay £29.00 for similar seat - Att 30,000+ split 2 ways

Nice little payout for both clubs (especially BRFC) plus the extra TV money.

Archived