BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Anfield: "Arsenal have been uncharacteristically careless in possession so far and Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard look dangerous. Gerrard looked to be brought down William Gallas in the area but Howard Webb ignored Liverpool's penalty appeals. Liverpool's captain was criticised for going to ground easily in the area at Blackburn last week - has he just paid for that moment here at Anfield?"

:lol:

They made a fair point on Goals on Sunday this morning. Yesterday Rooney got a yellow card for diving. Last week Gerrard's dive was probably more obvious but he didnt get a yellow even though it was the same ref.

They made a fair point on Goals on Sunday this morning. Yesterday Rooney got a yellow card for diving. Last week Gerrard's dive was probably more obvious but he didnt get a yellow even though it was the same ref.

Whilst Bellamy got a second yellow after being tripped! I must say Hughes should be siding with Bellamy for that but also publically chastising him for unecessarily gobbing off for his first yellow.

Hughsey do you really think Andrews could stop Gerrard ? come on lets get real.

Fortunately Gerrard never received the ball in any key forward area for him to have a go at Andrews.

If he doesn't I do. Gerrards a one trick pony. He's good at his one trick mind but anybody who can stay between him and the goal nullify's him completely.

Oh and btw he wouldn't get the ball much cos Andrews would be stood tight on him. Any player on the ball and looking to pass to him would be forced to choose other options.

No Gerrard never recieved the ball because he was no longer in masses of space as he had a man close and therefore they looked to other options. Which as everyone knows the other options are not as good as Stevie G. :!:

Oh and btw he wouldn't get the ball much cos Andrews would be stood tight on him. Any player on the ball and looking to pass to him would be forced to choose other options.

Thanks for that.... :lol: Common sense really isnt it!

I wonder whether Glen Johnson defines a personal own goal and a home defeat as Ugly Football. Certainly beautiful from where I am sitting.

Blackburn Curse - great defending by the BIG CLUB there!

As for the game, how many times did Gerrard & Torres dive to try and win free-kicks/ penalties?! Cheats! :angry2:

Gerrard had clearly knocked the ball out for a goal kick when Gallas brought him down.

I'd have said "no penalty" as well. Andy Gray commentating bseemed to think it was irrelevant where the ball was.

If that was the case then Reina bringing Kalinic down as he got his shot away was a foul and a red card for Reina as last man.

If that was the case then Reina bringing Kalinic down as he got his shot away was a foul and a red card for Reina as last man.

It should be irrelevant where the ball is, as long as it's in play.

Ref's seem to ignore this though, for some unknown reason.

Archived