BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

As Liverpool play 4-2-3-1 it wouldn't surprise me if we tried to match their five man midfield, although I personally would like us to stay with two strikers.

Well lets match them then.

------------Robbo--------------

Salgado--Samba--Nelsen--Chimbo

--------Grella--NZonzi---------

----Emerton--McCarthy--Gamst

------------Kalinic------------

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't put Dunn in a midfield three who are going to have to work their balls off to close down just to compete in midfield. He hasn't got the fitness. All for 4312/433 but I think you can only have one of Dunn or McCarthy accomdated. The rest need to have exceptional work rate and discipline to their positions.

So put Pedersen or Grella in where Dunn is and maybe start Dunn if he is fit enough ahead of McCarthy and I agree with you!

Yeah, but Dunn's not exactly a shirker himself. He'll put a foot in when he has to, and we always have alternatives when he starts to peter out. I do respect what you're saying, though.

Can we be a little realistic here? Wednesday's match was a CUP game ie no spoils shared, no replay, winner takes all. So both sides went for ir and it was great. That approach won't work against Liverpool in a Saturday League game. It wouldn't work even against lower sides like Stoke who flood the middle. 4-4-2 is a possibility but 4-3-3 with their mid-field against our's would hand them the game. Torres would have a field day.

I hope Big Sam doesn't share this philosophy. The only way we'll compete with Liverpool is if we actually pose a threat and have at them. Sure, there's a good chance we'll get spanked but that's more than likely if we sit back and pray for the best.

I'd be very suprised to see Kalinic in the starting 11, but I think bringing Benni into the dunn role behind Roberts and Di Santo is a must. Then have a confident Kalinic to bring on towards the end. I hope N Zonzi is fit as well.

No, no. Other way around. Play a confident Kalinic from the start, and bring Roberts on as an impact sub.

No, no. Other way around. Play a confident Kalinic from the start, and bring Roberts on as an impact sub.

If Kalinic hadn't played 120minutes 2 days ago then I would agree. I just think it is a lot for a young player both mentally and physically. Roberts is used to it.

I would be over the moon if sam picked him but I just can't see it.

If Kalinic hadn't played 120minutes 2 days ago then I would agree. I just think it is a lot for a young player both mentally and physically. Roberts is used to it.

I would be over the moon if sam picked him but I just can't see it.

He should be able to manage an hour or so, at least, before he tires. We're building his confidence and he's hungry for more goals. No reason to drop him, especially when Roberts is far more effective as a sub.

I'm back in the JW upper for this game, as a scouser will be sat in which ever chair I may have chosen in the Darwen End-As they have sold out the entire end..

I missed the home game defeat against them last year, but the year before I saw us get a 0-0, previous to that we won 1-0 on Boxing Day, a wonderful game with Benni grabbing the winner.

Tickets look thin on the ground for us, I had to get one on the very back row, so it could be another 30,000 turnout.

Torres is a doubt, so it could be Ngog with Kuyt and Gerrard as back up for them. But I get the feeling if he can at least start, Torres will get a run as we all know Benitez thinks Rovers are a push over.

Sams first home league game against a BIG FOUR side, lets see how much longer the FORTRESS can stand up to the barrage of a Champions League side outfit.

Blackburn Enders-bring a beach ball ot two.

Simply we have to play a similar formation to Wednesday night and have a go at teams like Liverpool at home. Its not acceptable to play the usual negative formation in the hope we can somehow scrape a draw. If nothing else it’ll chase away the walk on fans and we can’t afford that to happen.

I could forgive the manager for many things, if he tries to play once in a while. Dare I say it, burnley fans are happy In the because they don’t park the bus when playing the big teams. Now I’m not saying we park the bus, but we show little or no attacking prowess and that’s not acceptable for me at home.

Got to say if the manager plays the usual suspects and formation we’ll get beaten tomorrow. If he decides to have a go at Liverpool, we’ll maybe get beat, but you can walk away thinking we had a go, instead of walking away think why did I bother coming today to watch us get bent over again.

Simply we have to play a similar formation to Wednesday night and have a go at teams like Liverpool at home. Its not acceptable to play the usual negative formation in the hope we can somehow scrape a draw. If nothing else it’ll chase away the walk on fans and we can’t afford that to happen.

I could forgive the manager for many things, if he tries to play once in a while. Dare I say it, burnley fans are happy In the because they don’t park the bus when playing the big teams. Now I’m not saying we park the bus, but we show little or no attacking prowess and that’s not acceptable for me at home.

Got to say if the manager plays the usual suspects and formation we’ll get beaten tomorrow. If he decides to have a go at Liverpool, we’ll maybe get beat, but you can walk away thinking we had a go, instead of walking away think why did I bother coming today to watch us get bent over again.

:rover: well said that man,if we play 2 up front we may lose,if we play one up front we definatley will lose,i do not think dunny will be playing tomorrow though :xmas::brfc:

:rover: well said that man,if we play 2 up front we may lose,if we play one up front we definatley will lose,i do not think dunny will be playing tomorrow though :xmas::brfc:

Like 2 peas in a pod : :lol::brfc:

Spot on. We've sold a sh"t load of tickets on the back of a "get into 'em" performance. So I think the fans have spoken with their wallets, and that would make any business sit up and listen.

Spot on. We've sold a sh"t load of tickets on the back of a "get into 'em" performance. So I think the fans have spoken with their wallets, and that would make any business sit up and listen.

Oh no you've done it now Jackson they'll be after you as well....

"Better saddle up and extra horse Waggy before the lynch mob arrive"

After the Chelski match we all now know our strongest lineup. Given the same formation and attitude we'll not lose many games. Trouble is that after the 120 minutes not every player can turn out this weekend or play flat out again, and that's what we'll need to take anything from this game.

Torres doesn't require any comment or opinion, the best striker in Europe bar none so thank G*d he's out tomorrow.

More dangerous for us though is Kuyt. He's a bit out of fashion right now but always plays well against us and I can just see him banging one in if we take our eye off him. Ngog is a diver so let's not give him an excuse.

Scoring from distance has also become a theme against us in recent games, screamers from 35 yards etc.. Goes without saying then that Gerrard mustn't be allowed to get a run going at the box from deep, we must get a challenge in on him and not drop back to protect the box, otherwise it's goodnight Vienna. It's his 500th game so will want to shine.

Close attention to Kuyt and Gerrard moving out of midfield and we may well get a point from this one. We should score one, so a good day in midfield/defence may even see us grab all three points, but it's a big ask.

Come on you blues :rover::brfc:

I think we could win this, though playing extra time in a tough mid week game could have an impact on some of the players. If we are to win this I think set pieces are key, Liverpool have been criticised for their inability to defend set pieces due to their Zonal marking system. IF we could put decent balls into the box then Samba, N'Zonzi, Di Santo, Kalinic or Nelsen could be a real threat to their defence.

Going to be positive for this one after seeing the heart and determination displayed by the team in midweek. 1-0 Rovers, Samba with the header.

How about this for a line-up:

Robinson

Salgado - Nelsen - Samba - Chimbonda

Hoilett - Emerton - Nzonzi - Dunn

Kalinic - Di Santo

Reshuffle the midfield to put Dunn in the middle, Hoilett on the left and Emerton on the right and I'd go with that. Oddly I'd still feel more comfortable starting with Pedersen though and introducing Hoilett from the bench.

I think the Rovers will win this one. It is at home and we are coming off the Chelsea win, both of which are big motivational boosts. Liverpool is struggling, they are without Torres, and Benitez' continued employment is a topic of discussion in the papers. Liverpool can't be in the bests of spririts.

Rovers 3 - 2 Liverpool.

Heart days draw, head says loss.

The excitement of midweek aside the game much depends on what team BFS bring to Ewood. The excitement on here after the Bolton win was soon followed by despair with the team put out at Fulham. The same will be said here, unfortunately.

Hoilett shouldnt start. He'd be great as an impact sub but too much of a liability defensively to start. Play Peds until 65/70 mins and then let Junior have a go at them. Kalinic and Benni for me, they earnt their start on weds. Givet in place of Salgado, against Kuyt or Benayoun on wing, Salgado will be torn to bits, we've got to give Liverpool some respect.

-----------Robinson

Givet Nelsen Samba Chimbonda

Dunn Emerton Nzonzi Pedersen

--------McCarthy Kalinic

If things get tricky,

-----------------Robinson

Emerton Nelsen Samba Chimbonda

------------------Nzonzi

------------Dunn---------Hoilett

------------------McCarthy

-------------Di Santo Kalinic

Gerrards 500th game tomorrow against the same team who made his league debut..... great!!!!

Got a sneaky feeling he might be getting a soft penno

Not if we go through the soft scouse whinging tosser before he gets chance.

Keep him and Torres out of the game and we'll do o.k tomorrow. B)

Archived