BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

-----------Robinson

Givet Nelsen Samba Chimbonda

Dunn Emerton Nzonzi Pedersen

--------McCarthy Kalinic

I'm assuming you'd have Givet on the left and Chimbonda on the right?

Keep him and Torres out of the game and we'll do o.k tomorrow. B)

Well we're half way there!

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the amount of sprinting Bret Emmerton did on wednesday night i'd fully expect him to be burnt out on saturday along with Salgado and Kalinic. It will be interesting to see if these three start, and if so, how they manage themselves around the pitch.

gerrard to take a dive for a penalty!that will break rovers' hearts.

do remember bryan douglas slipping a late goal past the liverpool keeper at the death to win 1-0. would like to see david dunn replicate that in front of the darwen end...deja vu all over again!

Gerrards 500th game tomorrow against the same team who made his league debut..... great!!!!

Got a sneaky feeling he might be getting a soft penno

Fond memories of Tugay making Gerrard look like a right mug when we beat them on Boxing Day (05 I think). A dummy, a nutmeg and perfect ball to MGP who put it on a plate for Benni. Happy days! I'd happily take a draw tomorrow. 1-1.

I think Di Santo will defo start tommorrow, he will be fresh because he didn't play against Chelsea, I would like him and Kalinic and Dunn(if fit) in a 3 attack, with Dunn playing around there holding midfielder! I also want a PS3 for Christmas but I don't think Santa will bring me one!

I'm assuming Dunn won't start even if he passes his fitness test, in which case I'd like us to line-up like this:

--------------------- Robinson----------------------

----Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet ---

-------- Emerton, Nzonzi, Pedersen -------

------------------- McCarthy ----------------------

--------------- Di Santo, Kalinic ----------------

Shows attacking intent with three strikers and you've got Emerton and Pedersen who can cover a lot of ground as part of a midfield three. Few of the players will probably tire later on in the game and having Dunn, Holiett and Roberts on the bench enables us to freshen it up a little. I reckon it will be a close game ending in a 1-1 draw.

It'll be very interesting to see how we line up at Liverpool after the last few games. Without Torres, Liverpool tend to play a really negative 4-5-1 these days, both home and away, and I think we can afford to attack and play 4-4-2. Then again, our squad really does suit a 4-5-1. One thing's for sure, Kalinic has to start. I reckon we should play this formation:

Robinson

Salgado / Nelsen / Samba / Givet

Hoilett / Emerton / N'Zonzi / Pedersen

Dunn

Kalinic

Salgado and Hoilett might seem risky, but the Liverpool left side really is something we should look to exploit. It's likely they'll play Insua and Aurelio and we need to attack that pairing.

Hey another shocker Lawro has us down for a 0-1 win to Liverpool tomorrow didn't see that coming :D

We're officially doomed. :P

Doubt Dunn will be risked!

He shouldn't be. Let him rest and use him in some other games later this month. Let's not push him.

Woke up with a tingling sense of excitement about this one today.

One thing is for sure. We don't know what sort of outfit Rovers will put out so I am pretty certain Raffa won't have a clue.

If Torres is out, I'd try to do another Chelsea on them and go man-to-man all over the park. Start with Wednesday's starting XI if Dunn is still out except with Di Santo in place of J Rob.

When there is high there is a low!

Will be shocked if we pick up a point in this game, players must be shattered and Pool had a whole week to prepare.

shattered ??? what a load of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A GREAT EXCUSE USED BY LOSERS!!!

Hey another shocker Lawro has us down for a 0-1 win to Liverpool tomorrow didn't see that coming :D

If you go by his predictions for the season so far, come 5 o'clock tonight we'd be bottom of the league with 10 points. Also Liverpool and Chelsea would be unbeaten so far this year.

If you go by his predictions for the season so far, come 5 o'clock tonight we'd be bottom of the league with 10 points. Also Liverpool and Chelsea would be unbeaten so far this year.

He does however claim we were 'very,very good' against Chelsea. Though this was a 'breath of fresh air' to him.

Will be shocked if we pick up a point in this game, players must be shattered and Pool had a whole week to prepare.

Wednesday's game is bound to tell John, whatever Abbey says. A draw would be a creditable result.

Archived