BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Stockholm

Nothing wrong with having a Christmas do, so long as they don't get bladdered.

Getting on a 'plane to Sweden for a do though does strike me as a bit stupid. Air travel is actually quite tiring, if they have a problem playing 2 games a week then flying to Sweden to celebrate Christmas 3 weeks early strikes me as a little hypocritical of them.

No doubt someone will be on to tell me that modern football is absolute murder on the legs, and the best way to replenish energy is by breathing Nordic air.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people making an issue out of it? This happens every year and every club has these parties. If we lose on Saturday then you can maybe start complaining!

Take it you havent played/ competed at the highest level in sport then.

• Backroom

You're being harsh, the footballers world bares very little resembelence to the real world.

Also most teams will have their Xmas do this week before the real heavy Xmas fixture list kicks in.

Errr I don't get this. Elsewhere there are comments about having a hard week, 120 minutes against Chelsea, 3 games in 7 days and now it appears most of the squad is on the p!ss in Stockholm? We have a very winnable away game against Hull on Saturday and the first team are out partying. I just hope nobody raises the "it's been a hard week" arguement again for the rest of the season

Surely it's likely Hull are on the p1ss somewhere too. Isn't it?

What with the country being in a recession and all, would've been nice to have something low-key and not so ostentatious.

Or am I being harsh.

HHarsh - footballers wages haven't suffered from the recession. Anyway they went after the liverpool game - had a party and are probable back traing now. Maybe they had a drink or ttwo on suday and monday - by saturday it will be out of their system. The brak may actually help in team moral etc, if so I am for it.

Yes, every club has a christmas party, well done Einstein, that's not really the point is it?

I've got plenty of hobbies, you can talk you're relentlessly posting agitprop on here. Why don't you get a hobby mate?

No the point is, they are human, Christmas is coming up and they are surely free to enjoy 1 night on the lash? It will be great for team moral and after 2 very good performances we cant really grumble.

Iv got plenty - hence why I dont come on here to moan about every little detail I can.

No the point is, they are human, Christmas is coming up and they are surely free to enjoy 1 night on the lash? It will be great for team moral and after 2 very good performances we cant really grumble.

Iv got plenty - hence why I dont come on here to moan about every little detail I can.

I am the ying to your yang.

I'm surprised you have time for all your hobbies, you're on here so much.

Yes, I have moaned recently, but I also give praise when it's due, there was nothing to moan about last Wednesday was there? Brilliant performance. I just think that flying to Sweden on a private jet just to have a few drinks is taking the mickey a bit when times are tight for a lot of fans (you wouldn't know anything about that, by the way, you're always bragging about how much money you're earning).

If there's something to praise then I will do so, if there's something to criticise then I'll do so.

Seems a much better approach than your's which can be summed up like this:

They left Stockholm sunday night so maybe monday was off but back in training tuesday, why they went to Stockholm i cant get in my head though. +4 and pissing down for a month now.

Sounds modest, low key and well timed. Well done Rovers, now lets read about all the other teams.. partying in London, that bit closer to the Christmas fixture list congestion.

I'm surprised you have time for all your hobbies, you're on here so much.

I just think that flying to Sweden on a private jet just to have a few drinks is taking the mickey a bit when times are tight for a lot of fans (you wouldn't know anything about that, by the way, you're always bragging about how much money you're earning).

At the end of the day they dont feel the recession - they are still earning 30k a week or whatever, hardly struggling are they. Look at it another way, they are giving some business to a private airline..... :lol:

When have I mentioned what I earn!? :blink: I dont earn masses of money :wacko:

I'm not sure about that. I know a young man who is a professional cricketer and he rarely drinks at all and certainly drinks nothing while in training / during the season.

Well, I possibly have been a bit harsh.

Last year, my worl's christmas do got cancelled 'cos they sacked off a whole group of us 2 weeks before Christmas, and this year I have spent 6 months unemployed, so things like this can stick in the throat.

By the sounds of it, they may as well just had their do in Manchester.

True they could have, but fortunately for them they dont NEED to as they have plenty of coin - thats just the way it goes for footballers. They are VERY lucky like you say - they dont face 'normal' pressures and redundancy etc...

Maybe they wanted less attention from local ladies...unlike what they would get in Manchester or London.

I think you have to consider that they have a really hard schedule during christmas when everybody else off us have the opportunity to relax a bit.

I cant understand why the travelled to Sweden though, when Norway is nextdoor :D

Nor me! When I was in Stockholm the booze prices were higher than anywhere else I have ever seen. Not a place for partying.

True they could have, but fortunately for them they dont NEED to as they have plenty of coin - thats just the way it goes for footballers. They are VERY lucky like you say - they dont face 'normal' pressures and redundancy etc...

Maybe they wanted less attention from local ladies...unlike what they would get in Manchester or London.

REALLY? I'd LOVE attention from the ladies over there! Swedish lasses are F.I.T!!

Archived