BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Hull

Shabani

• Backroom

Thinking of going to this one, how long does it take to drive to Hull? I'll be going myself so may look at other modes of transport.

I think it's a winnable game thta could set us up nicely for the festive period.

Attack attack attack.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised at the confidence on here, almost an air of arrogance. Hull look to have improved a lot lately, even without Bullard their effort and will to win has been excellent in my view. I suspect we will revert to the usual suspects Andrews, Roberts etc. If we do I think we go down 2-0. Kalinic and more than a Cameo for Hoillett and I think we take it 3-2. I have enjoyed the last two games, good performance all round for the most part. The big question is was it a flash in the pan or have we turned a corner, I'm hoping for it being the latter.

Thinking of going to this one, how long does it take to drive to Hull? I'll be going myself so may look at other modes of transport.

I think it's a winnable game thta could set us up nicely for the festive period.

Attack attack attack.

It's about 120 miles away, so 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

It's about 120 miles away, so 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

Yeah takes around 2 hours, nice drive once you get past Leeds as it's usually quiet and it a long straight motorway.

I used to go back and forth about 4 times a month because my parents came from Hull so we have all our family there, not been so much lately as I lost all 3 of my surviving grandparents in the past year and half. My gran died a 2 weeks before the Hull game last year so was quite a sentimental feeling going back there as she used to take me to the museum in the Old town (had a whale skeleton hanging from the ceiling.)

We did go round the Old town bit during the day, can't remember much of the night, remember my cousin picking me up at a bar called Mint, think it's in the Princes Ave area. There were so many bars, I would definatley recommend a night out. We all met in a bar on Analby road on the day of the game, just down the street there is a bar that's a converted railway station I think, something to do with the clubs name like Tigers or something if I remember right.

12 - 2 and then 5pm onwards

Princess Avenue is the destination. Plenty of hull fans from work coming out so fingers crossed i have something to smile about for the evening session

Was it Old Town you went round or Princes Ave area?

Yeah, everyone admits Anlaby Rd is a bit of a mess - it's been earmarked for regeneration along with West Park which is the park the KC is situated in. Anlaby Rd will, in the next few years be brand new housing, have quite a few grassed, public squares with art and sculptures lining the street.

Anyone coming through for a Saturday night out? I'm hoping to be out, but the missus is tryna make me go to a 'bring your own booze' Hawaiian party!

Anyone drinking on the day, I suggest you go down Princes Avenue, the Anlaby Rd and Walton Street pubs get rammed full and are a bit chavvy, though good for a good chin-wag with fellow footie fans. Prinny Ave is more cosmopolitan.

Guest andrewpickup

a poem about Hull City

Jimmy you are a F##ktard

Geovanni you are old,

Ghillas, you thought you were signing for the rovers( turned out you are sh##te)

Phil, you are Brown

have to agree with the drive over. Its very easy on the m62 compared to other motorways like m1 and m6. Very rarely traffic hold ups on the route between hull and jct 18 where we turn off for rovers.

On a saturday its pretty stress free, have a quick watch for the speed cameras that are operational in the roadworks, there are plenty that are currently not in use but then you get a stretch where 2 most definately are ( they didnt flash me but they sure flashed )

Yeah takes around 2 hours, nice drive once you get past Leeds as it's usually quiet and it a long straight motorway.

I used to go back and forth about 4 times a month because my parents came from Hull so we have all our family there, not been so much lately as I lost all 3 of my surviving grandparents in the past year and half. My gran died a 2 weeks before the Hull game last year so was quite a sentimental feeling going back there as she used to take me to the museum in the Old town (had a whale skeleton hanging from the ceiling.)

We did go round the Old town bit during the day, can't remember much of the night, remember my cousin picking me up at a bar called Mint, think it's in the Princes Ave area. There were so many bars, I would definatley recommend a night out. We all met in a bar on Analby road on the day of the game, just down the street there is a bar that's a converted railway station I think, something to do with the clubs name like Tigers or something if I remember right.

It's off the beaten track rather than in the middle of nowhere. Hull's a pretty big city and the surrounding area is pretty nice too. It's not like people going to say Manchester are going to go out and visit Oldham, Rochdale and Bolton now is it?

A bit of harmless banter with the opposition that's all. I'm in no position to knock anybodies home town/city when I'm a born & bred Blackburnian.

The Whale skeleton will probably be the Maritime Museum in the city centre (the big historic building with the 3 domes on top) - funnily enough, I met up with my friend a couple of days ago and didn't know what to do, so we went in there.

Mint is in the old town, down 'Lowgate' - plenty of bars down the whole Lowgate area and all the old cobbled streets which come off of it as well as Trinity House Lane/Trinity Sq/Land of Green Ginger.

Ah, that'll have been what was 'Tigers Lair' on Anlaby Rd, now known as simply 'The Lair' - has the tiger from the Hull City badge as it's sign? ...to add a bit of history to your drinking - it was infact an old train platform, it was built for those who used to arrive by boat, who were seeking a train to Liverpool to cross the Atlantic to the 'new world' - they brought (I think it was either) polio or syphilis with them, so they had their own platform built to try keep the diseased ones seperate from everyone else.

For anyone arriving on the day via the M62, there's a very good park and ride right next to the A63 (M62 becomes the A63 as you approach Hull), Priory Park I think it's called. Very big, free parking, plenty of buses to the ground. Only downside last season was it took a while to get back (via bus) after the game and then get out.

have to agree with the drive over. Its very easy on the m62 compared to other motorways like m1 and m6. Very rarely traffic hold ups on the route between hull and jct 18 where we turn off for rovers.

I would be a bit wary on Saturday as there is plenty of fog forecast and we're bound to hit it somewhere on the M62.

For anyone arriving on the day via the M62, there's a very good park and ride right next to the A63 (M62 becomes the A63 as you approach Hull), Priory Park I think it's called. Very big, free parking, plenty of buses to the ground. Only downside last season was it took a while to get back (via bus) after the game and then get out.

Yeah, I'd recommmend it - area around the ground can easily become a traffic jam if too much traffic. Bus is about £2.20 return - drops you off outside the KC and picks you up the same place. Other than that, St.Stephens shopping centre is a 10 min walk away - parking there will be about £3. Cost me £2.50 for 3 hours parking there the other day.

The Hull Daily Mail are reporting that Dawson & Gardner haven't trained. Gardner being the best defender at the club, meaning Brown will probably either bring in 18 yr old Liam Cooper or the worst 'footballer' I have ever seen - Ibrahima Plonko.

Lawro predicts us to lose, no way. :rolleyes:

A clean sheet for Hull too :unsure:

They've kept two clean sheets at home this season against Bolton (1-0) and Portsmouth (0-0), he must think we're as bad as Bolton & Pompey. Speaking of which, didn't we beat them both by two clear goals. B)

• Backroom
Blackburn don't really create all that much but they are extremely dangerous at set pieces. If Hull can cope with this aspect of the game I think they will take all three points.

Because we can only create things from set-pieces. We are unable to threaten any other way.

:rolleyes:

Archived