BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Hull

Shabani

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many goals have we even scored from set pieces this season? We've actually played the ball along the ground past few games and have scored our goals that way as well. Aston Villa are more threatening at set pieces and have probably scored more of their goals from those, but I'm sure Lawro would talk about their pace and skill etc.

I'm keeping a wee spreadsheet of the Preston hairdresser's predictions and one of these days (soon) will post how it looks. As at the end of November, he had Pompey bottom on 8 points, then us Birmingham Fulham and West Ham all on 9 points. Top he had Chelsea on 34 points.

I've kept track for the past couple of seasons and to be fair we haven't fared the worst, he had a real downer on Boro a season or two ago I seem to remember. Anyway, will post the full story in a few days.

Im hopeful we can get a result here, would like to see hoilett starting on the left with benni and di santo up front with kalanic or roberts ready to come on at half time depending on how the game pans out.

Back lines looking solid so would leave it how it is and have the remaining midfield consisting of emerton, grella and nzonzi who have been good in recent games especially emerton who im very pleased for following his long layoff

im going for 0-2 to the rovers, I hope we dont miss another two one on ones this week :wacko:

Is anyone heading to the game from the York area. I usually travel back to blackburn the night before an away game, and then just get the coach or train, but I have just booked my tickets 5 mins ago. Does anyone know the best way to travel from York?

Think there's a train direct from York to Hull isn't there? No idea how often they run though. Would think you'll be able to change at somewhere like Selby if the direct one is no good.

It'll be a dead easy drive - A1079. Or if you're a motorway addict, down to the M62 then mway to Hull. Don't know about bus/coach, but there might be a service via the A1079.

Is anyone heading to the game from the York area. I usually travel back to blackburn the night before an away game, and then just get the coach or train, but I have just booked my tickets 5 mins ago. Does anyone know the best way to travel from York?

East.

Shame about Dunny but although Hull have been on improved form we have to be looking to take 3 points in this one. They seem to have found some new motivation and pride at the moment which has produced a few decent results and goals for them, as long as we can concentrate for 100% I think we can come away with the points but I think they'll be all out for the win in this one so one lapse could really cost us.

2-1 Rovers I'm going for, Di Santo and Emerton with the goals.

Not sure what to think about this game, hope we don't come crashing back down to earth. Birmingham away can be tough, so could do with at least a draw - their home form is OK, so might not be as easy as some suggest!

As always, team news, which will be announced any minute now, will be interesting...

HULL CITY: Myhill, Dawson, Gardner ©, McShane. Fagan, Geovanni, Hunt, Garcia, Boateng, Marney, Zayatte.

Subs: Duke (GK), Barmby, Altidore, Mendy, Kilbane, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Olofinjana.

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Emerton, Grella, Nzonzi, Hoilett, McCarthy, Di Santo.

Subs: Brown (GK), Roberts, Pedersen, Andrews, Diouf, Kalinić, Salgado.

Archived