BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Hull

Shabani

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HULL CITY: Myhill, Dawson, Gardner ©, McShane. Fagan, Geovanni, Hunt, Garcia, Boateng, Marney, Zayatte.

Subs: Duke (GK), Barmby, Altidore, Mendy, Kilbane, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Olofinjana.

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Emerton, Grella, Nzonzi, Hoilett, McCarthy, Di Santo.

Subs: Brown (GK), Roberts, Pedersen, Andrews, Diouf, Kalinić, Salgado.

Positive line up imo. No Andrews in the starting line up or pederson. Junior will be happy getting games and may want to stay at the club.

Where is Jacobson?He is even not on the bench for almost 3-4 games.What's happen?????

I wouldn't be surprised if he was given something similar to paternity leave. I think the club would usually not allow this, such as with Samba, but given we have Chimbonda, Salgado and Emerton all capable playing at right back, Jacobsen probably won't feature for a while now.

But he's played games since he's become a Dad, doesn't make sense to me.

I'd have thought that Allardyce just doesn't fancy him there if Chimbonda doesn't have to cover at left back.

What I mean is he only plays if he's needed, ie. not all 3 right backs are available. I'm pretty sure the couple of times he played since then have been when we've had Chimbonda and Emerton injured or one of our right backs injured, so he was called up to the bench.

I don't think there's any reason for Sam to not be happy with his performances so far.

I'd argue that is our strongest possible line-up at present (Dunny would obviously been in if he was fit) and a very positive one at that. Back four seems settled now, Grella and Nzonzi controlled the midfield well against Liverpool last week. Got Emerton and Holiett who are both capable of carrying the ball forward and running at defenders. Then you've got the link-up play and finishing of McCarthy combined with the potential that Di Santo as. All-in-all a very promising line-up.

But he's played games since he's become a Dad, doesn't make sense to me.

I'd have thought that Allardyce just doesn't fancy him there if Chimbonda doesn't have to cover at left back.

I think we have to bare in mind the upcoming Christmas fixtures, then the games with Villa. Rovers have cover in that area, so can afford to rest certain players.

Archived