BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Academy 2009/10

den

I'll agree to disagree on Hitchcock but trust me ;) he doesn't like playing up front alone

Evans has got better as the season has gone on, he started off a bit slow but he now gives threat down the opposite flank to Banton which gives defenders a problem as to which side to cover more. He's quite quick and can deliver a decent cross also plus as shown last night he can play up front also.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll agree to disagree on Hitchcock but trust me ;) he doesn't like playing up front alone

Evans has got better as the season has gone on, he started off a bit slow but he now gives threat down the opposite flank to Banton which gives defenders a problem as to which side to cover more. He's quite quick and can deliver a decent cross also plus as shown last night he can play up front also.

Both games i've watched they've subbed him(Micah Evans) when hes been a main threat to the opposition.

Last night second half, Evans played alongside Hitchcock more central, coming from the right wing first half with little Jorden Bowen going out wide right to replace him.

Evans for me has more about him than Hitchcock has from the two game si've seen, obviously a prejudged manager though sees it differently, which I find very sad, especially for Micah Evans.

Hitchcock smacks of nepotism big time hes not that good hollowsr.FOR THIS LAD TO HAVE PLAYED INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL SHOWS UP HOW POOR THE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT IS IN THIS COUNTRY.

I thought Hitchcock did well last night ... especially once he'd left his gloves in the dressing room for the 2nd half ohmy.gif

Now I wonder if - rather than England youth scouts and management who called him up and played him, Rovers management who have given him a professional deal here, numerous other posters on this MB who watch the Youth on a regular basis - maybe only JAL's judgement is being shown up here?? laugh.gif

I thought Hitchcock did well last night ... especially once he'd left his gloves in the dressing room for the 2nd half ohmy.gif

Now I wonder if - rather than England youth scouts and management who called him up and played him, Rovers management who have given him a professional deal here, numerous other posters on this MB who watch the Youth on a regular basis - maybe only JAL's judgement is being shown up here?? laugh.gif

Tris... time will prove me right ;)

Regarding young Hitchcock, this smacks of, not what you know, but more importantly who you know = SAD !

Both games i've watched they've subbed him(Micah Evans) when hes been a main threat to the opposition.

Last night second half, Evans played alongside Hitchcock more central, coming from the right wing first half with little Jorden Bowen going out wide right to replace him.

Evans for me has more about him than Hitchcock has from the two game si've seen, obviously a prejudged manager though sees it differently, which I find very sad, especially for Micah Evans.

Evans number 7 was he, turned into trouble an awful lot and had Ramm available to him, these are young players, but his and most players ball retention was poor!!

As for Ramm, he was the only player who had time on the ball, thats the sign of a very good player, and I didnt see him give too much away at all, put a solid tackle in and was booked but at 16 I think he is quite a player, lets see how he advances but reminds me so much of Keith Newton at that age, both ability wise and build!! all the Orient attacks were down the opposite flanks and he managed to get forward a few times too, he made for me one mistake all night and recovered well enough to block the ball, the defence in the main were decent!!

Its the first time I have watched the young lads and will watch them again, I take on board what Hollows has said as he watches them quite a bit, as for Hitchcok, a young lad playing the lone striker role is a tough game and all you can do is hold up the ball and link plaY!!

Tris... time will prove me right ;)

Regarding young Hitchcock, this smacks of, not what you know, but more importantly who you know = SAD !

So the Maldini's were never that good. It was just who they knew? (Don't worry, I know what you are saying) But I think he is actually quite good, rather than him being there because of his dad. Unlike a certain J. Santa Cru, who is complete shizzle and is only there because his brother was a bit homesick!

Sorry if these questions have already been answered but when is the draw for the next round? And is it free to watch the league games at Brockhall if you have a season ticket? Me and my friend are considering going down regularly to watch them after the Leyton Orient game which was decent enough. The fact a lot of people has said they underperformed makes me excited to see them at their best, and also look at other upcoming stars of the future from other clubs. For some reason I had it in my head that they played their home games at Morecambe so I've never looked into watching them regularly.

As you will see on official website the next round draw has been made (actually made before the game the other night) we have Man United at home a week today.

League games are free to watch for all, I'm not a season ticket holder and watch all their home games for free, one reason why I go to watch them. They have a match this Saturday against Bolton who we beat 3-0 I think away earlier on this season. Trust me they were below par the other night and they usually come back well from a poor performance. I've always found it good to watch the youth team this year and you could always watch the under 16's if you fancied as well.

As you will see on official website the next round draw has been made (actually made before the game the other night) we have Man United at home a week today.

League games are free to watch for all, I'm not a season ticket holder and watch all their home games for free, one reason why I go to watch them. They have a match this Saturday against Bolton who we beat 3-0 I think away earlier on this season. Trust me they were below par the other night and they usually come back well from a poor performance. I've always found it good to watch the youth team this year and you could always watch the under 16's if you fancied as well.

Great stuff! Thanks for the info

The bit in that piece about the contracts isn't strictly true. Most of those players that need a new deal at the end of the year have been told or will be this week. Also they won't be professional contracts more likely to be 3rd yr Academy deals which are slightly different!

Did Andy Haworth come through the academy, got a rave review on his debut for Rochdale. Does anybody know how old he is?

http://www.clubfanzine.com/rochdale/v2.forum.posts.php?id_t=136738&page_no=3

Can confirm that the Rochdale fans where I work (In Manchester) rate Haworth very highly and think they're onto a winner.

Lets' hope they are (For our sake) and he stays fit!

Like this quote from that link:

"There's only three Ronaldos. The fat one, the greasy one, and the Blackburn one that we saw today."

Or this one....

He goes past his man faster than a Porshe overtaking a Datsun 100A.

Some good reviews of him - doesnt sound like a Rovers player though :blink:

He had a very good debut. he strikes me as a Buckley type player who puts a wicked cross in hence the second goal. I try not to judge a player after one game (I learnt that with Jason Dawson in the 80's eh Razz), but the blokes got talent and he will win us alot of free kicks around the box due to his trickery.

Quality. I said during the game he was Ronaldo-esque, full of feet and tricks. Absolutely rapid too! One of those players who'll really get people off their seats.

shame...'that' trick had me and the kids sat directly behind mesmerised...more please

Archived