BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flowers And Robinson

Don't forget, it's another Former Players Association event at Ewood Park.

Former Rovers legend, Tim Flowers and current keeper Paul Robinson will be at Blues tonight for a Q&A session that'll be hosted by BBC Radio Lancs compere, Andy Bayes.

It's only £5 (and you get a Free pint) with all ticketing proceeds going to the Former Players Association- which was launched to provide support and assistance in addressing the cares and concerns of former players of the Club.

There will be tickets available at the door - the event starts at 7:30pm

Former Rovers legend, Tim Flowers and current keeper Paul Robinson will be at Blues tonight for a Q&A session that'll be hosted by BBC Radio Lancs compere, Andy Bayes.

It's only £5 (and you get a Free pint) with all ticketing proceeds going to the Former Players Association- which was launched to provide support and assistance in addressing the cares and concerns of former players of the Club.

There will be tickets available at the door - the event starts at 7:30pm

Already got tickets... Will be going with the wife :)

Gotta say it was a very entertaining evening. Robbo has a very dry sense of humour and comes across very well, if a little shy... You should be able to hear the entire thing (or portions of it) on the radio over Christmas.

According to Flowers, the most underrated players at Rovers in 1995 etc was Super Atko and Nicky Marker. Robbo says currently it's Givet. He is, apparently, a very quiet individual who looks like he could be a mass murderer... If you say something to him he doesn't like, serious or a joke, he just gives you a look.

The question of bobble's came up and both keepers said they couldn't do a thing about either one (England for Robbo and Liverpool and Stan Collymore for Flowers) but both bobbles were quite likely to be their faults! Robbo's bobble was from where he places the ball to goal kick and is where his foot landed. Flowers used to mark out the 6 yard box edges further forward which was a habit as he never used them. Collymore's shot stuck in that mark and bounced over his shoulder.

If I think of any more, I'll post it later :)

Gotta say it was a very entertaining evening. Robbo has a very dry sense of humour and comes across very well, if a little shy... You should be able to hear the entire thing (or portions of it) on the radio over Christmas.

According to Flowers, the most underrated players at Rovers in 1995 etc was Super Atko and Nicky Marker. Robbo says currently it's Givet. He is, apparently, a very quiet individual who looks like he could be a mass murderer... If you say something to him he doesn't like, serious or a joke, he just gives you a look.

The question of bobble's came up and both keepers said they couldn't do a thing about either one (England for Robbo and Liverpool and Stan Collymore for Flowers) but both bobbles were quite likely to be their faults! Robbo's bobble was from where he places the ball to goal kick and is where his foot landed. Flowers used to mark out the 6 yard box edges further forward which was a habit as he never used them. Collymore's shot stuck in that mark and bounced over his shoulder.

If I think of any more, I'll post it later :)

There was a game in the Championship year at Spurs when both first choice central midfielders were out and Super Atko and Nicky Marker took over. We were expected to lose according to the commentators but we creamed them. Can picture this wonderful spin and through ball for our 2nd goal from Super Atko like it was yesterday. Marker played great as well.

What was Robinson saying about the current team?

Im curious why our former players, especially some of the "internationals" dont seem to have an affinity with us, the club, where the majority of them tasted their biggest success. I dont see the kind of connection which some former players of other clubs hold with them.

I went last night – great entertainment yet again. Bryan Douglas, Beamo, Chris Sulley, Derek Fazackerley and Kevin Gallacher all made brief appearances. Me and the missus got joint first place in the quiz and won a jug of beer – cheers to Robbo for a couple of the answers :)

Robinson came across very well I thought. As mentioned above, a very dry sense of humour. He mentioned how nice it was to move North of Watford – and he seemed very happy he could play somewhere he was confident in his goalkeeping again.

Robinson was asked about Nelsen calling Sam a big elephant while he was in hospital. Robinson said he’d never say it to his face. At that moment an elephant appeared on the screen behind them (it was on skysports news – not seen the story so don’t know what it’s about). Robbo just said ‘There he is now’. You couldn’t have timed it better.

Both were very approachable and happy to sign autographs and pose for pictures.

The best question of the night for me was – “Who would win in a fight out of a Baboon and a badger?” Brilliant. I think they both said Baboon and then there was a vote on the issue :)

I went last night – great entertainment yet again. Bryan Douglas, Beamo, Chris Sulley, Derek Fazackerley and Kevin Gallacher all made brief appearances. Me and the missus got joint first place in the quiz and won a jug of beer – cheers to Robbo for a couple of the answers :)

Robinson came across very well I thought. As mentioned above, a very dry sense of humour. He mentioned how nice it was to move North of Watford – and he seemed very happy he could play somewhere he was confident in his goalkeeping again.

Robinson was asked about Nelsen calling Sam a big elephant while he was in hospital. Robinson said he'd never say it to his face. At that moment an elephant appeared on the screen behind them (it was on skysports news – not seen the story so don't know what it's about). Robbo just said 'There he is now'. You couldn't have timed it better.

Both were very approachable and happy to sign autographs and pose for pictures.

The best question of the night for me was – "Who would win in a fight out of a Baboon and a badger?" Brilliant. I think they both said Baboon and then there was a vote on the issue :)

Were you sat at the very front?

Great night, been to all of these and highly recommend them.

I can’t recommend them highly enough either! If you haven’t been to one – they are really worth going to. A fiver gets you admission, a free pint, free entry into a quiz, a couple of cards of the players to get signed. There is also food on which has to be paid for separately. The players are generally questioned for about 45 minutes before a break to get more drinks and go and get things signed or have your picture taken with the players. Then they come back on for another 45 minutes or so.

Personally I prefer the guy who presents on Rovers own TV than the radio Lancashire guy from last night. His comments that they needed to wrap things up as Paul Robinson had to be in at 9am tomorrow for breakfast were a bit odd to say the least. Maybe I just read him wrong, but he seemed to be suggesting that was an early start and we should feel sorry for him! Tough life these footballers have! This isn’t a dig at Robinson – it’s aimed at the presenter!

Good to see Grabbi and Bentley are being looked after now they have gone :P

Sounds like it was a good night. May have to venture down for the enxt one.

I like Robbo a lot. He seems like a really genuine and nice guy, almost a big friendly giant. The way he recognizes every single chant that the crowd does about him (and when he first joined, these were every couple of minutes) with a little smile and a thumbs up, is great.

At one point in the Chelsea game, a guy nearby shouted at Kalou 'take your gloves off, you big bloody panzy!', or something like that, coinciding with Robbo turning round to get the ball from behind the goal. It was pretty funny when he started to take his gloves off in response. I've often seen a little smile on his face when he hears a funny chant from the Blackburn End.

Another thing I learnt from the Chelsea game is that Robbo has a huge character, being at fault for the equalizer, but stepping up to win the shoot out. He was sat and looked devastated, I thought he'd crumbled. But it was clear he was just pysching himself up.

There was a game in the Championship year at Spurs when both first choice central midfielders were out and Super Atko and Nicky Marker took over. We were expected to lose according to the commentators but we creamed them. Can picture this wonderful spin and through ball for our 2nd goal from Super Atko like it was yesterday. Marker played great as well.

Do you not mean season before the title win? In the title winning season we did get beaten by them, 3-1 if memory serves me right!

Wish I had gone to this now sounds like it was a really good night as they all do. May have to go to the next one!

I can't recommend them highly enough either! If you haven't been to one – they are really worth going to. A fiver gets you admission, a free pint, free entry into a quiz, a couple of cards of the players to get signed. There is also food on which has to be paid for separately. The players are generally questioned for about 45 minutes before a break to get more drinks and go and get things signed or have your picture taken with the players. Then they come back on for another 45 minutes or so.

Personally I prefer the guy who presents on Rovers own TV than the radio Lancashire guy from last night. His comments that they needed to wrap things up as Paul Robinson had to be in at 9am tomorrow for breakfast were a bit odd to say the least. Maybe I just read him wrong, but he seemed to be suggesting that was an early start and we should feel sorry for him! Tough life these footballers have! This isn't a dig at Robinson – it's aimed at the presenter!

Yeah, we're very likely to do the next one as well. Really did enjoy it. Very entertaining and you learn a lot direct from the horses mouth rather than conjecture and rumour elsewhere.

Championship year we got creamed by Barmby and co 3-1

Archived