BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest andrewpickup

as far as I can read he was responding to thenodrog's tounge in cheek remark in an honest fashion. what exactly are you on his back for?

yes just giving some cheek back, and I called abbey a queen as i reckon he doesnt like it as he comes across as a biggot.

ill tell you what ill contribute though,

this racism, any racism is appauling and people trying to condone it is disgusting, the song is racist, paki has negative historical connotations, its not just the shortening of a word like 'brit' the song also mentions 'c##t' thats pretty grim and mysoginistic but we are big and ugly enough to cope with that, having said that it should be a family event, but thats another can of worms.

we were calling james a faggot were we not recently? thats v offensive but in my eyes also laughable and embarrasing for the protagonist

lets just stick to

"thank you very much for lars bohinen, thank you very much, very very very much"

this racism, any racism is appauling and people trying to condone it is disgusting, the song is racist, paki has negative historical connotations, its not just the shortening of a word like 'brit' the song also mentions 'c##t' thats pretty grim and mysoginistic but we are big and ugly enough to cope with that, having said that it should be a family event, but thats another can of worms.

Correct. Never mind singling out the word 'Paki' it's just horrible in total content. Sung by pig ignorant, mindless morons and mimicked by impressionable adolescents. It's high time to weed out the morons but not solely on the fashionable grounds of racism but rather more on grounds of all round public decency.

It should serve as a salutory lesson to the aforementioned adolescents and might even persuade me, and others like me, to attend the odd awayday. Something that the ranks of chavvy, boorish council house dollopers have caused me to forego these past few years.

Guest andrewpickup

Hey thats good, I'm normally very happy too andrew. :tu:

........... Or are you simply applying the modern euphamism (but very innaccurate and misleading term) for homosexuallity? :huh:

i dont know the origins of it but it is an odd 'title' and people use it as a descriptor? (is that right)

you never hear ' you know Frity? you know, straight chap?"

you only know someones sexuality if they tell you

anyway, im not saying any more, its absurd that any racism could be considered anything but negative, and ultimately bad for our club

God, you're old Gordon! :D

I'm confused how you know that Ivan. What gave me away?

you only know someones sexuality if they tell you

:blink: Is that a bit like the old schoolyard joke "I'm certainly not a homosexual ...... but I was once bummed by a bloke who was." :rolleyes:

as far as I can read he was responding to thenodrog's tounge in cheek remark in an honest fashion. what exactly are you on his back for?

His two contributions to a serious debate about racist chanting have been:

1) yeah alright then queenie

2) I hope not as im gay

That’s why I’m having a go at him.

Guest andrewpickup

:blink: Is that a bit like the old schoolyard joke "I'm certainly not a homosexual ...... but I was once bummed by a bloke who was." :rolleyes:

sounds like a gays diary

friday 17th

bumming

sat 18th

listened to soft cell album

moderate bumming

sun 19th

severe bumming. bought satsumas

read on gav

When I was a little kid, my grandmother used to put on old black and white films. Gay was a term used in those and it's meaning was completely different. Your language is, frequently, indicative of an older generation. ;)

I will report anyone who is singing racist songs to the nearest steward as it is wrong and the last thing I wish to hear or be associated with as a Rovers fan. I'm going to Wigan away on Boxing Day and, while I won't be actively searching for it, I will report anyone singing such crap.

Guest andrewpickup

When I was a little kid, my grandmother used to put on old black and white films. Gay was a term used in those and it's meaning was completely different. Your language is, frequently, indicative of an older generation. ;)

I will report anyone who is singing racist songs to the nearest steward as it is wrong and the last thing I wish to hear or be associated with as a Rovers fan. I'm going to Wigan away on Boxing Day and, while I won't be actively searching for it, I will report anyone singing such crap.

i am too, im sure plenty of us are and being local the dross will be there in full force, i hope there are lots of us reporting the racists, we would all do well to petition john williams too

Its simple - if you dont like what you hear, report it to the nearest steward or record a video and send it in to the local police or club......Not alot more either you or the club can do about it without evidence.....

On Saturday there were plenty of stewards and police on duty who must have heard what was being sung but they opted to take no action. Therefore reporting it to the police or stewards would have been a complete waste of time. It makes a complete joke of the footballing authorities trying to kick racism out of football. There was a family in front of me on Saturday with a little girl who were totally embarrassed by the foul mouthed idiots who seem to be increasing in number at our away matches.

It's clearly becoming a problem for the club and the media will surely pick up on these chants before long. Sadly, the club's attempts to make watching the Rovers a family friendly affair is being seriously undermined by the antics of these idiots.

There's nothing to stop the club sending a batch of it's better stewards along to matches to supplement the home team's crew.

The Rovers stewards would have the single intent of looking out for the racist behaviour (leaving the home stewards to deal with the safety and well being issues they are primarily responsible for)and knowing that the club is taking it seriously enough to have foot soliders policing the matter would be a positive step that might deter the idiot ring leaders and their sheep followers. Or if not, identified and suitably dealt with.

On Saturday there were plenty of stewards and police on duty who must have heard what was being sung but they opted to take no action. Therefore reporting it to the police or stewards would have been a complete waste of time. It makes a complete joke of the footballing authorities trying to kick racism out of football. There was a family in front of me on Saturday with a little girl who were totally embarrassed by the foul mouthed idiots who seem to be increasing in number at our away matches.

It's clearly becoming a problem for the club and the media will surely pick up on these chants before long. Sadly, the club's attempts to make watching the Rovers a family friendly affair is being seriously undermined by the antics of these idiots.

Report it to the police....they get their camera out and record the people - the club identifies and bans - simple really! :blush:

We also always have some of our own stewards there making sure we behave so they too could help the police.

Cant see why the media would pick up on the chants when United sing about Istanbull, council houses etc and Scousers & City sing about Munich.

Why's nobody condoning the scousers for what they sung ?

By not mentioning it (whatever it was) aren't people automatically condoning it?

Edit: I think TND is right there, Abbey's post makes a lot more sense in that context. Ignore the above.

What annoys me in all this, is what a total mess Blackburn's race relations are.

for the Asian lads that were there, well I hope it does'nt put you off supporting this great club of ours, where EVERYONE is welcome.

As I have often posted on the ICBINF board, we have a serious lack of Asian supporters in the town, and when I have asked various Asian lads why down the years the response I have normally got is:

'I support United because Rovers are s*** mate'

But now as soon as anyone mentions the Asian supporter issue all we are going to get is:

'Well if you were Asian you wouldnt go to be subjected to such racism'

Be that as it may, but for the near on 20 years Ive been at Ewood, I cant say it has been a bearpit of racist chanting. In that case where has the Asian support of the town been for those 20 years?

Though the chanting at Hull was so stupid its unreal, just what the club needs, though not condining the people that sing it, they don't see Asians as part of the club and believe that they have no interest in the club.

Blackburn Rovers is the ONLY thing of any worth left in the town and it is something that ALL the town should get behind.

The divide in this town would begin to breakdown if we saw Asian faces at Ewood in decent numbers, it always heartens me when I see Asian lads in Rovers shirts, alas it's not a sight I see very often.

:rover: rovers fans are'nt racist look in the paul ince thread :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

I love how you make these braindead posts, without any substance, then scuttle back down your hole.

Did it ever occur to you people revile Ince because he was a ###### manager? One you appeared to back unconditionally. :rolleyes:

Archived