BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

Was just a thought Jisty, but thanks for the positive comment.

Honestly mate, its on the whole never been a problem with Rovers fans. Certainly never at Ewood and ive never heard anything in previous seasons. In the middle of the season (at away games only), there was a certain issue to do with the aforementioned Coyle song, but arrests have been made and the issue nipped in the bud (I believe)

I went to the last away game at Portsmouth with my Asian, muslim girlfriend (im white) and there wasnt a peep of anything offensive toward us/her. Dont let it put you off.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to open a can of worms or upset anyone but I don't think they single out muslims in particular, Isgak. It's the Asian population in general, and just a few idiots who feel it necessary unfortunately.

So glad for ohmi, I was quite worried for him, at least common sense prevailed.

Again, thank you all.

I've entered into a new career as a support worker for people with autism and learning difficulties. Gaining a contract was pending on today's verdict. When I rang my managed today to tell her the result she was really happy; going to get full time hours now and a contract. So happy!

The prosecution said that in their closing statement. The steward was poor and 'assumed' he heard me, kept saying he: "heard me, within a group," although he was below where we were and side on. Absolute shambles. DVD evidence 'turned up' on the morning of the case. When the steward watched it, he said it blurred his memory - or words to that affect. Definitely not good enough to do his job.

The issue is, this kind of thing (as in your case) can harm a person's career and should never be taken lightly.

not to mention his life. Ohmi lives and breathes BRFC. losing his career and his club would of put him in a very dark place.

Have you lodged a formal complaint with the stewards employer and the CPS? I'd be seriously considering it.

I cannot believe on the basis of this alledged evidence a prosecution was even considered never mind followed through with.

Im really pleased that you've got everything sorted, and followed that up with some good news on the job front. Nice one fella. :)

Ohmi -

Excellent result on the Court case!

It sounded a bloody disgrace that the case was ever brought! Nice to see justice prevail, although the stress that you will have been going through must have been horrendous.

Good luck with the new job!

Icers -

Don't worry about coming to the Rovers. There'll be no bother whatsover. There's asian ST holders in the Riverside. No-one thinks twice about it.

Great result Ohmi; I am so happy for you. Plus it does show that there is still such a thing as British Justice.

Also happy for you in your choice of career and the fact that it was not taken from you before it even began. One of my Grandsons is autistic so I am especially grateful to people like yourself. I hope you do well and find it very rewarding. Good luck!

Have you lodged a formal complaint with the stewards employer and the CPS? I'd be seriously considering it.

I cannot believe on the basis of this alledged evidence a prosecution was even considered never mind followed through with.

Im really pleased that you've got everything sorted, and followed that up with some good news on the job front. Nice one fella. :)

In the process of doing so Mr. Wilky. My missus dad is an ex-policeman so he's checking my drafts for me. Hopefully the one I've just wrote will be good enough and can be sent to Mr. Williams tomorrow. My aim is to arrange with either Mr. Williams or Mr. Finn. As people have said that one will be prepared to talk to me.

Regarding the CPS, I have to ring my solicitors tomorrow and arrange an appointment. The prosecution said that it should never have got to court. So that's good.

Great result Ohmi; I am so happy for you. Plus it does show that there is still such a thing as British Justice.

Also happy for you in your choice of career and the fact that it was not taken from you before it even began. One of my Grandsons is autistic so I am especially grateful to people like yourself. I hope you do well and find it very rewarding. Good luck!

Thank you, me too! Such a relief, I can start to carry on with my life now.

Again, thank you. It something I enjoy doing and I get very strong job satisfaction each time I finish shift. It's by no means easy, and can be very challenging. But the rewards are so great; knowing you've made a difference to a person's life. So glad that I can now get a contract!

not to mention his life. Ohmi lives and breathes BRFC. losing his career and his club would of put him in a very dark place.

Cheers, Jedward! This is true.

Ohmi -

Excellent result on the Court case!

It sounded a bloody disgrace that the case was ever brought! Nice to see justice prevail, although the stress that you will have been going through must have been horrendous.

Good luck with the new job!

Icers -

Don't worry about coming to the Rovers. There'll be no bother whatsover. There's asian ST holders in the Riverside. No-one thinks twice about it.

It was. I couldn't believe it happened. The last 3 months have been horrible. Amongst the worst in my life. Thank you about my job!

Hopefully you'll have some joy. JW isn't one to shirk the fans.

I'd expect however that he will want to keep things confidential. Especially if discussing other club employees.

Time I think Ohmi, to not keep publicising this.

(however I'm sure that something could be brought up at the Fans Forum should you require it)

Archived