BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racist Chanting By "Rovers Supporters"

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not at all.

I just find it hard to believe all these amazing things happen to you.

I've never EVER heard of someone getting bottled at a football match. Not these days anyway.

Apologies if it did actually happen.

It did And I have a lovely tiny bald patch on the bump where the scar is. So 2 or 3 things I've mentioned over the course of 2 weeks couldn't ever happen? ;) Anyway, least your not picking on my being deaf yet hahaha. Then I WOULD get uptight! I'll try and stop telling my life story though (for what it's worth, the vid was funny. I just wondered if something was going on against me).

Was that the message "removed on legal grounds"?

I do wonder if he's back on here in another incarnation. Although he's probably too proud to do that.

EDIT: Just noticed he's now banned from footymad anyway!

But it was somebody else's head and you stitched it on backwards?

:lol::lol:

Nothing against you at all mellison.

A lad I used to work with swore he went to the Sheff Weds semi final on a microlight :lol:

You should ask someone to trace the IP address and nip round for a chat pal :tu:

They all sang TOWN FULL OF PAKIS to the rovers fans.

If they'd sung 'HALF FULL' there couldn't really be any objections could there?

The club have been made aware of what has been going on at away games, they are going to look into it. Can't say anymore at the moment.

So which club would assume responsibility for any racist actions? The home club I presume?

What role are the police taking in all of this?

They’ll happily stick a video camera in your face when you’re doing nothing wrong

They'll happily ban people because they think they've got the 'potential' to cause violent disorder

But when a crime is talking place, such as racist chanting, they’re nowhere to be seen?

Something wrong here :rock:

A case of sticks and stones I assume. There is some justification in that attitude too if coming down too heavy handed were to cause violent behaviour.

As far as policing and stewarding though it still amazes me why away fans are allowed to stand up all through a match. I guess the same logic must be at work.

Mellison weren't you and your dad also beaten up by Burnley fans which left you deaf in one ear, although in a different story the deafness was caused by you being born extremely premature. I did quote you both times last time around but cant be arsed to trail back through your posts again.

Mellison weren't you and your dad also beaten up by Burnley fans which left you deaf in one ear, although in a different story the deafness was caused by you being born extremely premature. I did quote you both times last time around but cant be arsed to trail back through your posts again.

There's a danger this could turn into a witch-hunt, but I think Mellison did say that the October dingle dercy was the first one that he attended. Although he could've been unfortunate and was just walking through town and some errant dingle fans assaulted him?

In any case, it's not really my business, and I'm not that fussed either way.

But it does seem like a life less ordinary.

If they'd sung 'HALF FULL' there couldn't really be any objections could there?

So which club would assume responsibility for any racist actions? The home club I presume?

A case of sticks and stones I assume. There is some justification in that attitude too if coming down too heavy handed were to cause violent behaviour.

As far as policing and stewarding though it still amazes me why away fans are allowed to stand up all through a match. I guess the same logic must be at work.

On cue.

Now now, half full of an ethnic minority would be better.

;)

Ethnic majority (or soon will be) i seem to recall seeing official government projections using the Development of Migration Model that Blackburn along with the cities of Bradford and Leicester will have a white minority within 30 years.

==

Back to topic, it's wrong what is being chanted and it should be stopped, a quite word/warning would probably sort it out. I'd also like to see other campaigns like the 'kick racism out of football' receive the backing of the FA too as there are many other forms of discrimination chanted at a lot of games around the country which are deemed acceptable, yet are highly offensive and discriminatory.

Archived