BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Five Blanks

I have looked back until my birthdate and on no occasion have we gone 5 matches without scoring. We are four and counting.

I was born a long time ago. Four blanks have cropped up on a handful of occasions but the second of those included a home defeat by Burnley, that's how long ago that was...

Anyone bothered to find out when or even if we have played 5 consecutive league games without scoring?

Most of us got what we wanted with 4-4-2 and the performances have been generally better than most this season, but the goals seemed to dry up when Dunn disappeared.

Why? Well no goals and little creativity from midfield must be one factor. Poor free-kicks and corners as well.

Di Santo appears to be a none-scoring forward and Roberts has disappeared from the scene.

But I suppose those (me) who said we would be F*****D when Dunn got injured were right...

My son ( Dazrover ) has just got into this internet streaming thingy. In three games he's not seen a goal yet !

Tell him to stop watching :lol:

People moaned we were shipping goals, that has been sorted out - next step goals.....Have a little patience. Di Santo needs 1 or 2 goals and then he will be away...Same with Kalinic.

The troubling thing is that we have tried everything but Dunn. Benni has actually scored but it's been disallowed, Roberts and Di Santo work hard but never really look like scoring, Kalinic gets his shots away but misses the target all the time...I'm not sure if it's just really bad luck, or the striking coach isn't getting the best out of the players.

The troubling thing is that we have tried everything but Dunn. Benni has actually scored but it's been disallowed, Roberts and Di Santo work hard but never really look like scoring, Kalinic gets his shots away but misses the target all the time...I'm not sure if it's just really bad luck, or the striking coach isn't getting the best out of the players.

Its blatantly obvious we need a creative outlet from out wide, ideally a left winger who can cross a ball into the box. Which do you think the opposition fears more, a side with just one creative player and source for inspiration? or a side with two or more creative players? The opposition can shut down one player, but 2 or more is far more difficult.

Most of us got what we wanted with 4-4-2 and the performances have been generally better than most this season, but the goals seemed to dry up when Dunn disappeared.

Why? Well no goals and little creativity from midfield must be one factor. Poor free-kicks and corners as well.

Di Santo appears to be a none-scoring forward and Roberts has disappeared from the scene.

But I suppose those (me) who said we would be F*****D when Dunn got injured were right...

Rum do this. The board is littered with whingers when we play 4-4-1-1 with Dunny and Di Santo up top yet without Dunny and a more reflection of 4-4-2 we cannot score. How does that work then? :blink:

Part of the problem is basing a system behind a key man who although talented is really just a sick note.

Uhhhhhh.... we beat Chelsea and drew with Liverpool and are currently unbeaten since Dunn has been out injured. So no you and "the people who said we would be F****D" are NOT right, but in fact the opposite, as we are doing perfectly fine without Dunn at the moment.

To lose your key man and perform the way we have is a tremendous effort from everyone at the club and they should be applauded, not criticised unnecessarily. Poor finishing from our strikers has been a bit of a problem all season, it's definitely something that needs to be worked on in training...

Rum do this. The board is littered with whingers when we play 4-4-1-1 with Dunny and Di Santo up top yet without Dunny and a more reflection of 4-4-2 we cannot score. How does that work then? :blink:

Part of the problem is basing a system behind a key man who although talented is really just a sick note.

It's frustrating for Plastic Head because with no losses and with Andrews not playing often enough, he doesn't have anything to moan about, so he tries his best to put a negative spin on anything else in reach.

I'm sure that Di Santo is ours if we want him. No way is he good enough for Chelsea.

Not a bad substitute to have, and with quality service he'll be a danger with his height. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ancelotti decides to keep him.

I think it's fair to say that the difference for Kalinic may just be one or two goals. He is getting chances but his finishing has not been great and looks a lot like nervousness. I reckon that once he scores a proper one in the Prem and gets some game time then he is capable of a streak of goals in consecutive games. He's getting the chances, after all.

Di Santo, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be the kind of player who simply "needs a goal". He doesn't look like getting the chances nearly as much as Kalinic, and plays in a different way. Kalinic appears to have the potential to be prolific, but I don't think the same can be said for Di Santo. Which one turns out to be the better player though, we will only be able to see in time. I actually think they can compliment each other very well if they play together regularly and develop more of an understanding with experience.

Do you know how ridiculous it comes across when you type that. How old are you again?

It didn't come across as ridiculous to me - players, even young ones out on loan from big clubs and under longish contracts, do have some say in what happens to them. Or were you referring to his use of the word lad? In which case what's wrong with that?

It's frustrating for Plastic Head because with no losses and with Andrews not playing often enough, he doesn't have anything to moan about, so he tries his best to put a negative spin on anything else in reach.

You know me too well ;)

I wasn't intending to be too negative, just trying to work where all the goals have gone when we are playing generally better, even when Keith has played.

Archived