BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur

It's an odd one then, you get people who have grudges against certain players but it's not often you get people going who appear to hate the entire team.

There was a guy behind me last week who slagged Kalinic off from the minute he came on, someone played a ball nowhere near to him and this equated to him being worse than Grabbi and hopeless. It defied belief.

I must admit I have possibly taken on a more negative demeanor at times this season but some people take it to the extremes.

I can understand if we are playing absolutely terrible and nobody is putting any effort in,(last year away at Wigan i was on the verge of booing them myself and i didn`t blame anybody for booing them that day!)But these 2 muppets are constantly whining every week and i know there are others sat near these 2 that are equally fed up of them too.It just spoils it for everybody else.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had episodes back home in my town where I have thought it is the best 1st half I have seen in a very long time, yet someone is completely negative and think we are worse than ever.

Makes you think if people are watching the same game?

I guess its supporters with footballing minds vs clueless people.

Tottenham 2 shots on target - 2 goals, says it all for me, they were lucky!

The people who said our manager has to go and the tactics were wrong need to get real. Sam didn't start with Diouf, Pedersen or Andrews which is what we all wanted and people are still moaning.

Spot on.

The fans wanted 4-4-2 - they got it

They also wanted Diouf, Roberts & Andrews not to play - they didnt.

I work with a spurs fan and his view of the game was - Blackburn were very unlucky, and the game could have gone either way. It shows how far Spurs have come because usually they would lose a game like that. Also said that the 1st goal was a foul and that defoe should of been booked 2 or 3 times.

Spurs fans can see we are playing at a good level...just some of our own doomsday fans cant!

Spot on.

I work with a spurs fan and his view of the game was - Blackburn were very unlucky, and the game could have gone either way. It shows how far Spurs have come because usually they would lose a game like that. Also said that the 1st goal was a foul and that defoe should of been booked 2 or 3 times.

Spurs fans can see we are playing at a good level...just some of our own doomsday fans cant!

Hughsey there have been positives from the last 4/5 league games, and I'll be the first to admit that/hunt them out. The two you mention are just for starters.

However, 1 goal in 6 league games CANNOT be down to bad luck. Sure we might not have the players to be creative, and we could debate how much of that is down to Sam. But regardless of creative personnel or not Sam has not set up the team to counter this lack of creativity and that has been seen by the lack of goals. Sure the players should take a large slice of the blame for this, but then so should the manager.

Hughsey there have been positives from the last 4/5 league games, and I'll be the first to admit that/hunt them out. The two you mention are just for starters.

However, 1 goal in 6 league games CANNOT be down to bad luck. Sure we might not have the players to be creative, and we could debate how much of that is down to Sam. But regardless of creative personnel or not Sam has not set up the team to counter this lack of creativity and that has been seen by the lack of goals. Sure the players should take a large slice of the blame for this, but then so should the manager.

Agreed.You make your own luck in sport and by failing to create many chances and missing those few we do create we are not unlucky so much as inept. How many players in our side can actually shoot?

I understand we aint socring enough - but we ARE creating plenty of scoring chances.....its the players who are not putting those chances in the net, not the manager.

Well I agree that the players need to take some of the blame for not banging them in the net, after all they are the ones on the pitch. Di Santo and Kalinic were particularly remiss not to score against Liverpool.

However, I do disagree that we are creating lots of chances, or rather the nature of those chances. Very few of them are really clear cut chances; top draw chances which really should result in a goal. I can't remember the last defence splitting pass or gem of a cross for the striker to latch on to.

Again the players in part should take some of the responsibility for this but then so should Sam. The way we're set out and playing at the moment we're not creating those chances, and that is something the manager needs to address and work on in training. After all he decides the tactics and how we're to play.

Hopefully Sam will rectify this in January by signing a creative player for the team. IMO he simply has to, although funds will dictate as to what level of quality he can buy. Sam hasn't been blessed with much creativity in the team he inherited, but if after three transfer windows it is still lacking it'll be a poor look out. Granted rome wasn't built in a day, but I'd say it was our biggest need, and arguably has been for some time.

Spot on.

This proves how far Spurs have come since last season they are 14 points better off.

This might come as quite a surprise to some but we are 5th in the Premier League improvement table We could hardly do any worse I suppose but we are showing signs of improvement.

All people seem to say is we are only 3 points off the relegation zone but 3 points when you're down there do not come easy, it might take teams in the bottom 3 about 2/3 games to make up them 3 points, by that time we'll be on a good run, starting at Wigan.

This might come as quite a surprise to some but we are 5th in the Premier League improvement table We could hardly do any worse I suppose but we are showing signs of improvement.

All people seem to say is we are only 3 points off the relegation zone but 3 points when you're down there do not come easy, it might take teams in the bottom 3 about 2/3 games to make up them 3 points, by that time we'll be on a good run, starting at Wigan.

Well it's no suprise that we are improving, I'm sure all fans would agree on that. Where we'd disagree is how quickly we are improving. Even so, it is an encouraging indicator to be as high as 5th in the improvement charts, although as you state could we have got any worse?

Hoping you are right about the relegation issue. Another positive spin is that a fair few of the bottom teams have had good runs of late yet we are still three points clear of them. Wigan is a massive game though.

Some people, on here in particular, were threatening to commit suicicde unless we played 4-4-2 (or two "strikers", sorry).

Overall, we are creating enough chances I reckon, some good ones too, but are simply not clinical enough.

I understand we aint socring enough - but we ARE creating plenty of scoring chances.....its the players who are not putting those chances in the net, not the manager.

Against Tottenham can only remeber TWO clear chances, one from MaCarthy and the other from Nelsen header.

A few half chances aswell but dont remember thinking we've had plenty of chances in the game.

Well its taken a few days for me to calm down over this one,but not because of Rovers performance.I thought they did everything right but score and really should have got a result against a spuds team who`s defence was there for the taking.

Nope my anger is directed at the Father/son combo sitting on BBE lower row 12 seats 29/30.I have really had enough of these 2 Pr*cks now and i am fed up of them constantly slagging our own players off week in week out.They have never once got behind the lads when they have needed support and i am on the verge of giving the pair of them a right slap! I am not a violent bloke by any means but these 2 are really getting on my t*ts,if they are on this messageboard then i have a suugestion for them,either shut the f**k up during the game or better still p*ss off to the dingledome and annoy somebody else!

Rant over! (i think i will now go chant some buddhist incantations and drink some herbal tea to help me return to my previously peaceful state of mind... :blush: )

Think I know who you mean, I'm on the same row seat 37, a right moaning pair. Also have you not heard the father and daughter combo seat 35/34? Daughter must still be at primary school but their (and I mean both of them) language is dreadful

Spot on.

The fans wanted 4-4-2 - they got it.

No we didn't! We had McCarthy playing about 10 yards deeper than Di Santo. It was no more 4-4-2 than when Dunn plays that role, and it asks too much of the 'lone' striker. Every time he gets the ball he has 2 centre backs to deal with. The only player that supports him is Dunn / McCarthy, who is picked up by the defensive midfielder, and, as we've seen, it's very easy to defend against. That's why we rely on set-pieces or a piece of brilliance in order to score.

And as for the notion that we created loads of chances and were unlucky - rubbish. I reckon we created 2 'chances' at most - the rest of our efforts were speculative long shots. It is true to say that Spurs were poor and maybe we didn't deserve to lose, but the best we were ever going to get was a 0-0 - we could still be playing and we wouldn't have scored!

Think I know who you mean, I'm on the same row seat 37, a right moaning pair. Also have you not heard the father and daughter combo seat 35/34? Daughter must still be at primary school but their (and I mean both of them) language is dreadful

:lol: yeah the daughter`s a right gob-on-a-stump!

Archived