BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If two or more of EDH, Roberts, MGP & Keef start (one is excusable in the event that Grella, Emerton & Dunn are all out) we may as well hold the white flag up before a ball is kicked. I will be furious if more than one of these imposter's plays.

I think "imposter" is an apt description of EHD and MGP. I would not be so harsh with Roberts and Andrews, both of whom I view as decent enough subs, so long as they were limited to that role.

Id play Salgado at right back - he will stop Krancjar.

Or send him to a hospital. Salgado can be a force of nature. Lets be careful of what we wish for.

Olsson should get a start now on left wing. He cannot be worse than Pedersen or Diouf. Team i would go for:-

. . .

Pedersen, Diouf and Anderws should get nowhere near the first team.[/size][/font]

Agreed about both EHD, MGP and Andrews (use as a sub only). I also think Olson should have one or two home run outs. He has to be better than the previous three, or at least no worse which would be excusable considering his age and inexperience.

Similar to what line-up I'd play, but surely Kalinic has to start Joey? He was the only positive from Tuesday for me.

Kalinic was not the only positive, but he has been a consistent warrior out there. He needs a home start (3 or 4, if you ask me) and he needs some support. Give the boy some belief and he'll come good.

. . . just play with two wingers. As long as Hoilett is one of them, we'll be ok.

Hoilett adds some much needed pace. I hope Sam sees this before the turn of the New Year. Let's get 20+ points on the board!

Whatever team Sam puts out we need to get behind the lads and the manager from the start!

We need more of this. Fire up the squad, not drag them down.

Sams got to, simply got to pick his strongest eleven that are going to get stuck right into Tottenham today.

First rule today from Rovers all over the pitch, then do your stuff with the ball only when they've earned the right to have that ball.

Is this ideal Gael Givet, Ryan Nelsen weather for their game. Question is who else can match these lads with some tasty, get stuck into em, hard challenges on their southern counterparts today.

Arte et labore

What odds do you think I can get that Chimbonda has gloves on today??

1/1,000,000 most likely, probably wearing full body kit as well. Someone should lob a hot water bottle on the pitch for him.

Its the full monty today.

Hat, neck warmer, tights and gloves with maybe toe warmers in his boots :rolleyes:

Isn't that the complete opposite to the full monty?

When I read the first line I thought you'd be streaking.

Watching Portsmouth and some other games recently we are clearly the worst footballing team in the division and quite possibly the worst team full stop.

We will prove it the afternoon.

1-4

I'm in a fierce mood as well.......so i'm not accepting any sh!te today.

• Backroom

With Modric, King and Woodgate out, I think Tottenham are beatable. In my opinion, those 3 turn Tottenham into a team that can beat anyone, but without them they are just your above average team. So should be interesting...

For me Krancar is more dangerous than Modric.

And I agree with Plastic Head, apart from maybe Wolves and Hull there are no worse footballing teams in the league than us. Whether thats down to the manager or the players is debatable.

However pretty football isn't always the be all and end all as proved by WBA.

Watching Portsmouth and some other games recently we are clearly the worst footballing team in the division and quite possibly the worst team full stop.

We will prove it the afternoon.

1-4

I'm in a fierce mood as well.......so i'm not accepting any sh!te today.

Portsmouth are indeed playing very well. I think the main issue with our team is it's far too slow compared to the pace of other teams.

• Backroom

Robinson, Jacobsen, Nelsen ©, Givet, Chimbonda, Salgado, Nzonzi, Grella, Hoilett, McCarthy, Di Santo.

Salgado starts, Kalinic dropped, Samba out.

Baffling, Kalinic was our best player midweek.

At least Hoilett is back in.

Archived